World of Color?

TP2000

No trimming!!! :mad:

DHS Fantasmic is a little longer than yours and NEVER feels like 30 mins. The longer, the better.

You get to sit at DHS Fantasmic. In fact, you HAVE to sit, there is no standing option.

You will have to stand at World of Color. The entire time, before and during the show. That's going to make people cranky if it's too long. :animwink:

sponono88

new lampposts in the viewing area? they look like little lighthouses

759735533_DxPjt-L.jpg

wooden boardwalk flooring being installed

759731845_g6hYH-L.jpg

759729952_S8rqd-L.jpg

fountain update

759731680_VNXFT-L.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/01/out-here-having-fun-in-warm-california.html

EPCOT Explorer

You get to sit at DHS Fantasmic. In fact, you HAVE to sit, there is no standing option.

You will have to stand at World of Color. The entire time, before and during the show. That's going to make people cranky if it's too long. :animwink:

Yeah, and?! :lol: :mad: You are getting Disney's most technically advanced show to date that could possibly revolutionize the entire industry! Quit whining! :lol::lookaroun:D

sponono88

They kinda look like there for the parade light towers that just got reinstalled as the bases looks rather boring, although both are different colors but it could work together.

ooh yeah, those are new as well. I was actually referring to the dark green ones in the center of the picture. not sure what those are

and according to Al, the London Symphony Orchestra will be recording the official soundtrack later this month. Disney Parks Blog said Steven Davison would be joining the blog later this month. coincidence!? i hope his first blog entry is a sample of music from the show :)

EPCOT Explorer

ooh yeah, those are new as well. I was actually referring to the dark green ones in the center of the picture. not sure what those are

and according to Al, the London Symphony Orchestra will be recording the official soundtrack later this month. Disney Parks Blog said Steven Davison would be joining the blog later this month. coincidence!? i hope his first blog entry is a sample of music from the show :)

I think it was posted that the London Symphony is recording, right? :D That's good...

sponono88

Yay! Steven's first blog entry is here! with an amazing video of the fire testing :D

World of Color - Behind the H20 - The Journey Begins

Hi, I’m Steve Davison, and I’m an Imagineer with Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment. I’m joining the Disney Parks Blog this month to talk about a project that’s very close to my heart – “World of Color.” In the coming months, I’ll be sharing the latest updates on the show, some inside information and exclusive photos and videos.

One of the first effects elements to be tested was the fire system. Audiences are going to be really surprised by the World of Color fire effects. Because the units are randomly placed throughout the show platform, they will shock you when they appear. Here is a test video of the first look at the fire. While it is not the final program, it will give you a sense of the visual power it yields!

sponono88

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Fantastic. :D

I wonder what the other pyro will be, I know that it's minimal, though.

i'm not sure, it'd have to be low-level and something that doesn't produce lots of smoke. *spoilers* when the first rumors of the show started popping up, it was said that the finale scene would include DL's castle made out of fountains. it'd be fun to shoot a few fireworks over the "water" castle and recreate a traditional Disney fireworks finale. *end spoilers*

--

looking at the video again.. those flames shoot really high! :eek: almost as high as the fun wheel! what we didn't see in the video - the moving flamethrowers, and the rumored "color" fire effects (blue, green fire).

WoCFire2.jpg

WoCFire.jpg

:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

i'm not sure, it'd have to be low-level and something that doesn't produce lots of smoke. *spoilers* when the first rumors of the show started popping up, it was said that the finale scene would include DL's castle made out of fountains. it'd be fun to shoot a few fireworks over the "water" castle and recreate a traditional Disney fireworks finale. *end spoilers*

--

looking at the video again.. those flames shoot really high! :eek: almost as high as the fun wheel! what we didn't see in the video - the moving flamethrowers, and the rumored "color" fire effects (blue, green fire).

WoCFire2.jpg

WoCFire.jpg

:sohappy:

The spoilers BETTER BE TRUE. WOW. :eek::sohappy::eek:

Blue flame should be amazing. :D

sponono88

it would certainly make for a breathtaking finale! i hope it's true as well. I'm pretty sure it was Al that first brought that up in one of his articles - this was way back before the DCA expansion was officially announced, back when WoC was still the rumored "water show" coming to DCA... about 2-3 years ago i would say.

And Steven Davison has mentioned the surprise finale, so he's got something up his sleeves that he's not letting out. Let's hope it does happen :)

sponono88

WoC viewing area updates

a shot taken by OC2Epcot (1/8):

IMG_5438-1.jpg

And some pictures from DisneyGeek's January 8th update -

Looks like the dark green objects I pointed out earlier in the thread have now been installed as the bases for the new light posts -

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_08&page_id=40&num_image=1

A wide view of the construction site.. I wonder when all the plants will be coming in, looks like it about ready to be completed.

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_08&page_id=34&num_image=1

a look at the other side, near the Golden Zephyr

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_08&page_id=34&num_image=3

the lighthouse structure in Paradise Park Plaza has been turned on, it looks great :) apparently they were testing the different colors.

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_08&page_id=100&num_image=2

and lastly, for comparisons sake.. here's a shot of Fantasmic's fountain platform :lookaroun

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_image.php?update_dir=2010_01_08&page_id=71&num_image=3

sponono88

A few pictures from Ron_W at Micechat, taken Sat. 1/9/09

part of the platform submerged

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

Fog testing

IMG_4570.jpg
'

IMG_4581.jpg

A section of the platform being submerged under water

IMG_4607.jpg

TP2000

Wow. Amazing pictures from DCA keep coming in!

Thank you very much sponono88 for keeping this great digest of the latest news going here. It's such a handy way to keep track of what is going on in the lagoon. Because of that, this is one of my favorite threads to follow! :wave:

sponono88

thank you, that's very nice of you to say :) but we really should be thanking people like MintCrocodile and Darkbeer, and everyone else who provides continous photo updates each week. It's been fun tracking the progress of the construction

---

a video I found today, shows how bright the led rings are for each fountain

[youtube]KNpzojpKFqM[/youtube]

and another that shows the V projection surfaces

[youtube]-D-xsvkpmIo[/youtube]

screenshots from the above video -

bright fountains!

Picture6-1.png

and I believe these are the V projection surfaces, again illuminated with LEDs
Picture7-2.png

sponono88

another look at the lighthouse tower lit up at night - click for picture

I saw it in person this past Friday, looks really pretty. The lights were mostly red, some were blue.. they look like the same lights MFW has. It will be interesting to see whether this interacts with the show somehow :shrug:

and a picture from Dateline Disneyland, showing another view of the partially submerged platform

P1017098.jpg

and a look at where the wooden boardwalk will be going

P1017064.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

another look at the lighthouse tower lit up at night - picture from boy33's twitter

56447426.jpg

I saw it in person this past Friday, looks really pretty. The lights were mostly red, some were blue.. they look like the same lights MFW has. It will be interesting to see whether this interacts with the show somehow :shrug:

and a picture from Dateline Disneyland, showing another view of the partially submerged platform

P1017098.jpg

and a look at where the wooden boardwalk will be going

P1017064.jpg

VERY bright fountain....I thought that was pyro!

sponono88

Disney may distribute tickets for water show

Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, said Disney officials already predict the show will be “extremely popular,” so they are considering various ways to address crowding.
A ticket program is “one of many different options being explored,” she said.

Each visitor could pick up a Showpass at a Fastpass distribution site. The ticket then could be used to gain entrance to the standing-room-only viewing area, which is now under construction on the north side of Paradise Bay. Visitors would be let in to the area sometime before the nightly show.

Brown said no decisions have been made.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2010/01/08/disney-may-distribute-tickets-for-water-show/30755/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom