Why waist your time at Epcot?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erika

I'm 25 and I was a kid when Epcot opened. I have always loved it, but then again, I have always enjoyed learning new things. Quick, cheap thrills don't do much for me. I go to WDW more often then I go to my Six Flags, and I live in Illinois!

Michael72688

Original Poster
First of all JII is not an exciting ride (but it is different). How come after 9/11 Epcot had the largest drop of attendance, people wanted to go to more exciting parks!

btw Maria, thanks, I had to come up w/ something, and thats what came to my head

Erika

Originally posted by Michael72688
I think it's funny how seriously you all take this darn park, I started this thread just to get my opinion across, not for everyone to tell me I need to appretiate Disney's Worst Park!
By the way, Primeval Whirl isn't boring!
And I dont care if I got the spelling wrong

I think it's funny that you titled this thread with a question and then made fun of everybody for answering it! :lol: Can't we get our opinions across, too? I mean, you did ask for them.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by jhuntingdon
Souldn't it be,
Why WASTE your time at Epcot??
just wondering:confused:

yea, I'm sorry, I wasn't paying much attention when I wrote it
and Erika, I'm not making I fun of anybody, I do want you opinions

jhuntingdon

I sort of agree with you Epcot can be kind of boring for the typical teenager, although I like it.
You sure got a lot of people upset with the title though. What is this thread up to, 5 pages in 2 days?

wannabeBelle

uuummmm guys?? Can we not talk Michael out of his opinion here please?? I'd really rather have one less person in line for Test Track or JIYI or the Land boat ride. Certainly one less person to be taking up a table at the Rose & Crown or Chef De France etc. Michael I am a thrill ride person and I am quite a bit older than you (37) however I can tell you that I have NEVER planned a trip (as in stay over at a hotel type) to go to Six Flags or any other thrill park specifically. I do go to WDW multiple times a year, stay over in the hotels there and I always visit EPCOT. WDW in general and EPCOT in particular arent about a single coaster or how green I can get on a ride. It is something intangible and magical. If you dont get that feeling, that is perfectly acceptable, but I wouldnt bother renewing my AP in that case!!! Belle

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by jhuntingdon
I sort of agree with you Epcot can be kind of boring for the typical teenager, although I like it.
You sure got a lot of people upset with the title though. What is this thread up to, 5 pages in 2 days?

actually I started the threat last night at about 11:30 I think, so less than 24 hours

Squall

Originally posted by sandjhooker
www.spellcheck.com

waist: that certain area around the middle of your body
waste: something to be thrown away

Sorry, couldn't resist.....:fork:

I do that all the time on the net :hammer: I spell things wrong like "whole" and "hole". Heh

Tramp

Mike,

I have to agree with you, Epcot is not for you. If I were you, I'd stick with the cheap carnival rides until you're mature enough to understand the concepts of multiculturalism and erudition associated with Epcot.
I'm really impressed by the number of young people in the forum capable of understanding and enjoying the broader picture of Epcot's themes. Way to go, kids!:sohappy:

Someone get a hold of President Bush...we have a child that's been left behind.:lol:

Im 15 and I dont think epcot is a waste of time. I think that the rides are alright but with the edition of M:S it will be one of the best parks. I dont know if it will ever be at the level Magic Kingdom is but it is going ot be better. I also like going onver to the World showcase side for a little education. I hate learning stuff when i am on vacation but a little is alright. i especially francd because i can actually talk to the people ther in french. Well get a better respect of epcot and you might like it better.

Brooke

I think that one of the main reasons Disney has been so successful is that they offer things to do for kids AND their parents. I'm sure that my parents would much rather go to EPCOT whereas I would much rather go to MGM or the Magic Kingdom. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that people agree with you (obviously)

But personally, EPCOT is probably my least favorite park even though I love Test Track. The main reason I go other than that is because it's open later most of the time.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tramp
Mike,

I have to agree with you, Epcot is not for you. If I were you, I'd stick with the cheap carnival rides until you're mature enough to understand the concepts of multiculturalism and erudition associated with Epcot.
I'm really impressed by the number of young people in the forum capable of understanding and enjoying the broader picture of Epcot's themes. Way to go, kids!:sohappy:

Someone get a hold of President Bush...we have a child that's been left behind.:lol:

I really dont like when people (like you) who also dont know me say I'm not mature, I'm a heck of a lot more mature than you think, and just because someone dosent like a cheap theme park, that doesnt make them not mature.

Debbie

Michael, I didn't mean to invalidate your feeling(s) about Epcot, however the point alot of folks here are trying to get to you is that
a) Epcot is attractive to those who like a different experience other than rides that turn folks green i.e. mature folks
b) Epcot therefore is generally appreciated by those of us who are beyond thrill seeking i.e. mature folks
c) Epcot is a great place to chill out; enjoy the flowers, the different countries, and take a nice walk. I can go there and just walk around and not go on anything.
While you don't feel you are immature; realize that you are young and your taste are going to change as you get older. However, you won't realize it until you reach that point in your life.
So, go enjoy your thrill seeking, and we'll see you in a couple of decades. I've been there; done that.

If you still don't agree; then just agree to disagree.

WDW-Imagineer

I really dont like when people (like you) who also dont know me say I'm not mature, I'm a heck of a lot more mature than you think, and just because someone dosent like a cheap theme park, that doesnt make them not mature.

The reason people are calling you immature is because you are not seeing Epcot for what it is. Now we are nobody to tell you what you should like or what you should do, thats your own personal choice... we are simply trying to show you what Epcot has to offer.

You think Epcot is a cheap theme park, then that is your opinion. Pretty much nobody here agrees with that statement, simply because we feel Epcot is not cheap. Like everybody else has said, safe this topic we've discussed and look back at it in 10, maybe 20 years. I'm sure your outlook on Epcot will be vastly different.

sigsegv

Originally posted by Tramp
Mike,

Agreed. I think Epcot appeals to people with slightly more mature tastes. Not age, but maturity. It's not for everybody and that's fine. I hope when Michael72688 matures a bit, he'll appreciate it more, but if he doesn't... Oh well.

-sig

dreamer

That whole Eduction thing gets me, I go to school to get educated, not to spend $53 to do it, I would much rather just go on a ride and not have to learn about something in the process, it makes my brain work to hard, an I dont like that!

One of Epcot's purposes is to restore the joy of learning that our education system (private and public and sometimes even parents) destroys.

Before you were brainwashed, you actually enjoyed learning. I'm sorry to hear that Epcot hasn't helped restore at least some of that enjoyment.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom