World of Color?

sponono88

Testing of the mist screens-

[youtube]UbXHc2Ho0FE[/youtube]

just saw that posted on MiceChat, looks incredible! :sohappy:

what's interesting is.. I thought those three mist screens were going to make up the 400 foot wall of water. But according to Steven there are 42 V fans along the back that will create that wall of water.

So if i'm right, that means the big mist screens are really just a backdrop of projection surface in addition to the 400 ft wall of water!

EPCOT Explorer

just saw that posted on MiceChat, looks incredible! :sohappy:

what's interesting is.. I thought those three mist screens were going to make up the 400 foot wall of water. But according to Steven there are 42 V fans along the back that will create that wall of water.

So if i'm right, that means the big mist screens are really just a backdrop of projection surface in addition to the 400 ft wall of wat
er!

Jeeeeeze. I totally understand how they would do the rumored finale, though, now. :D:sohappy::lookaroun

sponono88

Jeeeeeze. I totally understand how they would do the rumored finale, though, now. :D:sohappy::lookaroun

yep! and the cool thing about the V fans is that, according to Steven, they are able to move :) he said they can expand, fly, and basically project images onto anything. I'm guessing this is how they will do the Cheshire cat effect with the fountains playing pong with his head.

--

DisneyGeek has an update from Friday (1/15) with additional pictures of WoC testing -

mist screens -

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_15&page_id=15&num_image=1

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_15&page_id=13&num_image=1
http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_15&page_id=14&num_image=2

and a look at the new color lighting scheme for the lighthouse structure in Paradise Park Plaza. looks nice!

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_15&page_id=56&num_image=3

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_15&page_id=55&num_image=2

--

more pictures from MintCrocodile's Saturday update:

a couple of fountains testing

766111625_S5oxH-L.jpg

work on the equipment continues

766108150_KxdNP-L.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think they should hold off on all the sneak looks at this and stop the testing during park open. The element of surprise is rapidly evaporating.

EPCOT Explorer

I think they should hold off on all the sneak looks at this and stop the testing during park open. The element of surprise is rapidly evaporating.

I honestly think that we've just scratched the surface here. So much more to see and hear. The final product will be very well hidden.

sponono88

Oh, but that's the fun part! Besides, as EpcotExplorer said.. there's a lot left in store that they haven't even shown. When all the effects come together at showtime, that will be the big wow.

Steven Davison said all along that he wanted the project to be out in the open so that people could see its progress. This wasn't something they wanted covered up behind walls. Along the entrance to Paradise Pier they have giant WoC artwork showing guests what they are working on.. It's exciting!

As for the video.. wow! It's amazing to see all the construction that went into this. And those LEDs still blow me away :D so colorful and bright!

But I don't think they've actually tested the show images, have they?

no, they haven't. they will probably test actual show scenes after hours when the park has closed

sponono88

A couple of screenshots from the new DisneyParks blog video

WoCLED.jpg

WoCLED6.jpg

WoCLED5.jpg

WoCLED2.jpg

The World of Color construction is well under way at Disney’s California Adventure park. Guests are in for a real treat when the spectacular nighttime water show debuts later this year. In the meantime, take a look at this video. The construction and testing are surprisingly entertaining. The platform you see is longer than a football field and it’s covered with more than 1,200 fountains. The idea for this show began in 2004. That’s six years ago! We’re in the home stretch!

cdunbar

no, they haven't. they will probably test actual show scenes after hours when the park has closed
But the way that Disneyland is set up, similar to how cypress gardens is or shall I say was here, there is a residental district near by and whose to say they couldn't film that...:shrug:

EpcotServo

Hardly. This is the equivalent of watching a painter prepare his canvas, his paints, and all his brushes. Technically you're seeing all that there is too it. But you're not seeing the Art. The inchompresmble magic of using these tools to create Art will be more overpowering and special than any sneak peek of the tools you'll see.

To make another metaphor, this is just listening to the orchestra tuning up. Again, technically you're seeing all there is too it...But when the whole orchestra is making music, it will feel entirely different.

TP2000

Storm, what storm? Confused:veryconfu

In Anaheim it's currently 60 degrees, light to moderate rain falling off and on, and it's breezy. :eek:

When I lived in South Carolina, on a scale of 1 to 10 this would have been about a 2 when it comes to rain storms. But for Southern California, this is being treated as a dress rehearsal for the end of the world. Commerce and industry all over Southern California has come to a grinding halt this week, as everyone stares out their windows in awe.

Housewives are huddled in fear all over Orange County, unable to psyche themselves up for the drive in the SUV to the craft store or Target.

Newscasters in LA are out in the mobile van, dressed up like the Gorton's Fisherman, and asking citizens to comment on the puddles along the curb. There are even reports of leaves clogging a storm drain in Santa Monica.

I'm not making this up, this is how Southern California reacts on the 5 or 10 days out of the year when measurable precipitation falls.

That said, I can't imagine that a week of rainy weather will push the opening of World of Color back by a full month. The thing is in the water any way, is it not? :confused:

cdunbar

In Anaheim it's currently 60 degrees, light to moderate rain falling off and on, and it's breezy. :eek:

When I lived in South Carolina, on a scale of 1 to 10 this would have been about a 2 when it comes to rain storms. But for Southern California, this is being treated as a dress rehearsal for the end of the world. Commerce and industry all over Southern California has come to a grinding halt this week, as everyone stares out their windows in awe.

Housewives are huddled in fear all over Orange County, unable to psyche themselves up for the drive in the SUV to the craft store or Target.

Newscasters in LA are out in the mobile van, dressed up like the Gorton's Fisherman, and asking citizens to comment on the puddles along the curb. There are even reports of leaves clogging a storm drain in Santa Monica.

I'm not making this up, this is how Southern California reacts on the 5 or 10 days out of the year when measurable precipitation falls.

That said, I can't imagine that a week of rainy weather will push the opening of World of Color back by a full month. The thing is in the water any way, is it not? :confused:
O so it's like just one of our 3pm thunder showers down here...:ROFLOL:and FYI your whole post made me :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom