would EPCOT ever add a new pavillion?

Slowjack

What about Ireland or Scotland
Um, Epcot already has the UK, as in, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain meaning the island that includes England, Scotland, and Wales.

Of course the nation of Ireland is different than the island of the same name, so an Ireland pavilion wouldn't be entirely redundant, I suppose.

Sir_Cliff

Um, Epcot already has the UK, as in, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain meaning the island that includes England, Scotland, and Wales.

Of course the nation of Ireland is different than the island of the same name, so an Ireland pavilion wouldn't be entirely redundant, I suppose.

Northern Ireland is a part of the UK but the Republic of Ireland is a completely independent country and so isn't redundant at all.

Here you go:

ukmap.gif

castlecake2.0

Thats what Im sayin, would be fantastic. Cmon Ireland Tourist Board, help us out! :wave:

The UK Pavilion already confuses guests to begin with, I can imagine this would not help the situation...

Guest Quote:

'Is this Mexico?'

'No Im sorry, this is Canada... would you like a map of the park?':p

redkoala245

I doubt there is room to add one more pavillion after viewing how big Epcot is. Unless if they remove the Outpost thing (w/e its called) between Germany and China. Because that area is useless. It is only good if you need food or drinks…

Duckberg

Disney is very good at hiding the additional pavillion spots. However, I don't see any new countries for Epcot anytime soon. Disney requires some very large fees for building a new pavillion for a country. I cannot remember the exact numbers, but it's offputting for the governments of the countries.

PROBLEM is the $$$ needed to maintain the pavillions they already have. NORWAY is a good example that could use a cash influx to UPGRADE! Duckberg :brick:

castevens

We can start making space by moving the Canada pavilion to be on top of the American pavilion (and add a Mexico into the basement)

tirian

The large sponsorship fee is part of the problem, but there's another complication from the EPCOT Center era. Epcot's World Showcase is essentially a permanent World's Fair, and the Fair guidelines state that any participating country cannot be part of another permanent exhibition. That's why many of the pavilions were originally sponsored by companies, not governments, of each respective country.

That said, World's Fairs are essentially over. The last major one in America was in New Orleans in the early 80s, and it didn't do well. A smaller one followed it almost immediately in Canada and performed even worse. Small expos have been built since then, but they tend to be highly regional. Nobody travels around the world to visit them.

Epcot's WS is practically the last of its kind. :(

Edit: This year's World Fair Expo is in Shanghai. Nobody even talks about it.

aladdin2007

The large sponsorship fee is part of the problem, but there's another complication from the EPCOT Center era. Epcot's World Showcase is essentially a permanent World's Fair, and the Fair guidelines state that any participating country cannot be part of another permanent exhibition. That's why many of the pavilions were originally sponsored by companies, not governments, of each respective country.

That said, World's Fairs are essentially over. The last major one in America was in New Orleans in the early 80s, and it didn't do well. A smaller one followed it almost immediately in Canada and performed even worse. Small expos have been built since then, but they tend to be highly regional. Nobody travels around the world to visit them.

Epcot's WS is practically the last of its kind. :(

Edit: This year's World Fair Expo is in Shanghai. Nobody even talks about it.

hanging on by a thread in a way. Its being mall-ized, more dining, shopping, kiosk carts, characters etc. instead of attractions or experiences or things truly related to the culture of the pavilion.

rkelly42

Soon after all the coutries back out it will turn into Epcot's backyard showcase, where you can go to the different states around America, or maybe even cities!! Welcome to Detriot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom