Worst Ride in all of Disney Ever? Your opinion

Mad Stitch

You people aren't trying hard enough. :p The worst attraction ever? I'd have to give that title to Dreamflight. It was nothing but wooden cut outs and film projections of flying heavily sponsored by Delta.

I like Stitch...
But my least favorite CURRENT attraction is probably the Speedway.

QFT. The Tomorrowland Speedway is a pretty boring, loud, stinky ride. Loading is slow, so the wait time is ridiculous.

With all the ingenuity at WDW, you would think that they might find some electric or magnetic propulsion, or at least try to add to the theming in some way. There is no ride at Disney (including all spinners) that makes me feels like I'm on a cheap carnival ride.

Beholder

I don't view the Tomorrowland Speedway a mistake, it was great when MK was new, but it has definitely become a relic. And not in a good way. It needs an update, or it needs to be taken down and replaced with something else.

A mistake in judgment? Nemo in EPCOT, Dinorama, Jack Sparrow in PotC, and the most epic of all, the HAT! Again, it's judgement. Mine against WDW. They make their decisions based on some sort of business model while I base mine on what "I" think things should or shouldn't be.

BCVTalsJam

Ok I'm am so offend that someone said Mexico was the worst lol I love that ride ad I love malestrom. I would say the Tiki Room either needs to go or be redone. Just I would never wait to see 100 birds and plant robots sing for 10 mind again. It is a classic but I think it needs to be redone.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I don't view the Tomorrowland Speedway a mistake, it was great when MK was new, but it has definitely become a relic. And not in a good way. It needs an update, or it needs to be taken down and replaced with something else.

A mistake in judgment? Nemo in EPCOT, Dinorama, Jack Sparrow in PotC, and the most epic of all, the HAT! Again, it's judgement. Mine against WDW. They make their decisions based on some sort of business model while I base mine on what "I" think things should or shouldn't be.
You bring up an interesting point: there are some attractions that were good at the time, and have since become embarrassing. Other attractions, though, were stinkers from the start.

Goofyernmost

You people aren't trying hard enough. :p The worst attraction ever? I'd have to give that title to Dreamflight. It was nothing but wooden cut outs and film projections of flying heavily sponsored by Delta.

Sounds more like Mr. Toad to me. I'm typing this in small letters because I need to stay in a crouched position so I don't get hit by flying rocks. :D

DisneyJunkie

Everything that's in the space where SGE is now has been one dud after another. But I have to say the Swiss Family Treehouse is a complete waste of space, and Sounds Dangerous is probably the worst idea ever. Just sit in the dark with a headset on and hear stupid sounds? Bah!

jharvey

what do you feel was the biggest, dumbest, worth getting fired over mistake ever put onto disney property. Is it Stitch? Is it Food Rocks? Is it Pocahontas's Forest Friends? What ride upset or still upsets you whenever you see it but you ride it anyway just because your an idiot like me that does every attraction almost every trip.

Mine of course is the CBJ....well i'll be nice and say just because. I really also hated Mr Toad but its because i never saw the movie or even knew what was going on...it was still there in 2005 and so was Pinocchio...both not my favorites as well.

Hall of Presidents because James Buchanan always leers at me.

jharvey

:confused: i have been to disney many times and i have never heard or seen these two shows. what park are they in i'm sure not in orlando.but back to the original question i would have to say stitch is by far the worst followed closely by sounds dangerous.
the Barbie one was on a previous thread that linked to a YouTube clip. Absolutely BRUTAL

Benjamin Linus

Attraction or ride? Attraction. Sounds dangerous. Ride. Mexico pavilion one, I forget the name. Both are sorry excuses for entertainment.
I quite like the ride in the Mexican pavilion although I do think its been ruined since it was re-themed, it used to be a relaxing ride.
For me the worst rides would have to be stitch (especially considering it replaced the amazing alien encounter), the enchanted tiki room or the Narnia walk through which is a sorry excuse for a 'ride'. I still want that half an hour of my life back.

Beholder

Sounds more like Mr. Toad to me. I'm typing this in small letters because I need to stay in a crouched position so I don't get hit by flying rocks. :D

I don't think you need to crouch. This thread is going to primarily exist in that nebulous region known as opinion. I liked Mr. Toad, but I wasn't crazy about Body Wars (now I should duck!). I imagine it's a balancing act to create an attraction that appeals to the masses, yet stays interesting/intriguing enough to warrant a repeat. But some things defy logic, and come off as a cheap/lazy effort. And "effort" is being generous.

The hat.

MKCP 1985

For me, it was shortly after the Animal Kingdom park opened and people were all going for the first time and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of rides - one of the first things we found a queue for was a boat ride. It turned out all it did was take you to another part of the park, sort of like the friendship boats do at Epcot. While you were trapped on the boat, the captain pointed out a dragon's lair, we listened to Radio Disney dj's and someone on the boat brought around a box with animals to pet or be creeped out by. I think that debacle ended up taking about 75 minutes of our time on our first impression of the park.

Not surprisingly, it was soon discontinued. I like boat rides, but that was not sufficiently described to let people know that they weren't about to embark on an Animal Kingdom jungle cruise! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom