World of Color?

nemofinder22

Another look back at last year, Picture taken on Jan 25, 2009

Golden State Park now home to Paradise Park, as well as the Orange, the Grand Californian expansion is still under construction and the Golden Dreams theater is still up.

Photo by Darkbeer
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-12509/7195473_riEPt#462395921_Rv8uz
462395921_Rv8uz-M.jpg

Jan 27, 2010
Photo by Darkbeer
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-12310/11071833_9B9xm#775134368_jtjhX
775134368_jtjhX-M.jpg

sponono88

it's nice to look back, Golden State Park looks so different. You can see the outline at the bottom, it shows where they extended the viewing area to. Speaking of the viewing area, it looks like the boardwalk is finally being installed, looks really nice

http://twitpic.com/11dpwu

hopefully MintCrocodile will have better pictures of this later in his update

nemofinder22

it's nice to look back, Golden State Park looks so different. You can see the outline at the bottom, it shows where they extended the viewing area to. Speaking of the viewing area, it looks like the boardwalk is finally being installed, looks really nice

http://twitpic.com/11dpwu

hopefully MintCrocodile will have better pictures of this later in his update

Finally! :ROFLOL:I wonder if its still on track opening on time, I think the last time I read Paradise Park is suppose to open on Feb 20.

sponono88

Ok, we really have to thank wideeyedwonder from disboards.com again -

Originally posted by wideeyedwonder
I assume that as time goes on, people staying at the GCVs will see more and more of the show, and with music ("dress rehearsals"). I can't overemphasis the kinetic aspects of the fountain/light combination, as these photos can't do justice to the moving patterns of lights and fountains.

searchlights -

WOC_02.jpg

fountains -

WOC_04.jpg

WOC_05.jpg

WOC_06.jpg

WOC_07.jpg

WOC_08.jpg

more at this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2387565&page=2

:eek::eek:

TP2000

My goodness! Thanks for posting those!

And those pics are taken from the Grand Californian. I have been on the balcony of one of those new DVC units in that Grand Californian wing, and while they have a broad and impressive view of Paradise Pier, you are really looking at the World of Color area at a weird angle and from quite a ways away.

I can only imagine what this show is going to look like from the dedicated viewing area up close. :eek:

sponono88

My goodness! Thanks for posting those!

And those pics are taken from the Grand Californian. I have been on the balcony of one of those new DVC units in that Grand Californian wing, and while they have a broad and impressive view of Paradise Pier, you are really looking at the World of Color area at a weird angle and from quite a ways away.

I can only imagine what this show is going to look like from the dedicated viewing area up close. :eek:

exactly, the view from Paradise Park should be incredible! The massive 400ft wall of water alone should be breathtaking, as it will pretty much engulf the lagoon, creating an effect that is very close to the audience. Very exciting :)

The color is so vibrant! even at the highest points.

right, I noticed that as well. the light reaches the highest points of the fountain - very cool! If you remember an earlier WoC testing video, the LED rings were so bright they would light up the sky in a cool rainbow effect.

sponono88

yup, they do go really high! and according to MiceChat, those aren't even the tallest ones - there'll be fountains that shoot even higher

A video of a few fountains testing today, posted by asianbma

[youtube]h6jjweejfYg[/youtube]

Hobnail Boot

I can't wait until next summer to be able to see this show in person. The sad thing is I know I won't be able to restrain myself from watching the videos on YouTube when the show debuts.

Nicole220

yup, they do go really high! and according to MiceChat, those aren't even the tallest ones - there'll be fountains that shoot even higher

A video of a few fountains testing today, posted by asianbma

[youtube]h6jjweejfYg[/youtube]
:eek:

I can't wait until next summer to be able to see this show in person. The sad thing is I know I won't be able to restrain myself from watching the videos on YouTube when the show debuts.
Same here. I want to wait till I see it in person, but I can't. No way. I need to see this asap!

nemofinder22

right, I noticed that as well. the light reaches the highest points of the fountain - very cool! If you remember an earlier WoC testing video, the LED rings were so bright they would light up the sky in a cool rainbow effect.

I have to say I was one of those who were worried that the lighting would not be able to travel as high as the water. Thankfully thats been proven wrong.

:eek:
Same here. I want to wait till I see it in person, but I can't. No way. I need to see this asap!

Same again! I think I'll just watch what ever promo video Disney releases and then the rest will have to wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom