World of Color?

nemofinder22

Small bit of news, another large tree was added to Paradise Park(seen in the far left of the photo) Bringing the total to 10, 4 near the Palace of Fine Arts dome and 6 on the other side.

Photos by Mousetimes
http://mousetimes.smugmug.com/DLR/2010/012510/11051262_ntBmL#773399521_Z9fpP
773399521_Z9fpP-M.jpg

Also a nice overall look at the edge of the WOC platform, Paradise Park and the Little Mermaid-
http://mousetimes.smugmug.com/DLR/2010/012510/11051262_ntBmL#773397968_YQ9fe
773397968_YQ9fe-M.jpg

Edit- Reports say they saw filming of the Disney Parks Blog videos(the one with Eddie) out on the Paradise Pier bridge near the WOC panels.

Disneyson 1

^Yeah, that's true. It's funny because I had always thought of the times when they said "we're really going to bring the show into the audience" and thought of the wheel, the lighthouse, the big projection screen that is the center of Screamin', etc, yet the fountains always alluded me.

I had actually thought that the fountains on the floor would come to life! But that may not be the best idea while people stand on it as viewing space... This is SUCH a great idea and will make a fantastic finale!

sponono88

A picture from the DisneyParksBlog, showing Tom Staggs and what looks like WoC show producer Sayre Wiseman. A few of the fountains/fog are testing behind them :)

staggs237841LARGE.jpg

Earlier today, Tom toured Disney’s California Adventure park where he saw the control room for the new water extravaganza “World of Color” – a technological marvel with 1,200 programmable fountains on a one-acre grid. He also visited the construction site for Cars Land, the new 12-acre expansion inspired by the blockbuster Disney-Pixar movie, “Cars.”

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/01/tom-staggs-previews-“world-of-color”-on-tour-of-disneyland-resort/

sponono88

MintCrocodile's has an update today, it includes pictures of Chernabog tower testing. Looks very cool, you can tell the way it will come to life with the fountains making the shape of his head and wings.

at low pressure
775637604_dB85S-L.jpg

775643860_zkLLg-L.jpg

775645343_jcEq9-L.jpg

775645761_QRXK2-L.jpg

775645960_B2ekT-L.jpg

I found this post interesting - if you want to know more about the tower, read this useful post by JonasClark from MiceChat:

Mint's MagicEye has shots of ChernaZurg in action, at what might be full pressure... and those nozzles really go, go, go! The flat fans produce their signature thick, ruffled water sheets (these are off-the-shelf brass or bronze nozzles) but the mist screen jet puts out a solid sheet that immediately breaks into a very thin, fine mist - perfect for detailed projection! And the throw from the fans is pretty long... Shown at full height, this thing is going to be impressive - I think it'll be all the more powerful in that it'll make the character projected onto it look both solid and ethereal. Moreso with the fire nozzles, which should be able to turn the generally triangular body area (formed by the falling spray from the armatures, which do have lights under them too) from water-and-light into a wall of flame! The top two point inward, and should frame the head in fire, too.

Finally, here's a cute picture of a seagull atop one of the lighthouses. perfectly at home in Paradise Pier :)

775644302_ZVtkv-L.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

MintCrocodile's has an update today, it includes pictures of Chernabog tower testing. Looks very cool, you can tell the way it will come to life with the fountains making the shape of his head and wings.

at low pressure
775637604_dB85S-L.jpg

775643860_zkLLg-L.jpg

775645343_jcEq9-L.jpg

775645761_QRXK2-L.jpg

775645960_B2ekT-L.jpg

I found this post interesting - if you want to know more about the tower, read this useful post by JonasClark from MiceChat:

Finally, here's a cute picture of a seagull atop one of the lighthouses. perfectly at home in Paradise Pier :)

775644302_ZVtkv-L.jpg
Oy. :dazzle::sohappy:

That'll be the scene with the Fire Whips, too, right? Wow. Going to be stellar.

cdunbar

Has any info been released on how individuals will get to view the show? By this I mean that at some point they were thinking about some kind of a special ticket or something along those lines, does anyone have a status update on that perhaps? :)

TP2000

Has any info been released on how individuals will get to view the show? By this I mean that at some point they were thinking about some kind of a special ticket or something along those lines, does anyone have a status update on that perhaps? :)

Al Lutz on Miceage is the one who broke that rumor and he has mentioned that in the past several times. But no one else is talking about it except to just parrot what Lutz already said. :shrug:

The latest from Miceage is that they will use the Fastpass machines at Grizzly to distribute the tickets they are calling "Showpass", and that some tickets will be reserved for people staying at Disneyland Resort hotels and DVC.

nemofinder22

The Disney Parks Blog has 2 great stories on World of Color today, its like World of Color day today on the blog, and Im sure it will dominate the blog come show opening lol

World of Color – Behind the H20 – The Abbey Road Sessions
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/01/world-of-color-abbey-road/ see the link for the video.
One of the most amazing experiences you can have is to be in recording sessions for a Disney Spectacular. Last week I had one of those days… and it was extra special. An orchestra of over a hundred players performed the score for World of Color. Even more exciting, we recorded it at the famous Abbey Road studio in London.

The orchestral score is a very important element to any show. In my mind, it makes up more than fifty-percent of the experience for an audience. The World of Color score has taken over a year to create due to its complexity. Mark Hammond – the show’s composer – worked countless months perfecting the harmonic nuance of each scene.

Since the show is built out of classic Disney animation moments, each scene needed its own flavor and personality. When we strung them all together, they would create the perfect environment where water, light and projections could live in harmony. The end result, as we are hearing today in this video of the recording of the ‘Night on Bald Mountain’ music from Fantasia, is glorious.

A Rainbow of Colors at Disney’s California Adventure Park
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...colors-at-disney’s-california-adventure-park/
wocbow203894LARGE.jpg

A true sense of the world of colors took shape over the Paradise Bay lagoon, the future home of “World of Color,” at Disney’s California Adventure park earlier this week following one of our many rain storms. It was captured by one of our building-mounted cameras.

sponono88

The Disney Parks Blog has 2 great stories on World of Color today, its like World of Color day today on the blog, and Im sure it will dominate the blog come show opening lol

World of Color – Behind the H20 – The Abbey Road Sessions
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/01/world-of-color-abbey-road/ see the link for the video.

A Rainbow of Colors at Disney’s California Adventure Park
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...colors-at-disney’s-california-adventure-park/

:sohappy: oh I love that blog :lol: That video is amazing to see (and hear) - can't wait to see Chernabog come to life in the show! and I love that rainbow picture over Paradise Pier.. so pretty.

A few pictures from micechat poster Macro's update:

work continues in the viewing area -

776566306_jt52p-L.jpg

a look at the fountain -

776579986_KPm9G-L.jpg

I think this is one of the moving flamethrowers

776580767_kL4LF-L.jpg

work on the led rings, look at all that cabling!

776580272_SMU4T-L.jpg

a close look at the monitors inside the control room -

776607220_d3Szu-L.jpg

and finally, a look at the fog testing at night -

776604295_QehSU-L.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

:sohappy: oh I love that blog :lol: That video is amazing to see (and hear) - can't wait to see Chernabog come to life in the show! and I love that rainbow picture over Paradise Pier.. so pretty.

A few pictures from micechat poster Macro's update:

work continues in the viewing area -

776566306_jt52p-L.jpg

a look at the fountain -

776579986_KPm9G-L.jpg

I think this is one of the moving flamethrowers

776580767_kL4LF-L.jpg

work on the led rings, look at all that cabling!

776580272_SMU4T-L.jpg

a close look at the monitors inside the control room -

776607220_d3Szu-L.jpg

and finally, a look at the fog testing at night -

776604295_QehSU-L.jpg

VERY thick fog...Interesting. I wonder if it will hinder the screen viewing in anyway?

sponono88

VERY thick fog...Interesting. I wonder if it will hinder the screen viewing in anyway?

hm, I don't know.. my guess is it probably won't affect the screens. it looks like it will be a blanket of fog across the water, the screens will be way higher. Steve has said that at some points in the show they will be projecting onto nothing - i don't know if it's even possible to project onto fog? :lookaroun

it will be interesting to see how all the effects work together once the show opens :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom