Worst Meal at Disney

docnabox

I have had it both bad and good at GG.

I never had rude servers, but at times the food has been sub-par. Other times it has been good.

It's not fine dining, but when done right, the flank steak is very good. In fact it is one of my youngest daughters favorite dishes - when it's done well. She even notices (and she is 9). Sometimes we go there and she is all excited to eat, then she takes a bite and says "it doesn't taste right this time does it dad?" I would not go so far as to call the food disgusting, just when it is off, it is bland and uneventful.

I make the steak at home (the recipe for the marinade is in the recipe thread) and it always comes out good, so I don't know what the problem is with the restaurant.

-dave

It really is sort of a shame at what has come of the Garden Grill although I guess the same could be said for so many others as well. Some restaurants have always been bad as so many have noted but there have been times when my meals at GG were the best of the trip....not always and not even regularly, but sometimes. As noted, their flank steak was memorable more than once. However, my last meal there was not good. It was not my worst meal ever at WDW but portions were small, getting seconds was near impossible, refills on drinks nonexistant and the food was either bland and flavorless or tasted "off." We are not huge into characters and generally chose GG because I travel with some extremely picky eaters and this gave them fare that was more "standard" but the character interaction was minimal as well...all of them just walked past our table and waved without even pausing.

PS - That picture of me was from several years ago when the food and overall experience were great.

powlessfamily4

Wolfgang Pucks - for service. Why would you serve all of the adults and then bring the kids their meal 10 minutes later. what a miserable 10 miniutes that was. The 3 year old was eating Salmon off my plate he was so hungry. All of the adults sat watching their food get cold while waiting for the kids to be fed. Awful!

epcotfan

Hollywood and Vine in 1999. Had a lunch reservation. Food was lukewarm. The server would not leave us alone while we ate. He stood there and talked and talked. It was a very uncomfortable situation. I don't mind chatting with cast members but this guy seriously would not leave the table. We'd eaten there many times before but the food was really gross at this lunch. I ended up getting sick later that evening.

HouCuseChickie

The worst meal we've ever eaten at Disney is Marrakesh. We've had meals that were let downs due to mediocre food (i.e. Coral Reef and Liberty Tree Tavern come to mind), but Marrakesh was total YUCK (and we are not picky eaters). The service was awful and the food was so bad :hurl: we had to eat snacks shortly after to make up for the garbage we were served.

gwhb75

It's a toss up for us. In terms of food, I'd go with Sci-Fi. The ribs were very dry. I like the theming of the restaurant, but found the food to be blah (maybe a burger or sandwich would be better there).

In terms of service, Rose & Crown is probably the worst. The big complaint there was the speed of service. The wait staff were very nice, but also very slow.

In reading some of the other comments here, I'm glad I haven't eaten at the San Angel Inn. We had reservations there in October but changed them before we got there (for other reasons not tied to negative reviews). I guess you could say I had reservations about our reservations.

Mouse Man

This past september 2010 the DWF and I had are most horrible meal at the Corral Reef. My wifes food came out cold and the waiter gave us a hard time haing it heated up claiming it would dry out the meal. My meal was so so (almost decent). The portions were small and we were seated in the middle of the isle. Felt like we were constantly in the way. This was our second time bad experience at the Corral Reef and it will be our last.

epcotWSC

Didn't like Tutto Italia nor did I like Bistro de Paris.

Otherwise, every meal I've had at Disney was average to great.

BTW, Turkey legs are amazing. Boo to the haters.

iitmfl2

Hands down - ABC Commissary - hands covering mouth thru exit. Almost made it. DW & I were rookies and didn't know any better...but the manager came over and said don't worry about it. He'd clean up the mess....:cry:

ABigBrassBand

Didn't like Tutto Italia nor did I like Bistro de Paris.

Otherwise, every meal I've had at Disney was average to great.

BTW, Turkey legs are amazing. Boo to the haters.
Maybe I got a bad one, then. I'm going to try one next time I go down there (this time without everyone else there--they'd be disgusted just looking at me eat it :lol:), but last time all I remember were 2 things: fat, and remorse.

Mikester71

FINALLY got around to trying a turkey leg last trip! Didn't eat the whole thing though as I found it very rubbery and didn't care for the taste of it at all, so I let my son finish it off for me. Don't think I will be trying any more in the near future either. :hurl:

ann0d

I have to agree with Pizza Planet , we went in 2008 and DH hated it, I tolerated it because of my son. Also that year, we got a burger(?) in AK - I think it was near the safari in Africa. I remember Baloo and King Louie were nearby, but the burger was awful, maybe it was soy, but we were starving at that point and ate it anyway. Anyone know where that was. I think near Yak and Yeti- it might have been near there.

2009 ABC Commissary - really bad!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I have to agree with Pizza Planet , we went in 2008 and DH hated it, I tolerated it because of my son. Also that year, we got a burger(?) in AK - I think it was near the safari in Africa. I remember Baloo and King Louie were nearby, but the burger was awful, maybe it was soy, but we were starving at that point and ate it anyway. Anyone know where that was. I think near Yak and Yeti- it might have been near there.

2009 ABC Commissary - really bad!

Tamu Tamu Refreshments is in Africa and King Louie and Baloo meet nearby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom