Worst Attraction at WDW

zweltar

My wife and I agree that Country Bear Jamboree was terrible when we watched the show. We will most likely not watch it again barring our children wanting to see it or a special edition of it.

Other attractions that make our worst-of list:
- Stitch
- EO

Kuzcotopia

Swiss Family Treehouse.

Yeah, let's climb up and down a few stories worth of steps to see some camping gear.

If the attraction were called Swiss Family Vertical Plunge . . . with some back-breaking Gs through a roaring waterfall while the treehouse rooms are attacked by natives, wildfires, and hurricane winds . . . Then I might actually try it.

Yert3

Ridiculously politically incorrect (If I were from the south I'd be insulted by this show)
I've lived in the south most of my life, and trust me, there are a LOT of people like the bears in the show... It's quite sad tbh.

mergatroid

Well it's all subjective really isn't it. My wife would have a heart attack on RnR if she rode, so she'd say that. However if you compared that to say Dumbo, there's no comparison on numerous levels. We are the strange breed who actually can't see why Stitch is so hated and I remember it back when it was Mission to Mars. I don't bother if I miss it one year, but if it's walk on I go and think it's ok.

I suppose in answer to the original question that I'd have to say the Magic Carpets, in as much as I've never ridden it nor have any intention of ever doing so. It's partly an age thing and partly because it looks like it was just dumped there. However the kids on it look like they're enjoying themselves so who am I to judge.

cw1982

I do agree with @mergatroid that the answers here will vary from person to person, but I happen to find this very interesting, since I haven't been in over a decade. This may all be great information to consider if we find ourselves having to choose between different attractions.

mergatroid

I do agree with @mergatroid that the answers here will vary from person to person, but I happen to find this very interesting, since I haven't been in over a decade. This may all be great information to consider if we find ourselves having to choose between different attractions.

A very good point and you'll get a lot of good information from answers on here. My advice would also be to try everything you can at Disney within reason, there's so many little things that can appeal to diffeent people on so many different levels. Certainly though this thread should provide the 'don't worry if you miss them' attractions for you.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
(1) Tomorrow Land Speedway - agree with all comments. What a lame ride.
(2) It's a Small World. I don't even want to go near that ride, so afraid that song will be stuck in my head forever.

Matt_Black

I think the problem with the Speedway is that there are so many imitations at theme parks around the world, and there really isn't anything to differentiate it from the rest. At least the Tea Cups have the Dormouse and the crazy music and Wonderland color scheme, plus some lucky young guest might get to ride with Alice, the White Rabbit, or the Hatter.

Regarding SGE, in theory I SHOULD like it, but in theory communism works, so... It's sad when the most entertaining thing I like about it is the pre-show.

Swiss Family Treehouse is AWFUL. The only reason I went through it my last trip was because it was raining and since there was no line, I thought it might be a good spot to get out of the rain. Didn't work.

disney4life2008

I enjoy nearly every attraction at WDW. However, the Animal Kingdom has some of the worst. The train ride to conservation station (is that even still open and operating) was both a complete waste of time. Flights of Wonder is nice "once" but there is nothing fun about looking at birds fly over my head - the same thing happens at WS.

Matt_Black

I enjoy nearly every attraction at WDW. However, the Animal Kingdom has some of the worst. The train ride to conservation station (is that even still open and operating) was both a complete waste of time. Flights of Wonder is nice "once" but there is nothing fun about looking at birds fly over my head - the same thing happens at WS.

Flights of Wonder gets a pass from me for a hilarious joke.

"Where in nature can you possibly see a bird on a unicycle?"
"The 1970s! That was the same night I saw the Rolling Stones. ... Those are the only two things I remember from that night."

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm surprised you all are as wrong as you are. CLEARLY the worst attraction in all of Florida is The Adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow at DHS.
Hands down.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I don't know. I think the interplay between Depp and the talking skull is hilarious. I think I'd have a fonder opinion of that if there were chairs or lean rails or something.

copcarguyp71

There are some rides that are so-so but have one redeeming quality or another to me but as I sat here thinking this through each time I saw this thread over the past couple of days one ride kept popping into my head. Aladdin's Magic Carpets. For me it has no real redeeming qualities. I remember the plaza before that ride and it was much nicer without it IMO. Spinners just don't do anything for me and this one in particular does not even give you any cool scenery the way Dumbo (at it's original location) or Astro Orbiter do. It really is the one ride that comes to mind for me that when my family chimes in "lets' ride" my heart sinks and a general feeling of malaise sets in knowing I have to take one for the team.

copcarguyp71

I don't know. I think the interplay between Depp and the talking skull is hilarious. I think I'd have a fonder opinion of that if there were chairs or lean rails or something.

I agree lean rails with maybe some elevated stand-ons for the kids would plus this attraction nicely.

mcurtiss

not a fan of spinners, but the Speedway has to be at the top of my list only because it takes up so much space for so little payoff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom