Worst Restaurants.

In all honesty, I think Disney Dining in general has gone slightly downhill. Don't get me wrong, I have my favourite quick-serve and sit-down dining restaurants, however, we always rent a car when we're in Orlando because we love to shop - so sometimes we go off property to eat - and a lot of times it's better depending on where you go!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
In all honesty, I think Disney Dining in general has gone slightly downhill. Don't get me wrong, I have my favourite quick-serve and sit-down dining restaurants, however, we always rent a car when we're in Orlando because we love to shop - so sometimes we go off property to eat - and a lot of times it's better depending on where you go!

Spill! We always get a rental car, too, and while we still love Disney Dining, it's getting way too expensive for those of us who don't do the Dining Plan. Would love to hear your suggestions for off site restaurants.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hmm,Disagree.

Yes,eating on I/drive is cheaper and good choice,but where else in one world can you eat Chinese,Italian,mexican,French,and lots more,and I do believe th quality of food is as good as it was,even better than my first visit.:wave:

DisneySaint

Go ahead and shoot me, but the California Grill is the worst place I have ever eaten. If you're that curious you'd have to go through my post history and look for ~2004ish.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Go ahead and shoot me, but the California Grille is the worst place I have ever eaten.

BANG! (Officially shot).

What happened to make that the worst place you have ever eaten? Typically it is one of the best on property, delivering high quality food and service. Certainly not in a worst category.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
2004? That's eight years ago.

Go ahead and shoot me, but the California Grill is the worst place I have ever eaten. If you're that curious you'd have to go through my post history and look for ~2004ish.

Come on dude,we have a local restaurant that has changed management four times in ten years,bringing in their own chefs,it's went from a zero to hero and now has a two week reservation rule as it's top cuisine.The most important man/women in a restaurant is the head chef and his team so I expect great things when I eat in CG in July,and I will give my honest opinion,to all of you and the team in the kitchen at this restaurant.:wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Come on dude,we have a local restaurant that has changed management four times in ten years,bringing in their own chefs,it's went from a zero to hero and now has a two week reservation rule as it's top cuisine.The most important man/women in a restaurant is the head chef and his team so I expect great things when I eat in CG in July,and I will give my honest opinion,to all of you and the team in the kitchen at this restaurant.:wave:

Cal Grill has never been a zero, it has been probably DIsney's most consistent signature restaurant. Of course you will get occasional problems and people who have a bad experience for one thing or another, but on average, California Grill delivers.

I personally don't like Prime Time. I can't remember what I ordered but I remember being sick for the rest of the night. I do remember the Desert being very good though. Plus, I didn't enjoy the who atmosphere of the place. Just my opinion:lookaroun

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
San Angel Inn!!

Great Atmosphere
Great Margaritas

Absolutely terrible food!!:hurl::hammer:
I can get the atmosphere and margarita in the Cava so without question San Angel Inn is the Worst of the Worst!! :hurl:

NiarrNDisney

Spill! We always get a rental car, too, and while we still love Disney Dining, it's getting way too expensive for those of us who don't do the Dining Plan. Would love to hear your suggestions for off site restaurants.

We sometimes head over to Crossroads or we go downtown to get a bite to eat. Also by our condo there are a few great restaurants but it is a bit of a drive so I won't list them.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Oops,wrong message.

Cal Grill has never been a zero, it has been probably DIsney's most consistent signature restaurant. Of course you will get occasional problems and people who have a bad experience for one thing or another, but on average, California Grill delivers.

Hope you didn't think I was referring to CG when I mentioned zero,I was relating to a local restaurant.Having read countless of restaurant reviews in many WDW sites,the CG always comes out tops,and like I said I look forward to my gastronomic adventure when I dine there on 26th of July.:slurp:

mcstensrud

We rent a car as well and mostly eat breakfast on property like,Boma,Capts Grille,Kona or G F Cafe. Maybe a snack in the parks for lunch and off Property for dinner.Not a big Fan of any WDW dining other than The Plaza or Via Napoli.

Philhar-Fanatic

Our BIGGEST dissapointment to date was Citricos. The food was nothing special, neither was the dessert, and our waiter was absolutely terrible! We actually complained about him to management when we left and that's something we never so. It's sad that in 4 years of visiting Disney and having great experiences this had to be the buggest dud.

Others we just didn't enjoy and will not go back:
Garden Grill
Chef Mickey dinner
Toy Story Pizza Planet

leaningongrace

Planet Hollywood- there is nothing good that I can say about that place. From the dingy interior, terrible service and foul food the whole place is a nightmare.

Big River Grill- atrocious service and horrible food. The burger there is one of the worst I have ever had. We tried the place 3 times (stupidly) and each time it got worse. We'll never go back again.

Coral Reef- bad food- even the dessert was terrible, how do you mess up dessert?! The service was friendly but really slow and disorganized.

Oh, I am so sad you had a bad experience at Coral Reef. This has been one of my family's favorite restaurants since we first went like 20+ years ago. I took my kids in September and had one of our most delicious meals of our trip. The fish (both my husband and I ordered different kinds) were flavorful and perfectly cooked. The sides were unique and wonderful. And the dessert was so good that my husband took my son out (he was restless!) so I could savor every bite! Our server was attentive but not overly observant (being there with wiggly kids...she could have moved a hair faster!). But overall it was WONDERFUL! I would urge you to give it another try!

Colleen

JCtheparrothead

Planet Hollywood by far is one of the worst in the whole area. I had a pretty poor experience at Big River Grill with their food and never went back. I have never really been all that impressed with the Italian cuisine at WDW anywhere. Maybe I am spoiled after eating at La Luce in the Hilton behind Caribbean Beach...top notch service and food for half the price of Disney.

Monsterfan99

Crystal Palace by a large margin. Awful food, empty pans on over half the items and food everywhere. Charter "interactions" lasting a grand total of 49 seconds combined (and only taking photos with my wife) was icing on the cake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom