Why waist your time at Epcot?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarful

first off I didnt read every single post. But I do know that this past May we took our kids and our niece and 2 nephews to WDW for 10 days. For our oldest nephew 14 at the time this was his very first time at WDW. His favorite park was Epcot, then MK, then MGM (AK was last)
Here are a few of his favorite things we did at Epcot
eatting at Germanys Biergarten (said eatting out was never so much fun!)
seeing all of the different nations
watching illuminations, The American show (even wanted photos with CM's in their patriotic attire!
Test Track
Test Track
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Norway/Maelstrom
Of course this was his first time and everything was wonderful to him! Hope it stays that way for a good long time.
no park can be wonderful to every person...but hopefully everyone will find something wonderful in each of the parks!

pan11435

Im 16 and Epcot is my favorite park. In the last year I went to a disney theme park seven times and four of those were to Epcot. I will even be going again in just two weeks and can't wait.

I really dont like when people (like you) who also dont know me say I'm not mature, I'm a heck of a lot more mature than you think, and just because someone dosent like a cheap theme park, that doesnt make them not mature.

I find that it is comments like these that make many off us feel your not mature enough to discover what is so great about the park. Im curiuos to no what it is you mean by cheap when talking about this park. You certainly cant be talking about the cost of building the park. EPCOT Center was the first theme park ever to cost over a billion dollars. And a ride like Spaceship Earth would cost far more than all three Roller Coaters at IOA. I hope someday you will discover what all off us already know. Untill then you don't know what your missing.

orangefan15

Originally posted by Sansaarai
How about a new title for this thread?

Don't "waist" your time reading this topic.

LOL!!

But it is so full of drama...if you need a laugh, go ahead and read it all!!

Michael72688

Original Poster
I laugh as read these, it's great anyways it maybe different because I live so close and have been to Epcot so many times, it just bores me, I've done everything there is to do, no M:S may change that. Also Debbi Animal Kingdom is also a great place to walk around, enjoy the flowers, animals, and other exciting features, and when you get bored of that you can go on an exciting ride to spruce up your day!

Keep the relpy's comin, they're great! haha

CSOM

Epcot just has a feeling that other parks don't have. I go to Six Flags about once or twice a year, have fun, but I savor the time at a park like Epcot when I can get there every 4-5 years. I'm 24, so not all that much removed from the teen days.

No one is trying to call you immature or hurt your feelings, they are simply saying, when you mature beyond your current level. Also, your feeling the need to defend your maturity, didn't help your level of respect on the board. I feel its something like being "cool" or being "dumb" or being "drunk", when you have to defend a point that you aren't something, generally you are. It wouldn't have been brought up otherwise.

As far as the spelling, grammer errors, I understand you don't care because it's a forum, and the same in your emails. The problem is that because you don't care now, you get in a habit of being lazy about it (or not paying attention as you call it) and don't learn the correct way (as with your love of education) and that WILL hurt you some day. I am pursuing my graduate degree in business, and am beginning my real world like in corporate human resources. If an application or resume came in with the kind of grammer, spelling, word choice, etc. that you have displayed, I would file the resume in the garbage. I know you aren't applying for a job here (and I'm sorry I'm off on a tangent) but I just hope for you that you are smart enough to understand when it is important, and do possess greater English skills than you are displaying here. (I'm off my soapbox, open for the next user)

As for Epcot, why an AP with WDW rather than Universal/IOA if you are looking for that type of an experience? Just curious, that's all.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by CSOM

As far as the spelling, grammer errors, I understand you don't care because it's a forum, and the same in your emails. The problem is that because you don't care now, you get in a habit of being lazy about it (or not paying attention as you call it) and don't learn the correct way (as with your love of education) and that WILL hurt you some day. I am pursuing my graduate degree in business, and am beginning my real world like in corporate human resources. If an application or resume came in with the kind of grammer, spelling, word choice, etc. that you have displayed, I would file the resume in the garbage. I know you aren't applying for a job here (and I'm sorry I'm off on a tangent) but I just hope for you that you are smart enough to understand when it is important, and do possess greater English skills than you are displaying here. (I'm off my soapbox, open for the next user)

As for Epcot, why an AP with WDW rather than Universal/IOA if you are looking for that type of an experience? Just curious, that's all. [/B]

Well the reason we have passes to WDW is cause all the other parks are fun, we might get Universal passes this year. about the English, I understand what you saying but I've had an A in English the past 4 years, so, I do use when it's important!

JasonCajun

Originally posted by Michael72688
Explain to me what you mean about broadening my horizons, cause I'd really like to know! and how is Six Flags not meaningful?

There is more to life than rollercoasters and cheap thrills. I love rollercoasters and thrill rides as much as the next guy. But there is more to life, expanding your knowledge of history, cultures, future technologies and that is what Epcot is all about. Not every park can be a thrill ride a minute park, and I appreciate Epcot because it is unique and different. Where else can you ride Spaceship Earth, play with little gadgets, and visit people from different countries.

Six Flags is great for thrill rides, and I am sure IoA is too. I live only 3 hours from SIx Flags Atlanta, and 12 hours from WDW. I can go to Six Flags for the cost of a ticket and gas. WDW takes at least $1500 for me to go there for a week. But in my lifetime, I have been to Six Flags twice and WDW over 10 times. Its because it is more memorable. Its because its more than just cheap thrills. Its atmosphere, theming, and this sounds like a cheesy commercial, but a place where memories are made.

So, do yourself a favor, open your mind, and you would be surprised at what you find you can enjoy. :)

Michael72688

Original Poster
I used to enjoy Epcot but after about the 3rd visit it got old, now on the other hand I have been to IOA 4 times and I'm going again in Feb. and that park has never grown old on me. And about the history and opening my mind, thats why I go to school, and meeting the people from other countries, I just go out of this country and meet people all over, I dont need a theme park for that!

Maria

and meeting the people from other countries, I just go out of this country and meet people all over, I dont need a theme park for that!

Wow... you must be loaded! Lucky you...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
and meeting the people from other countries, I just go out of this country and meet people all over, I dont need a theme park for that!

Good ...Great!!!... Some of us dont have that luxury or that kinda dough.. I would love to do a grand tour of Europe... but I dont have the money.. nor the time to do so.. so Epcot's World Showcase is a sufficent alternative for me now.

Ian

Im 16 and i go to Epcot everytime i get the chance to visit florida it is one of the best parks it is filled with tons of information but yet alot of fun to iteract with if u ask me its one of the best parks of them all sounds like u r one of the Six Flags kinda kids that all they want is sum roller coaster at their hands..:hammer:

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
Good ...Great!!!... Some of us dont have that luxury or that kinda dough.. I would love to do a grand tour of Europe... but I dont have the money.. nor the time to do so.. so Epcot's World Showcase is a sufficent alternative for me now.

Never said I've been to Europe, and never said I had my parents had a lot of dough

Debbie

Also Debbi Animal Kingdom is also a great place to walk around, enjoy the flowers, animals, and other exciting features, and when you get bored of that you can go on an exciting ride to spruce up your day!

Keep the relpy's comin, they're great! haha

When I feel the need to enjoy an animal and go on an exciting ride.........................................................................I go to my hotel room:D

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by Debbie
When I feel the need to enjoy an animal and go on an exciting ride.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................I go to my hotel room:D

ok, thats nice

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I used to enjoy Epcot but after about the 3rd visit it got old, now on the other hand I have been to IOA 4 times and I'm going again in Feb. and that park has never grown old on me

I was the same exact way... I remember my freshman year in high school ...the family took me to WDW with them .... I was sooooo bored with it and wanted to go back to universal..(IOA did not exsist yet) In Fact they praticaly had to drag me into the Magic Kingdom the day we went...

*sigh*

Your tastes do change as you get older :)
I am older and more mature and Epcot is my fav park! I would not of said that 10-12 years ago...ever!!! :lol:

I really loved the retro EPCOT (circa 1985-86).... but I like the current version as well... :)

Maria

Originally posted by Debbie
When I feel the need to enjoy an animal and go on an exciting ride...................................................................................................I go to my hotel room:D

LOL!!!:lol: good one!

Michael72688

Original Poster
Maybe, just maybe if M:S opens while my passes are good I'll go back to dullville one more time, hopefully that will bring the crowds back

GalacticGobbler

My favorite thing about Epcot today, is that one more negative person (Mike) will not be there the next time I visit. Maybe when you go through puberty and discover girls, thrill rides won't be so important to you. I respect your opinion, if you don't want to go then don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom