would EPCOT ever add a new pavillion?

aladdin2007

Sponsors have dropped out of World Showcase over the years just like in Futureworld, leaving The Mouse to pick up the upkeep tab.

The world has changed. Business has changed. Corporate sponsorship is heading into the past more and more, which leaves a huge challange for a park who - more than most - based its whole business plan on getting 3rd parties to pay for things.

True. The Norwegian government sadly dropped its support for Norway several years ago, which is one of the reasons why Akershus was turned into character dining mayhem. The playground gone, no updated film etc etc. Disney can do as they wish. Actually Norway anymore is a complete crowd control mess, strollers everywhere, a massive line for akershus that has created bottleneck hordes in the front, you cant even get in and out of that pavilion anymore plus the store is a nightmare, you feel like a salmon spawning upstream. Its impossible to look or shop. They need to do something. Okay that got off topic I know but just saying.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That would be cool but Australia isn't a country. It's an island that has many countries on it. :animwink:

Australasia me thinks you mean.

australasia-map.jpg

jt04

Even if it wasn't a country, neither is "Equatorial Africa" and that was planned from the beginning.

Didn't the "Equatorial Africa" concept evolve into the Africa section we see at DAK, similar to the way the movie pavilion concept for Future World evolved into Disney-MGM studios?:veryconfu

heartodisney

Didn't the "Equatorial Africa" concept evolve into the Africa section we see at DAK, similar to the way the movie pavilion concept for Future World evolved into Disney-MGM studios?:veryconfu

Yowsers...this does sound good to me..I will very much research this! Thank you! :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Many of the comments were reused, yes.

Shame the cultural show was nixed. :(

Thrill Seeker

The oringinal design of Epcot (the park) was vastly different from the final version. For one thing, Future World and World Showcase were reversed, with World Showcase serving as the entrance to the park. Additionally, Epcot was at one time intended to be built across from the Magic Kingdom on the Seven Seas Lagoon. This also from "Celebrations" mag. I am sure this could have added more room and very much changed the "landscape" of all the resorts and parks!

World Showcase originally was suppose to be a separate park that would go where the TTC is now. That was changed when they wanted Magic Kingdom to be hidden from the general public...

Thrill Seeker

Of convicts :lookaroun :drevil:
Maybe originally, but now all the Australians I have met have been the absolute nicest people. There are a couple of Australian girls who I work with who are just awesome people.

Anyway...getting back on topic...

I'd honestly rather see Australia added to Animal Kingdom rather than Epcot. That could be a major new land complete with an Outback exploration area and maybe a Rescuers Down Under dark ride or some kind of attraction.

Greece would be my pick for a new pavilion. Can you say Hercules dark ride?

MythBuster

At Epcot Central, there are still things labeled Spain and UAE but they never got used. Spain was slated for the area which is the Outpost now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom