World Series

FanofDinsey1981

2 said:
I just can't stand Ozzie Guillen and think it would be a crime to award him manager of the year because he really had nothing to do with his team getting to the playoffs.

I would have to completly disagree with you. Ozzie is a great manager, and he knows his team very well. he knows what works, and has tried to put his best team out there every game. He has taken SO MUCH HEAT over EVERYTHING this entire season, and his team went out there and played hard for him. Sure, you can put together a group of great ballplayers, and they can win a lot of games. but 99 in one season? the manager makes the decisions to make a good ballteam great.

And yes, I have been a southside fan my entire life. I watched Ozzie play growing up, and I love him as a manager. There is no one more deserving than Ozzie for the manager of the year award.

I call White Sox v. Cards in the WS. Sox in 7. My guys are hot right now, and our pitching is back on track. As long as Pods gets on base, Konerko his like he can, and Everet hit like he can, we are in very good shape.

25and7

Account Suspended
FanofDinsey1981 said:
I would have to completly disagree with you. Ozzie is a great manager, and he knows his team very well. he knows what works, and has tried to put his best team out there every game. He has taken SO MUCH HEAT over EVERYTHING this entire season, and his team went out there and played hard for him. Sure, you can put together a group of great ballplayers, and they can win a lot of games. but 99 in one season? the manager makes the decisions to make a good ballteam great.

And yes, I have been a southside fan my entire life. I watched Ozzie play growing up, and I love him as a manager. There is no one more deserving than Ozzie for the manager of the year award.

I call White Sox v. Cards in the WS. Sox in 7. My guys are hot right now, and our pitching is back on track. As long as Pods gets on base, Konerko his like he can, and Everet hit like he can, we are in very good shape.

And remind me again... when was the last time you guys actually MADE IT to a World Series?? Well, at least they're consistant.

Trust me, I'm gonna save you the heart break!! There is nooooo way your beloved ChiSoxs are going to make the Series!!

Here's why:
1) NO EXPERIENCE - 90% of the guys on that roster dont have the any playoff experience (including Ozzie Guillen who made the playoffs 1 year out of his whole pathetic career)
2) Lack of depth in the bullpen - sorry to tell you this but Dustin Hermanson is not going to cut it.
3) Pressure - the White Soxs showed they are not good at handling pressure by almost blowing a 15 game lead down the stretch! If they go down early in the series (which they will) dont look for them to recover.
4) My Favorite: The Chicago baseball jinx!! no Chicago team will ever overcome that jinx!

Finally.... GO RED SOX!!!

Come on Ozzie... CHOKE! CHOKE! CHOKE!

Wilt Dasney

FanofDinsey1981 said:

Good post, I would say. After all, no intelligent posters have yet countered it. :)

FanofDinsey1981

2 said:
And remind me again... when was the last time you guys actually MADE IT to a World Series?? Well, at least they're consistant.

Trust me, I'm gonna save you the heart break!! There is nooooo way your beloved ChiSoxs are going to make the Series!!

Here's why:
1) NO EXPERIENCE - 90% of the guys on that roster dont have the any playoff experience (including Ozzie Guillen who made the playoffs 1 year out of his whole pathetic career)
2) Lack of depth in the bullpen - sorry to tell you this but Dustin Hermanson is not going to cut it.
3) Pressure - the White Soxs showed they are not good at handling pressure by almost blowing a 15 game lead down the stretch! If they go down early in the series (which they will) dont look for them to recover.
4) My Favorite: The Chicago baseball jinx!! no Chicago team will ever overcome that jinx!

Finally.... GO RED SOX!!!

Come on Ozzie... CHOKE! CHOKE! CHOKE!

Here is my theory on teams not making the playoffs/winning world series....every team each year is different. It isn't like the guys on this team are the ones who have lost the last 88 years. And as for the Chicago Baseball jinx....didn't the red sox have some kind of jinx broken last year? I don't buy into the jinx theory.

The 15 game lead was not only part us playing .500 ball, but also Cleveland's great play down the stretch. Fortunatly, we got it done when we needed to. Baseball is a game of streaks, and we are on a great one right now. They handled Cleveland by sweeping them in the final series of the year, when they needed wins. And we did it twice with only half of our lineup in.

And Ozzie had a pathetic baseball career? He wasn't the greatest player in his time, but he got the job done. Ozzie had his fans, and we still love him.

imagineer boy

Carpenter just said that he's feeling fine, they just didn't want to risk his hand getting any worse. It was really hot today, and really humid, so I don't blame him.

Although, it was an excelent game today. 8 to nothing by the fifth inning! WOW! We're off to a great start.

FanofDinsey1981

brian19862002 said:
Carpenter just had a cramp in his hand, probably from dehydration due to the hot day and stress. He will be fine. :wave:
ah ok. I was listening to the game via mlb.com, but I didn't get to catch the end of the game, I switched over to the sox game. Carpenter has been a MONSTER this year!

macsmom

Chris Carpenter looks to be the leading pitcher for the Cy Young this year. That would be great. He has had an awesome year.

An 8-0 lead is great, but what happened? Five runs...bummer...but, Reggie Sanders really came through. Grand Slam! wooo hooo He did really well the last few games of the season, too. Too bad he gets tossed from team to team. I hope he stays with the Cards next season.

Uponastar

Since this city can't seem to win big at any sport, it's hard to care too much!:mad: If the Eagles take us all the way to the Super Bowl without a win again this year it will be almost to much to bear! Maybe the Flyers . . . I don't know.

Oh well, back to baseball. Since the Phillies didn't do it, I'll root for the Yankees!:sohappy:

GenerationX

2 said:
I just can't stand Ozzie Guillen and think it would be a crime to award him manager of the year because he really had nothing to do with his team getting to the playoffs.
The White Sox won 99 games (2nd best in MLB), despite a low Team Batting Average (18th), Runs (13th), and Fielding % (11th), though they had a good Team E.R.A. (4th). Even with the E.R.A., these don't look like the stats of a 99 game winner ... until you look at # of Wins in One-Run Games (1st) and % of Wins in One-Run Games (1st). Sounds like a Manager of the Year scenario to me.

1 down, 10 to go. Go White Sox! :sohappy:

FanofDinsey1981

GenerationX said:
1 down, 10 to go. Go White Sox! :sohappy:

WHEW! I was a bit nervous going into yesterdays game, but I think we took care of business. Uribe had a great game, AJ had 2 HRs, Pods with his FIRST HR of the SEASON .... the white sox came to play yesterday.

now, if only they can do that again today.

GO CHISOX!

SpongeScott

FanofDinsey1981 said:
WHEW! I was a bit nervous going into yesterdays game, but I think we took care of business. Uribe had a great game, AJ had 2 HRs, Pods with his FIRST HR of the SEASON .... the white sox came to play yesterday.

now, if only they can do that again today.

GO CHISOX!
Trust me, I'm not even close to being a Red Sox fan, but don't write them off yet. You've got a good understanding that the ChiSox have got to go out and play like that again today. Too bad a couple of those 14 runs cannot apply to today's game. The Red Sox are a dangerous team right now.

FanofDinsey1981

SpongeScott said:
The Red Sox are a dangerous team right now.

Oh yes they are. I cheered them on last year, and I know that being down a game or two (or three) means nothing to that ball club. I watched some of the post game stuff, and AJ was telling the reporters over and over that it was just one game, and they have a lot to go before they can celebrate this win.

And I was listening to the game here at work, and I kept mumbling for the guys to "save some for tomorrow!". I got a few funny looks from some co-workers. :lookaroun

disneymoc

Go Braves!!!

Actually I look for them to choke in three games against the Astros. A fan has to hope for the best though.

Wilt Dasney

disneymoc said:
Go Braves!!!

Actually I look for them to choke in three games against the Astros. A fan has to hope for the best though.

Sweep? I don't see that. I do think they will lose, though.

(Nice sig, by the way.) :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom