Worst Ride in all of Disney Ever? Your opinion

Goofyernmost

Attraction or ride? Attraction. Sounds dangerous. Ride. Mexico pavilion one, I forget the name. Both are sorry excuses for entertainment.

Although it's now history, I never thought that Sounds Dangerous was even a bad attraction. Now I will admit that it is one of the most misunderstood attractions they ever had. It completely missed the mark of those that were born and raised on color TV and lived totally in a visual world.

What better way was there for anyone to grasp the concept of how important SOUND effects were to the entertainment industry, than to immerse them in the dark and have to visualize, with their imagination, what was happening keyed in only by the sounds they heard. A great concept lost on a visual culture.:(

Other than that...the worst ride...would be whatever one we individually do not like. Nothing cast is stone. A very personal concept. Personally, I do not like the Tea Cups, don't like the spin, can't ride it because it makes me feel "off" the rest of the day. I would be hard pressed to call it anything other then the worst for me.

Stitch's Great Escape. (and this is coming from someone who LOVES Stitch)
the new version of Journey into Imagination.
That Narnia attraction at the studios

Prince-1

MK - Hall of Presidents. Hated going to it as a kid and still get bored walking past it.
Epcot - universe of energy. So looooooong. So boring. Great place to catch some zzzzzzzzzzz's.
AK - Primeval Whirl. Not a fan of rides that hurt me. Disney should have a chiropractor set up shop near the exit. Would do great.
MGM - Backlot Tours. I don't actually hate it but knowing what it once was and seeing what it turned into makes be gag a little.

pumpkin7

I'm really sorry about this but the first one that popped into my head was the current version of Journey Into Your Imagination. I specifically remember getting off that ride and thinking 'what the heck was that? what a waste of time!'.
I'd also say Sounds Dangerous was another one. Sitting in the dark for 15 minutes? Yeah, great time for a quick nap!
BUT I would also like to add that I would take either of those attractions over being at work any day.

jonesenon4

Show? Magical World of Barbie. Closely followed by Daredevil Circus Spectacular.
:confused: i have been to disney many times and i have never heard or seen these two shows. what park are they in i'm sure not in orlando.but back to the original question i would have to say stitch is by far the worst followed closely by sounds dangerous.

puntagordabob

I am probably the minority in this but I would have to say for brand new rides built from scratch, Mission:Space. This feels like such a "mail it it" imaginering effort inception to execution. The centrifuges were probably ordered to fit. The rest of the building is mediocre at best. I bet Six Flags could have done better. As for refurbed rides... Imagination takes the cake. I haven't been back on that ride since 2005.

Mission Space from what I have heard is actually quite hi tech and on par with what Nasa uses though modified....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:confused: i have been to disney many times and i have never heard or seen these two shows. what park are they in i'm sure not in orlando.but back to the original question i would have to say stitch is by far the worst followed closely by sounds dangerous.
Think again. EPCOT Center 1988 and Epcot '94

threeyoda

Mission Space from what I have heard is actually quite hi tech and on par with what Nasa uses though modified....

It's the same system that NASA uses to give astronauts-in-training the feeling of being in space so they can grow accustomed to the feeling. Russia also uses it for their cosmonauts. So yeah, it's pretty high tech, and I'm not sure you can ride it anywhere else unless you become an astronaut.

inchy warrior

Stitch. Hands down. Followed by any (not Dumbo) spinner, and as far as attractions go, I've got to put in the Narnia walk through thing. Waited in line, was excited, then we saw it. Wow.

And Dinorama.
Oh yes!! I'd forgotten about Narnia, what a letdown that was.
Much like the Haunted Mansion ballroom set what occupied that area before Narnia

AndyS2992

Soarin most definitely, it is terrible.

No transitions between scenes, bad grainy picture quality, people feet dangling in the way, hardly any movement, not very immersive. Effects such as scents and wind need to be stronger. It can easily be improved though.

Journey into Imagination and Stitch were also bad and need to be reworked/replaced.

Didn't care for Captain EO either. The 3D effect didn't even work so I sat staring at a strange blurry video for twenty minutes.

Dinosaur was also too loud and rough for me and Mission Space green was a little boring as nothing seemed to happen. I rode it a few years ago and remember it being great but this time found it rather lackluster.

I think that is about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom