World Series

imagineer boy

DonaldDuckette said:
YANKEES--
that's it- just the YANKS- can't bear to watch Boston win again,
sorry guys!

Well, the great thing about being a St. Louis fan is that you'll never get to see your arch rivals ( the cubs ) ever win a world series. Because they never will! :lol: :sohappy:

Wilt Dasney

brian19862002 said:
To bad the media hates us though, it's a huge slap in the face that the Cards haven't had a primetime game yet.
I would think the matchup has a lot to do with that, actually. When you're trying to decide which games to play while people are at work and which ones to put on at night, obviously you want the most competitive matchups with the most star players in those prime spots. Drawing the ho-hum Pads in Round 1 can't have helped St. Louis there, I'd imagine.

nibblesandbits

imagineer boy said:
Well, the great thing about being a St. Louis fan is that you'll never get to see your arch rivals ( the cubs ) ever win a world series. Because they never will! :lol: :sohappy:

Very good point! B/c as we all know Cubs stands for Completely Useless By September... :lol:

Wilt Dasney said:
I would think the matchup has a lot to do with that, actually. When you're trying to decide which games to play while people are at work and which ones to put on at night, obviously you want the most competitive matchups with the most star players in those prime spots. Drawing the ho-hum Pads in Round 1 can't have helped St. Louis there, I'd imagine.

You're probably right about that. It's not that the media has a problem with the Cardinals (although that is a statement that can be debatable), it's just that St. Louis is getting the shaft b/c the Padre's really do suck and the media does want teams that will draw in the ratings. It really isn't fair, especially when we have a game that starts at 9:00 p.m. our time on Saturday, but there's nothing we can do about it, at least until the Cardinals win this section of the playoffs.

Dizparks

Actually that's 10:00pm Saturday. Another quick bit of interesting news Bud Selig apologized for having a playoff game that would start at 10pm. This was posted today in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the only problem was that his apology was from the 2002 playoffs and was just reprinted in the Dispatch today. Oh well, he's a horrible commissioner anyway. Hey look, the Red Sox are also about to be swept. hahaha

DDuckFan130

Wow...go White Sox! Yes people, they just beat the Red Sox :eek:

Congrats to them. If the Astros don't make it, I'll root for them :D

nibblesandbits

brian19862002 said:
Actually that's 10:00pm Saturday. Another quick bit of interesting news Bud Selig apologized for having a playoff game that would start at 10pm. This was posted today in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the only problem was that his apology was from the 2002 playoffs and was just reprinted in the Dispatch today. Oh well, he's a horrible commissioner anyway. Hey look, the Red Sox are also about to be swept. hahaha

Wow...it's at 10? Shows you what a fan I am! :p Well, good news for me I guess. I can watch it now, since I'm sure I will get out of work at around 9:30...

Iakona

DDuckFan130 said:
Wow...go White Sox! Yes people, they just beat the Red Sox :eek:

Congrats to them. If the Astros don't make it, I'll root for them :D

Good job White Sox. Good-Luck. I think a lot of us will be rooting for you this year.

imagineer boy

Wow, talk about irony with the Red Sox. They swept us i the world series last year, and they get swept in the play offs this year. Wow.

Iakona

imagineer boy said:
Wow, talk about irony with the Red Sox. They swept us i the world series last year, and they get swept in the play offs this year. Wow.

Quite honestly I'm not sure how we made the playoffs with the state of our pitching staff this year. I held out hope that some type of epiphany would hit the pitchers and the hitters would re-awaken. Alas, it was not to be. The better team won. Back to "wait til next year." Although it doesn't have the bitter taste it used too!

FanofDinsey1981

nibblesandbits said:
Very good point! B/c as we all know Cubs stands for Completely Useless By September... :lol:

By September? too bad the last letter in Cubs isnt J....for june.

I will say this about Boston fans, they really rallied behind Tony Graffanino after his error the other night. I think that most other teams (including many in Chicago, since we are known to boo our guys DURING the game) would have torn him apart, but BoSox fans were classy enough to cheer him on.

I will celebrate tonight, but tomorrow I start worrying about who we face next. 3 down, 8 more to go. Go White Sox! :sohappy:

matt88mph

I remain undecided. I have used all possible combinations using up-to-date information to determine my favorites in each series.

AL:
CWS vs. LAA- White Sox, with some sympathy toward the Angels.
CWS vs. NYY- White Sox. I show no mercy.

NL:
STL vs. ATL- Cardinals. I hate the Braves.
STL vs. HOU- Astros. In 43 years of existence, a World Series has never been played in the state of Texas.
SD vs. ATL- Padres. The only California team never to win a World Series.
SD vs. HOU- Undecided.

World Series:
CWS vs. STL- White Sox
CWS vs. SD- Undecided
CWS vs. ATL- White Sox
CWS vs. HOU- Undecided

LAA vs. STL- Angels
LAA vs. SD- Padres
LAA vs. ATL- Angels
LAA vs. HOU- Astros

NYY vs. STL- Cardinals
NYY vs. SD- Padres
NYY vs. ATL- I may just boycott the Series.
NYY vs. HOU- Astros

SpongeScott

matt88mph said:
I remain undecided. I have used all possible combinations using up-to-date information to determine my favorites in each series.

AL:
CWS vs. LAA- White Sox, with some sympathy toward the Angels.
CWS vs. NYY- White Sox. I show no mercy.

NL:
STL vs. ATL- Cardinals. I hate the Braves.
STL vs. HOU- Astros. In 43 years of existence, a World Series has never been played in the state of Texas.
SD vs. ATL- Padres. The only California team never to win a World Series.
SD vs. HOU- Undecided.

World Series:
CWS vs. STL- White Sox
CWS vs. SD- Undecided
CWS vs. ATL- White Sox
CWS vs. HOU- Undecided

LAA vs. STL- Angels
LAA vs. SD- Padres
LAA vs. ATL- Angels
LAA vs. HOU- Astros

NYY vs. STL- Cardinals
NYY vs. SD- Padres
NYY vs. ATL- I may just boycott the Series.
NYY vs. HOU- Astros
interesting post with all the possibilities. I'm a Yankee fan, but I'd be happy with whoever is left now that Boston is gone.

Mr Bill

I'm going to steal Matt's format here...

CWS vs. STL- Cardinals
CWS vs. SD- White Sox
CWS vs. ATL- Braves
CWS vs. HOU- Astros

LAA vs. STL- Angels
LAA vs. SD- Angels
LAA vs. ATL- Angels
LAA vs. HOU- Angels

NYY vs. STL- Cardinals
NYY vs. SD- Padres
NYY vs. ATL- Braves
NYY vs. HOU- Astros

Basically, I'll take anyone but the Yankees, and would like to see the Angels win it.

SpongeScott

Going strictly by the heart, and not the mind:

CWS vs. STL- Cardinals
CWS vs. SD- White Sox
CWS vs. ATL- White Sox
CWS vs. HOU- Astros

LAA vs. STL- Cardinals
LAA vs. SD- Angels
LAA vs. ATL- Angels
LAA vs. HOU- Astros

NYY vs. STL- Yankees
NYY vs. SD- Yankees
NYY vs. ATL- YANKEES
NYY vs. HOU- Yankees

I guess you know who I'm a fan of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom