Worst Attraction at WDW

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
Sounds Dangerous at DHS was considered by some to be the worst attraction at WDW. The announced closing of Sounds Dangerous has got me thinking, what's the worst remaining WDW attraction?

My vote is for the Tomorrowland Speedway at MK. My reasons: pollution, noise, slow loading, 52 inch height requirement to drive.

The attraction's theming has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. What does a bunch of smelly, slow moving go-carts have to do with the future?

There are 3 or 4 go-cart places near my house that do a better job, which should be embarrassing for WDW.

There's got to be something better that Disney could put in it's place.

Kirk88

My vote is for the Tomorrowland Speedway at MK. My reasons: pollution, noise, slow loading, 52 inch height requirement to drive.

The attraction's theming has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. What does a bunch of smelly, slow moving go-carts have to do with the future?

There are 3 or 4 go-cart places near my house that do a better job, which should be embarrassing for WDW.

I agree. Not a big fan of the Speedway. My 7 & 3 year olds were unimpressed as well.

figment1988

Sounds Dangerous at DHS was considered by some to be the worst attraction at WDW. The announced closing of Sounds Dangerous has got me thinking, what's the worst remaining WDW attraction?

agree with the speedway as well. Not only because of the pollution elements, but the fact that a guest who is really in a bad mood will be tempted to break the "no striking the car ahead rule" and use the speedway as a road rage simulator by ramming the car ahead.

Lucky

a guest who is really in a bad mood will be tempted to break the "no striking the car ahead rule" and use the speedway as a road rage simulator by ramming the car ahead.

Guests in good moods do that too.

I agree the speedway doesn't seem very Disney-like, but that could be fixed. My kids like driving the cars, so I wouldn't call it the worst attraction.

Stitch is my least favorite, closely followed by Captain EO and its interminable "pre-show."

ght

SGE because it could be so much better than it is but it is just an unpleasant experience. Speedway would be second, though my son loves it. It isn't that it is so bad, it is that they could do so much more with the amount of space it takes up.

SMS55

Agree on Tomorrowland Speedway. If there is a line I won't bother, just not worth it to me. Sometimes I just skip it all together. I didn't even ride it on my last trip and there was a minimal wait at 2:00am. I guess It's A Small World is a classic but I am not interested in a bunch of dolls signing the same song. Heck they've put my kids to sleep at the end of the night. I would like to experience it high though. :D

c-one

It's Tough to be a Bug. Followed closely by Stitch's Great Escape and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Sorry for so many choices, I'm feeling negative today.

Tomorrowland Speedway could be fun and cool if it used "tomorrow" technology instead of 70's technology. It's kind of an embarrassment right now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Havent i made about a dozen of these posts already? :lol:

Anyways.. in order,

1. Sounds Dangerous
2. Stitch's Great Escape
3. Imagination
4. 1/2 of Innoventions
5. Indy Speedway

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

ddbowdoin

Havent i made about a dozen of these posts already? :lol:

Anyways.. in order,

1. Sounds Dangerous
2. Stitch's Great Escape
3. Imagination
4. 1/2 of Innoventions
5. Indy Speedway - kind of just a historical relic, a nice throwback but I'll wait no more than 15 minutes

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

I dont think I can name a personal top 5

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
Yeah, I understand why people don't like Stitches Great Escape. The hot dog smell is downright disgusting! However, I still think it's better than the Speedway. At least SGE has a Disney character tie-in and doesn't have competition that's 10 times better. I've lived in a few states and every place I've been has a better go-cart track than the Speedway. It's really sad that a lot "mom and pop" places can do a better job than Disney.

Thinking about it, they should update the technology and tie it in to Cars. This would be much better than what they have today.

twinnstar

I agree with everything everyone has said so far, but personally I'd pick Innoventions. Mostly because i remember how amazing it used to be. And now I cant even go in there, i just get angry and want to cry. I really had hopes that it would be revamped when Lasseter came in, but alas ive learned his pull isnt so big in the parks...

now i wanna cry again lol :cry:

c-one

Yeah, I understand why people don't like Stitches Great Escape. The hot dog smell is downright disgusting! However, I still think it's better than the Speedway. At least SGE has a Disney character tie-in and doesn't have competition that's 10 times better. I've lived in a few states and every place I've been has a better go-cart track than the Speedway. It's really sad that a lot "mom and pop" places can do a better job than Disney.

Thinking about it, they should update the technology and tie it in to Cars. This would be much better than what they have today.
Nah, the last thing Tomorrowland is more Pixar. It just needs to be a showcase of future-of-transportation technology -- you know, cars that don't spew brown smog all day long. I don't think an all-electric car on an amusement ride is too much to ask.

acishere

agree with the speedway as well. Not only because of the pollution elements, but the fact that a guest who is really in a bad mood will be tempted to break the "no striking the car ahead rule" and use the speedway as a road rage simulator by ramming the car ahead.

The whole thing is designed as a road rage simulator. You are trapped the whole time in one lane that you can't change out of while the car in front of you is driving ridiculously slow. Its basically egging you on to bump them.

The worst ride though is SGE because they basically took Alien Encounter (a good ride), removed all the foreboding aspects, and added fart jokes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom