World of Color?

sponono88

MrToadOfToadHall posted on MiceChat:

Came across this photo of Steve Davison at Abbey Road Studios this last week, working on the score for World of Color!

772279554_mJ88f-O.jpg

must be so exciting to be there. to see/hear his show coming to life :)

sponono88

Awesome. :D Really looking forward to seeing how this is all going to sound, we know it'll look amazing.

agreed, i'm excited to hear the final soundtrack! should sound amazing with the new surround sound speaker systems they installed in the viewing area

772401920_G6Euu-M.jpg

another picture posted MrToad, shows the London Symphony Orchestra hard at work. He also noted they have video lighting and cameras so maybe we will see a behind-the-scenes video of this in the future? :sohappy: maybe on the disney parks blog?

TP2000

772401920_G6Euu-M.jpg

another picture posted MrToad, shows the London Symphony Orchestra hard at work. He also noted they have video lighting and cameras so maybe we will see a behind-the-scenes video of this in the future? :sohappy: maybe on the disney parks blog?

Wow. Al Lutz mentioned a few months ago they'd have the London Symphony Orchestra doing the soundtrack for WoC at the end of January, and when I read that I thought "Really? They're going to that much trouble?" It's not like SoCal doesn't have an excellent resource in the LA Philharmonic and plenty of top-notch recording facilities. But they're going all the way to London to get the best artists and facilities in the world for this?!?

So this is, just, wow. Something tells me there will be a World of Color CD and DVD release later in 2010 after the show premieres. Has Disney ever gone to this level of expense and hassle just for a theme park water show before?

EPCOT Explorer

agreed, i'm excited to hear the final soundtrack! should sound amazing with the new surround sound speaker systems they installed in the viewing area

772401920_G6Euu-M.jpg

I HOPE!!!!!! :D :lol:

Is it almost done yet? :lookaroun

*impatient*
Seriously. I need my HD vid of this thing now, thanks. :lol:

No way am I waiting for 2012 to see this IRL.
Wow. Al Lutz mentioned a few months ago they'd have the London Symphony Orchestra doing the soundtrack for WoC at the end of January, and when I read that I thought "Really? They're going to that much trouble?" It's not like SoCal doesn't have an excellent resource in the LA Philharmonic and plenty of top-notch recording facilities. But they're going all the way to London to get the best artists and facilities in the world for this?!?

So this is, just, wow. Something tells me there will be a World of Color CD and DVD release later in 2010 after the show premieres. Has Disney ever gone to this level of expense and hassle just for a theme park water show before?
RoE. :D

That's a good sign. ;)

sponono88

A video from MouseInfo.com, posted in their latest update (1/23)

the video shows a few of the V fans testing and the Chernabog tower rising

[youtube]Eqv9biC0S5o[/youtube]

and this was posted on MiceChat today
Originally Posted by insider67
The 3 rear mist screens will be bigger soon. There are some issues that are not related to "pinching" the nozzles. The pumps have not been running at their full rated capacity....a work around is in the works

nemofinder22

[youtube]Eqv9biC0S5o[/youtube]
Originally Posted by insider67
The 3 rear mist screens will be bigger soon. There are some issues that are not related to "pinching" the nozzles. The pumps have not been running at their full rated capacity....a work around is in the works
and this was posted on MiceChat today

wow not even at full capacity they look impressive.

sponono88

I love the Magical soundtrack! RDCT is good as well but I just wish they hadn't used Wishes for the intro/finale portions. I like Wishes but I would have preferred something different. After 5 years of RDCT, I found Magical to be more enjoyable :lookaroun at least imo.

Steve Davison said he had a background in music, and with the composers and orchestra he's working with i'm sure the soundtrack is in good hands.

sponono88

forgot to add this to my post - in today's MouseInfo update, they mentioned this

The hidden fountains (that Steve Davison mentioned at D23 that would interact with the show) and sprinklers are going into the planters.

along with a picture of the planters (not sure if that link will work). This is something I don't know much about.. but i have heard about the rumored "interactive fountains" before. It will be interesting to see what this means exactly

EPCOT Explorer

I love the Magical soundtrack! RDCT is good as well but I just wish they hadn't used Wishes for the intro/finale portions. I like Wishes but I would have preferred something different. After 5 years of RDCT, I found Magical to be more enjoyable :lookaroun at least imo.

Steve Davison said he had a background in music, and with the composers and orchestra he's working with i'm sure the soundtrack is in good hands.
Yeah, I dislike that they reused Wishes.

Steve is the man. :lol: He knows his stuff.
I knew it wasn't going to be another RDCT, the show just didn't sit well with me. Not that I despise it, I just think it's okay. :lol:

Though I do love Dumbo.
Same here. It's nice. :lol:

Yes, Dumbo is the best thing in that show. He NEEDS to be in RDCT.

sponono88

Yes, Dumbo is the best thing in that show. He NEEDS to be in RDCT.

yes! add to that the bright color spotlights and confetti finale. :D they could've easily added those to Remember to update the show.

another thing I love about Magical - Tink's choreography is slightly more upbeat.. she kicks and swings her arms more than she does in RDCT :lol: "It's magical, it's wonderful, it's beautiful, exciting!"

EPCOT Explorer

yes! add to that the bright color spotlights and confetti finale. :D they could've easily added those to Remember to update the show.

another thing I love about Magical - Tink's choreography is slightly more upbeat.. she kicks and swings her arms more than she does in RDCT :lol: "It's magical, it's wonderful, it's beautiful, exciting!"

I'm thinking that is what they'll do for the special edition of RDCT they'll do for the 55th. ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Disney have an existing relationship with that Orchestra and the Studio. The Reflections of Earth score for Epcot was recorded by the same people at the same location. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom