Worst Meal at Disney

flavious27

Everyone that has seen that movie will think twice before giving waitstaff a hard time!

Or eating out in general.

waiting1.jpg

EvilQueen-T

the mexican pavilion whole family didn't like meal and we eat a lot of authentic mexican food. and the worst soup i've ever put to my lips was the cheese soup at the grand floridian cafe...it was like salty liquid cheez whiz :hurl:.

flavious27

the mexican pavilion whole family didn't like meal and we eat a lot of authentic mexican food. and the worst soup i've ever put to my lips was the cheese soup at the grand floridian cafe...it was like salty liquid cheez whiz :hurl:.

The worse soup I ever had was at chilli's, a chicken tortilla soup that was saltier than the dead sea.

mcstensrud

I know that I am going against thee grain of most members here, but this describes my attitude toward most of the restaurants at Disney parks. I am not a big fan of Disney dining.

I agree with you rsoxguy.
I can honestly say that We do not have any place that we must eat at while we are there with the exception of a few for breakfast.And we go for about 20 days a year.
Rent a car and eat off property,thats what we do.

me_stitch

Premium Member
I haven't had a bad experience yet. We mostly ate at QS restaurants on our last trip but the few TS meals we had were great. Next trip we will have free dining so I have a couple of restaurants at each park picked out that I want to try. I can't wait. Plus the F&W Festival will be going on.

Dad 2 M & M

Tutto, Italian Pavilion, EPCOT. I have seen children in their first home making class prepare better Italian food. I firmly believe Tuto "chefs" think "al dente" refers to a trip to an orthadontist.
Tutto in Epcot was hands down the worst I have ever experienced. I must also add my trip Thanksgiving of 2010 we were very surprised that Mama Melrose in HS had slipped badly. Our last three trips ('05,'06 and '08) to WDW Mama M was one of the best. The menu had changed and we were not fond of the selections, especially appetizers.

mickey2008.1

Tutto in Epcot was hands down the worst I have ever experienced. I must also add my trip Thanksgiving of 2010 we were very surprised that Mama Melrose in HS had slipped badly. Our last three trips ('05,'06 and '08) to WDW Mama M was one of the best. The menu had changed and we were not fond of the selections, especially appetizers.
I agree about mama melrose. Our past trip december 10, 2010. The menu was completely different, and the food was bad. Used to be one of our favorites, not any more. You can read my review on my trip report with complete pictures.

ddbowdoin

I agree with you rsoxguy.
I can honestly say that We do not have any place that we must eat at while we are there with the exception of a few for breakfast.And we go for about 20 days a year.
Rent a car and eat off property,thats what we do.

I've been blasted for this opinion... the food sucks, I am sorry... but I'm also not from the middle of Alabama or Kansas so I am used to very good food.

twinnstar

Worst meal in WDW is definetly Pizza Planet, for me! It was probably in like the early/mid 2000s... I had pizza there and it was disgusting. It reminded me of pizza you get in the cafeteria at highschool! Now everytime I see the place I get a bad feeling in my tummy. Boo. Also, not in WDW, but last year I ate at Blue Bayou in DL with my family, and all 3 of us did not finish our dinner - everything was SO spicy. But we like spicy! This was SO spicy you couldnt even eat it. I'm too polite to complain, so we just kinda ate what we could and left, and I had heard such rave reviews from friends, what a let down.

twinnstar

I've been blasted for this opinion... the food sucks, I am sorry... but I'm also not from the middle of Alabama or Kansas so I am used to very good food.

Haha...for "amusement park fare" i think its at the top of its game, and there are a few places I think are pretty good, but i'd have to agree with you - nothing that strikes me as amazing. I do like most of the breakfasts though, but im not really a breakfast person, so im easily happy if im thrown a mickey waffle or something haha.

Im from New York, I don't dare try any of the following: Italian, Mexican or Japanese! Actually, thats a lie, last fall I ate at Tokyo Dining at the insistence of my fiance..."eh". They have better sushi at the Chinese restaurant on the corner of my block in Brooklyn lol

Mammymouse

One of the "good" curses of New England - Mass & RI, and New York City - is great food. It amazes me why other parts of the US have access to the same food sources (maybe with the exception of some fish or shellfish) and just miss the mark in the preparation somehow. I would guess the chefs all can get trained at the same culinary schools, like Johnson & Wales, etc. too. Just baffles me.:veryconfu

ddbowdoin

Haha...for "amusement park fare" i think its at the top of its game, and there are a few places I think are pretty good, but i'd have to agree with you - nothing that strikes me as amazing. I do like most of the breakfasts though, but im not really a breakfast person, so im easily happy if im thrown a mickey waffle or something haha.

Im from New York, I don't dare try any of the following: Italian, Mexican or Japanese! Actually, thats a lie, last fall I ate at Tokyo Dining at the insistence of my fiance..."eh". They have better sushi at the Chinese restaurant on the corner of my block in Brooklyn lol

see for QS I take it for what its worth... cheap, fried food and simple sandwiches. My astonishment comes from the table service, wow... overpriced food is understandable, but to see people saying "man that is the best ____ I have ever had" is beyond comprehension.

One of the "good" curses of New England - Mass & RI, and New York City - is great food. It amazes me why other parts of the US have access to the same food sources (maybe with the exception of some fish or shellfish) and just miss the mark in the preparation somehow. I would guess the chefs all can get trained at the same culinary schools, like Johnson & Wales, etc. too. Just baffles me.:veryconfu

I am spoiled... on average, I probably eat at a chain sit down restaurant twice a year... and I eat out a lot.

LeafsFanNL

The only poor meal I have had at a TS was prime rib at Boatwrights. Bland and tough. I'll eat at the CS anyday before going back to Boatwrights.

brisem

Plaza Resturant--Felt like you were sitting in a shoe box. Food was average at best.

I disagree with Garden Grill, thought the food was good

mickey2008.1

while i agree that the food at wdw is not as good as the city i live, cleveland, some places work, mainly signatures, but TS are just fair, but offer a great variety and chance to try something new with no cost, free ddp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom