Worst Restaurants.

Ariel484

I didn't mind Boma much though I am not a fan of buffets and now that Sanaa opened I probably will not make reservations there again. My only issue with Boma is how packed it always seems to be which makes it a very loud dining experience.

We didn't think it was TERRIBLE, but we were expecting it to knock our socks off, and it didn't. You're completely right that Boma is always SUPER packed, and I agree that Sanaa is a better ADR to make at Animal Kingdom Lodge :slurp:

Silver Figment

I wouldn't say i've had "terrible" dining experiences. I have had some that were not as great as others. I'd list ABC Commissary and Pizza Planet among them.

bdearl41

Never had a bad full service meal butttttt........

I really don't care too much for any of the food in Tomorrowland. They really need to put something there that provides a better option since I often reach that part of the park at eating time.

GoochDSA

The 2 restaurants on our list are:

'Ohana- There, I said it. We tried it a couple of times, each time worse than the previous. On our last try, the steak and poultry were both so dry and so overcooked that even letting the pieces marinate in the sauces for a couple of minutes couldn't help. The emcee lady is so loud and obnoxious that we find her to be totally intrusive on the meal. If you are unfortunate enough to have a table next to where the kids have their games, you can be bombarded by kids, coconuts and parents. The waiter on our last visit was so slow with everything and kept stopping by to complain how he has too many tables (yet more often than not he was standing doing nothing). I mean he was bad to the point where when the chef came out to talk to my fiancee about her dessert choices (she has a peanut/treenut allergy), the chef actually cleared off the table for us after he brought our desserts out (again, the waiter was just standing there by the kitchen door). Even having a table next to a window with a view of Wishes couldn't make up for everything else.

Coral Reef- This one hurts a little bit. It used to be my favorite restaurant on property. It was a nice, quiet, tastey seafood restaurant. Now, I find it to be a step or 2 below a Red Lobster. The menu has been dumbed-down, the service has gotten awful and rude, and if you are unlucky enough to sit next to the aquarium you have to deal with kids screaming in your ear back to their parents/friends/siblings at their table, people puting their hands all over your table when you are trying to eat, and parents letting their kids run all over the restaurant (again, we dealt with this a couple of times since we try to give restaurants the benefit of the doubt). This is one restaurant I truely feel was ruined because of the dining plans.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Coral Reef- This one hurts a little bit. It used to be my favorite restaurant on property. It was a nice, quiet, tastey seafood restaurant. Now, I find it to be a step or 2 below a Red Lobster. The menu has been dumbed-down, the service has gotten awful and rude, and if you are unlucky enough to sit next to the aquarium you have to deal with kids screaming in your ear back to their parents/friends/siblings at their table, people puting their hands all over your table when you are trying to eat, and parents letting their kids run all over the restaurant (again, we dealt with this a couple of times since we try to give restaurants the benefit of the doubt). This is one restaurant I truely feel was ruined because of the dining plans.

Our Coral Reef experience was very similar. We also had people taking flash pictures of the tank while hanging over our dinners. The service, food, and atmosphere are so bad for the price you're paying. Although, I don't think I'd go even if it were free, there are just so many other better choices.

Tater48

I'm going to have to go with Boma on this one. Not going to say it was terrible, but after all the hype I had heard and read on it, it ended up being a big disappointment for us. I guess the flavors of Africa just aren't for us.

sweetpee_1993

I'd also like to add that I've had different meals at the same restaurant and found them to be vastly different. Like breakfast at CRT I don't think I'd ever do again in a bazillion years but dinner we liked (before character meets during the meal). Dinner at Boma? Not impressed. Breakfast we had amazing service and I could eat my weight in goat cheese scrambled eggs. I like breakfast better at Whispering Canyon than lunch or dinner. Same for Kona Cafe. And Sci-Fi I always have enjoyed at lunch but never dinner. It's strange.... :D

ann0d

My vote goes to ABC Commisary.

Another place don't know exactly where it was in AK (I am thinking near Africa) we stopped and got a burger, it was awful. This was years back and might not be there anymore. I am thinking it was a veggie burger and we didn't know it! LOL

ktmikelle

We were very dissapointed with Coral Reef. I ended up not even eating my meal! I also would not return to Hollywood and Vine or Liberty Tavern. My favorites are The Plaza and Whispering Canyon Cafe!

pop lover

Boma had to be one of the most disaapointing restaurants we ate at last year. We know people who had eaten there and loved it but had to be the worst buffett ever. The selection was next to nothing.
Cnderellas royal table was nothing spectacular when we got our food it was cool and it wasn't cooked enough for us.
1900 Parkfare the buffett wasn't that good but the interaction with the characters was great.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hmm,Strange!

Cali Grill. Boring food trying hard to be trendy. Service was good though.

Well bless my hide that everyone has a different view of all these restaurants in this blog.Some like this one,others hate it,and so,as for these quotes on CG.I've a CM friend who works at R and C at Epcot and was at CG two weeks ago and said it was excellent,from food presentation,to perfect sushi,and main courses were awesome,and the sweet to die for.His only gripe was it was expensive but he was trying to impress his new girlfriend.Yeh,food is only as good as you like it.:wave:

Disney Shib

Worst -> Tony's in MK by far. Would have saved ourselves $75 bucks had we just purchased a can of Ragu at Publix.

I've been to Disney a million times and had never tried the San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot. Our last trip in October we decided to make reservations and we were really pleased with the food. The service was ok and the margarita's were FABULOUS. Don't recommend it for kids though.

We brought my niece back at the beginning of 2011. She loved the Dinosaur restaurant at DTD. It was a close comparison to the Rainforest Cafe but the salads were really delicious and she loved her brontosaurus burger LOL.

Quick dining... I'll always love the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace (when it's open) despite the changes in the menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom