Worst Attraction at WDW

Bairstow

After thinking about it, I'm going to have to go with the Tomorrowland Speedway.
This one misses on all the marks. It's a lame, frustrating ride, has a boring, uncomfortable queue, and has a poor theme that clashes badly with all adjacent areas.
From an operational/logistics standpoint, it takes up a huge footprint that could better be utilized by just about anything.
Moreover, it's an attraction that not only offers a disappointing experience, it's so noisy that it actively detracts from the experience of everyone not riding the ride and just walking by.

Tomorrowland-Speedway-072312-L.jpg

Mr Anderson

LOL, oh yeah. Just going to smoggy, traffic ridden California is definately going to be the same as "soarin" OVER california. WOW! I HAVE been to California. A cold, aggrivating state, nothing but congestion. The soarin film gives a lift over all the usual junk that IS california. That being said, I agree, the film needs some fixing up.

I meant to add that they'll be using footage from all over the globe, and the ending will be specific to each park. And I was saying the film is falling apart... didn't mean to insult California in any way. The footage is beautiful, the physical film... horrendous quality at this point. So many holes and spots.

loveofamouse

After thinking about it, I'm going to have to go with the Tomorrowland Speedway.
This one misses on all the marks. It's a lame, frustrating ride, has a boring, uncomfortable queue, and has a poor theme that clashes badly with all adjacent areas.
From an operational/logistics standpoint, it takes up a huge footprint that could better be utilized by just about anything.
Moreover, it's an attraction that not only offers a disappointing experience, it's so noisy that it actively detracts from the experience of everyone not riding the ride and just walking by.

Tomorrowland-Speedway-072312-L.jpg

and you aren't even truly driving! lol.

Stitch is pretty bad. I feel like the problem with Alien Encounter was it needed to be themed to the Ridley Scott "Alien" and put into MGM/Hollywood Studios. Had it gone there I hink we'd still be enjoying it today. Following behind Stitch, I'd say Speedway, Universe of Energy (only due to it's dated feel), New Test Track, and Honey I Shrunk the Audience (only hope this won't be coming back once Captain Eo is one again)

Mr Anderson

The banter between the skull and Jack Sparrow is what saves it from being totally awful. It's still not very good for a variety of reasons (would it have killed them to include lean rails?!?).
I agree. Although, I'm sure everyone's first words after it's over are something along the lines of "...seriously? I stood around for THAT?"

Still better than IASW in my opinion. :cool:

cw1982

I agree. Although, I'm sure everyone's first words after it's over are something along the lines of "...seriously? I stood around for THAT?"

Still better than IASW in my opinion. :cool:

Actually, as of the first week of June (maybe earlier), there was no waiting in line. They had a system set up where you walk up to the queue and are given a card with a time to return on it. We walked up at around 4 pm, and our return time was for 8:10 for an 8:15 showing.

PhilharMagician

Have you seen the pirates of the carribean, Jack Sparrow ride at The studios??? THAT wins worst ride EVER!!!!

Pirates of the Caribbean ride in the Studios? There is a crappy walkthrough attraction in the studios that has gone through quite a few different themes which is currently "The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow". The only Pirates of the Caribbean ride is in the MK and that should not be in the classification of worst ride.

Mr Anderson

Actually, as of the first week of June (maybe earlier), there was no waiting in line. They had a system set up where you walk up to the queue and are given a card with a time to return on it. We walked up at around 4 pm, and our return time was for 8:10 for an 8:15 showing.
Nah, we waited maybe 5 minutes. But still... meh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom