Worst Meal at Disney

Big River Grille and Brewing Company. I hate them so much, I get angry just typing the name.

Was assured over the phone twice that yes, they take groups as big as 15 and yes they had our reservation, and then assured the third time that morning that yes, they had us down and would make sure we would have a table within 15 minutes of our priority seating time.

Waited 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. Would've left but every 20 minutes someone would come out and tell us it would be just another 5 minutes to clear a table. There was nowhere else we could go with that many people. They made us feel like the biggest inconvenience and yes, I have been a waitress - I understand what it's like to try and seat 15 people. But at the most we expected to wait 30 minutes. Not 75. And the food wasn't anything better than Applebee's. Very disappointing night overall. :(

Otherwise, we haven't really had a terrible meal in Disney. Although Dad couldn't eat his ribs from France this August when we went - his reasoning: They were inedible. So I suppose that counts...

JillC LI

Norway's Akershaus was horrible. Me and my bro felt like that was a complete waste of 30 bucks each it cost for the buffet.

Gotta agree here. The princess experience was fabulous, and the service was fine, but we all agreed that the food was awful! Glad we did it because of the princesses for our kids, but will never return.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
1. Turkey Leg :eek:
2. San Angel Inn:cry:
3. Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast is good there, but stay away from dinner!):hurl:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :slurp::slurp::slurp:

picture.php

:slurp::slurp:

Mukta

I had to think about this a lot. Most of the meals I have eaten at the World were decent if not great. There was only one meal I truly couldn't stand the taste of and one restaurants I will not return to and that is Tony's in the MK.
I ate there in 2005 and have never returned. If the atmosphere had been something special, I might have given it another try. My food tasted terrible and the atmosphere and service were average. No big reason for me to ever return.
While the CS food at DHS is bad, I have managed to choke down something each time. Tony's is the only time I left a restaurant still hungry.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I had to think about this a lot. Most of the meals I have eaten at the World were decent if not great. There was only one meal I truly couldn't stand the taste of and one restaurants I will not return to and that is Tony's in the MK.
I ate there in 2005 and have never returned. If the atmosphere had been something special, I might have given it another try. My food tasted terrible and the atmosphere and service were average. No big reason for me to ever return.
While the CS food at DHS is bad, I have managed to choke down something each time. Tony's is the only time I left a restaurant still hungry.

What did you have??

NYwdwfan

Chef Mickey. Can't take the birds. They were divebombing leftovers when people got up to get more from the buffet. While we were finishing one "went" on our table. Landed on the lid for my kid's OJ. Never again.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The Rainforest Cafe. I love the surroundings and all, but last time when I was there we had to lie about my age and get me something off the kids menu because it was so expensive. At Animal Kingdom, I would mind them turning it into some king of rainforest dark ride :p:lookaroun

kverdon

Table Service:

Worst 3:

#1: Sci Fi - The WORST table service meal i've had at WDW. The tomato soup was watery off-tasting and the lettuce "crouton" was like a hockey puck. The hamburger did not measure up to Pecos Bill's. Never going back.

#2: Tony's We at there once and the place was dirty and the food extremely bland.

#3: Le Cellier - Sorry but true. Though we have had good meals there, when we went with our friends in 2007 it was a bit of a bust. We had raved to them about the cheese soup but they served it to us stone cold and it had the consistancy of pudding. They did get us fresh soup but it really soured the experience.

Counter Service:

Staring Rolls Breakfast: All 6 of use last year voted the breakfast sandiches we got there the worst thing we have every eaten at a Disney park. Frankly, since the took the Chicken and Rice off the Menu at Studio Catering, there isn't a place outside of 50's in DHS we want to eat at.

Kevin and Mona

mrerk

Premium Member
Just fyi, La Hacienda doesn't take the dining plan. I imagine the food will be of much higher quality (and is it even the same owners?).

All the restaurants in Mexico (and Coronado Springs, BTW) are operated by the Palmas Group. It is actually the same family that runs the original San Angel Inn in Mexico City.

mrerk

Premium Member
Maybe I've just been lucky, but in all my years (30+) of going to Disney I've only had 2 mediocre meals. I wouldn't say they were even bad enough to call them bad.

One was the infamous mole pablano at San Angel Inn. I blame that one on myself for not realizing what I was ordering. It sounds wonderful on the menu, but the presentation was quite different.

The other was at Tony's. The sauce was just not good. I've had ketchup that was thicker. I'm used to sauce you can eat with a fork.

I've been back to both and had fine meals, ordering different items of course.

wdwwdeagle

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :slurp::slurp::slurp:

picture.php

:slurp::slurp:

I've never had a turkey leg, and they didn't used to bother me, but now... every time I see one all I can think of is the "Bodies" exhibit at various museums. ew, ew, ewwww.

My worst meal occurred on our last trip: Blizzard Beach counter service. The hamburger reminded me of the processed soy burgers they used to serve in my elementary school cafeteria in the 70s. I truly could barely eat it, but I was starving, so I did. And I am a person who has enjoyed, or at least not hated, virtually everything I've eaten at WDW. In fact, I would eat a fleshy turkey leg before I would eat that Blizzard Beach stuff again... and that's sayin' somethin'!

Tistal

Yak and Yeti on our honeymoon last year. :hurl: We were on the deluxe plan, and we left the place hungry because we didn't eat most of the food. Neither of us ate even a third of our meal. We went and used snack credits to purchase fruit and drinks after leaving the place.

_Scar

Boma breakfast- nothing 'WOW' worthy for over 120 dollars for 3 people.

It was a ripoff.

Also T-Rex. Steep prices, mediocre food.

MagicMegan

Original Poster
I had T-Rex once and it was horrible.
I couldn't eat it at all. My mom switched food with me, and she somehow choked it down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom