World of Color?

TP2000

O so it's like just one of our 3pm thunder showers down here...:ROFLOL:

No, it's not nearly as exciting as that. The rain in SoCal today is sort of like the last 5 minutes of the Florida afternoon thunder shower, when it's just lightly raining and the wind is dying down. But somehow that equates to "Big Storm!" here. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you could watch the local LA and San Diego TV stations (in Orange County we get both) doing their Noon news segments and covering this weather, you would wet your pants laughing. Every channel has declared themselves to be on STORMWATCH 2010! with bold graphics and dramatic theme songs and sound effects. And they've sent the poor weather girl and the action reporter out into the rain dressed up like they are going on an arctic expedition, and they squint into the camera and raise their voice unnecesarily and pretend to brace themselves against the light rain and breeze. One weather girl just breathlessly reported that in the last 18 hours, a weather station in Orange County has received over a half inch of rain! In 18 harrowing hours! That's a record, right? I mean, a half an inch is a lot!

It's hilarious to watch, although the folks who have spent their entire lives in Southern California take it all very seriously and happily buy into the hype.

EPCOT Explorer

No, it's not nearly as exciting as that. The rain in SoCal today is sort of like the last 5 minutes of the Florida afternoon thunder shower, when it's just lightly raining and the wind is dying down. But somehow that equates to "Big Storm!" here. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you could watch the local LA and San Diego TV stations (in Orange County we get both) doing their Noon news segments and covering this weather, you would wet your pants laughing. Every channel has declared themselves to be on STORMWATCH 2010! with bold graphics and dramatic theme songs and sound effects.
And they've sent the poor weather girl and the action reporter out into the rain dressed up like they are going on an arctic expedition, and they squint into the camera and raise their voice unnecesarily and pretend to brace themselves against the light rain and breeze. One weather girl just breathlessly reported that in the last 18 hours, a weather station in Orange County has received over a half inch of rain! In 18 harrowing hours! That's a record, right? I mean, a half an inch is a lot!

It's hilarious to watch, although the folks who have spent their entire lives in Southern California take it all very seriously and happily buy into the hype.

NEVER come to Florida in August. When there are "tropical disturbances" everyday. :lol: :rolleyes:

Think it'll delay work?

nemofinder22

NEVER come to Florida in August. When there are "tropical disturbances" everyday. :lol: :rolleyes:

Think it'll delay work?

Reports say that it will delay it but I dont think water can really delay much to a water show? maybe the crew on the platform but from this picture they seem to be out rain or shine.

http://twitpic.com/ypehs

But if theres a lot of rain this winter I can see ROA, Frontierland bridge/moat work being the main ones effected, as ROA is suppose to be on a tight schedule.

sponono88

Dustysage, MiceChat admin, posted this video and two nighttime pictures of testing from Saturday night.

[youtube]_YdK8L69c6M[/youtube]

woc-night-1.jpg

woc-night-2.jpg

TP2000

Reports say that it will delay it but I dont think water can really delay much to a water show? maybe the crew on the platform but from this picture they seem to be out rain or shine.

http://twitpic.com/ypehs .

So there we have it. Picture proof that they were still out this afternoon in the few hours of light to moderate rainfall we had, testing and working on World of Color.

I can't imagine how a few rainy days in winter would cause a month of delay to a water show that is already in test and adjust mode. And this was only the first rainy day, and it was about four hours of rain in the afternoon, and the Internets is already saying WoC is delayed a month? :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

http://twitpic.com/ypehs

But if theres a lot of rain this winter I can see ROA, Frontierland bridge/moat work being the main ones effected, as ROA is suppose to be on a tight schedule.
Good point. Seems they should be fine.

Dustysage, MiceChat admin, posted this video and two nighttime pictures of testing from Saturday night.

[youtube]_YdK8L69c6M[/youtube]

woc-night-1.jpg

woc-night-2.jpg
Beautiful!

So there we have it. Picture proof that they were still out this afternoon in the few hours of light to moderate rainfall we had, testing and working on World of Color.

I can't imagine how a few rainy days in winter would cause a month of delay to a water show that is already in test and adjust mode. And this was only the first rainy day, and it was about four hours of rain in the afternoon, and the Internets is already saying WoC is delayed a month? :lol:
You know how that is...:lol:

sponono88

I love the Disney Parks Blog.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/01/how-everything-is-coming-together-for-world-of-color/

How Everything is Coming Together for "World of Color"

Earlier this week we shared a video that gave you a sense of the fun we’re having with the construction of “World of Color.” As promised, we’re sharing additional video today that helps tell the story of how all the different pieces are coming together – from fountains, water screens and fire to lights, sounds and Disney and Pixar animation.

Today’s clip shows how various Disney cast members have been working behind the scenes to get ready for this spectacle. You’ll see video of projections on water screens, fountain-test footage from August 30, 2007, a lighting test on November 18, 2009, and a test of fire effects on November 24, 2009.

You’ve been getting to know Steve Davison since he joined the Disney Parks Blog, and now you can also see him hosting today’s video from the platform of the Paradise Bay Lagoon. You’ll also see new footage with Dave Bossert, Creative Director at Walt Disney Animation Studios, who explains how the team is creating new animation specifically for this show.

:D

and they want questions!

To help us answer some of your questions about “World of Color” and give you some information you want to know, tell us in the comments what you want to learn about this spectacular, new water show.

cdunbar

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Questions?!

How and when will this tech be implemented at WDW.:lookaroun
*Clears throat* I see someone is already taking advantage of the whole question asking thing...:lol:
EPCOT Explorer on January 21st, 2010 at 3:29 pm

This gave me GOOSEBUMPS. It looks amazing.
Please tell me this tech is coming to WDW in someway. The Fountains and Fire fit EPCOT’s Reflections of Earth PERFECTLY.

Disneyson 1

*SPOLIERZ!*

It looks like they're testing for the "whale" segment - They're going to use both the Finding Nemo whale segment and the Fantasia 2000 Whales to segway from the sea to the sky, as the show takes place through the "Earth, Sea, and Sky". Steve revealed that they're going to attempt to make a giant whale out of water by raising and lowering the fountains so a whale's body (with a large shooting stream as a "blowhole") and it's tail. Just imagine those blue fountains carved out in the shape of a whale coming out of the lagoon...!

EPCOT Explorer

*SPOLIERZ!*

It looks like they're testing for the "whale" segment - They're going to use both the Finding Nemo whale segment and the Fantasia 2000 Whales to segway from the sea to the sky, as the show takes place through the "Earth, Sea, and Sky". Steve revealed that they're going to attempt to make a giant whale out of water by raising and lowering the fountains so a whale's body (with a large shooting stream as a "blowhole") and it's tail. Just imagine those blue fountains carved out in the shape of a whale coming out of the lagoon...!

What?! Where?!

Divulge!!!

nemofinder22

*SPOLIERZ!*

concept art-
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/646658145_fWL7J-X3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom