Why waist your time at Epcot?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Debbie
Let me kick Jay-Rod off of the washing machine and I will get on my soapbox:
One day in the not-so-distant future, you will give anything to have a pass to go to Epcot, or anywhere Orlando for that matter (heck, for me, the Tupperware plant looks good), just to escape the daily grind of busting your butt and getting nowhere; only to find, oops, gotta pay for that root canal, or mom and dad can't swing it this year. Then, and only then will you see that complaining about this is SO TRIVIAL to us hard working folks.

*Ok Jay-you can have your machine back*

Every person, all the events of your life, are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

The issue is important to Michael72688 and he has the right to his opinion. Trivializing his statements is the same as if my life were more difficult than yours and I referred to your situation as petty. I could go on but my thoughts on life are pretty much summed up in the quote above from Richard Bach.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Michael72688
I hope I dont affend and of the "Epcot lovers" but if your young, you sorta have to agree w/ me! :fork:

well, i AM young (17) and i don't agree with you in the least bit. i don't have a problem with you not liking Epcot...that's your opinion. but i DO have a problem with statements like the quoted one above. no, i don't have to agree with you...not even 'sorta'. it really bugs me when people assume that all young folk are thrill seekers...i'm sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine. i like thrills as well as the next person, but i can only handle so much. i'm absolutely terrified of heights and big drops. i've gotten used to the coasters at WDW, but it took me YEARS to finally get on them.
Not to mention, i HATE school with a passion, but i love the educational rides. the rides make learning fun, i think. now, i'd agree that The Land is a bit boring, but i'd MUCH rather ride that then be in class! And yes, Epcot has lost some of its spark...but it's certainly not because of lack of 'thrill'. as a matter of fact, ALL of WDW has lost some of it's spark. but besides that, look how wonderful Epcot was in the mid-90's or so, and not ONE thrill ride! well, unless you want to count Body Wars as one :hurl: i think that's a ride even thrill seekers would get sick on!
but think about it...Walt wasn't about thrill rides...he was about family and education...that's why he built theme parks, and not just amusement parks. Epcot, from the beginning, wasn't supposed to be about thrills...it's all about life and learning and showing people that there's more than one way to be taught (as in you don't HAVE to learn from boring books and lectures). i truely believe that Epcot is a place that tries to make people a little more open minded about the world we live in and about the people we live around. but if you don't respect that, then don't go. but please stop complaining about it...it's not gonna get you anywhere just like it wouldn't be getting me anywhere.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Every person, all the events of your life, are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

The issue is important to Michael72688 and he has the right to his opinion. Trivializing his statements is the same as if my life were more difficult than yours and I referred to your situation as petty. I could go on but my thoughts on life are pretty much summed up in the quote above from Richard Bach.

Thanks man!

And for Dizknee_Phreek it's an expression, I wasn't actually saying you had to agree w/ me, and all of my friends and almost 100% of my school loves thrills, and how come IOA was voted the best theme park (cough thrills cough) IOA is also a theme park. and it really isn't my problem that you hate school, and I dont

JasonCajun

When I was your age, about 10 years ago, Epcot was my favorite park. To each his own I suppose. Is Epcot a thrill ride park? No. Really, if you want just thrill rides with no theming or anything meaningful at all, go to Six Flags. Perhaps you need to broaden your horizons a bit.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by JasonCajun
When I was your age, about 10 years ago, Epcot was my favorite park. To each his own I suppose. Is Epcot a thrill ride park? No. Really, if you want just thrill rides with no theming or anything meaningful at all, go to Six Flags. Perhaps you need to broaden your horizons a bit.

Explain to me what you mean about broadening my horizons, cause I'd really like to know! and how is Six Flags not meaningful?

jwbeck3

Michael, I'm 15 and I love thrill rides just as much as anyone else, but you also have to appreciate EPCOT for what it is. (A wonderful park) If all your into is thrills, then go to IOA and make my wait for Test Track shorter. Sorry if this sounded rude, but I had a tough day.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by jwbeck3
Michael, I'm 15 and I love thrill rides just as much as anyone else, but you also have to appreciate EPCOT for what it is. (A wonderful park) If all your into is thrills, then go to IOA and make my wait for Test Track shorter. Sorry if this sounded rude, but I had a tough day.

no you weren't rude, the problem is, IOA isn't at Disney, I dont have passes to get there! :(

ThePhantom

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Now if someone could only explain the meaning of 6 Flags....

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read that! I just got back from a trip to Magic Mountain (a Six Flags park thats an hour north of Disneyland for those who dont know) and boy is it getting bad! All the ops are rude, the rides are in terrible shape, the rides have the worst capacity on the planet and I'd MUCH RATHER ride any ride at EPCOT over a ride at Magic Mountain (other than X, the greatest thrill ride of ALL TIME)

Anyways, I consider myself a big thrillseeker (I've done over 150 coasters), and I still would give up a trip to any other park on earth to go to WDW. Unfortunately, me and my friends don't have the money to visit WDW more than once a year for a 2 week trip to WDW, and we're always envious of those who live in WDW"s general area. It almost sickens me to see people that can't appreciate the grandure and beauty of EPCOT and all the other WDW parks, nomatter how many times they've visited the place.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by ThePhantom
I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read that! I just got back from a trip to Magic Mountain (a Six Flags park thats an hour north of Disneyland for those who dont know) and boy is it getting bad! All the ops are rude, the rides are in terrible shape, the rides have the worst capacity on the planet and I'd MUCH RATHER ride any ride at EPCOT over a ride at Magic Mountain (other than X, the greatest thrill ride of ALL TIME)

I know it's off the topic but, how's X

cymbaldiva

Explain to me what you mean about broadening my horizons, cause I'd really like to know! and how is Six Flags not meaningful?

Hey Michael72688-

You are the one who asked the original question - from your question, I would think that you do find some meaning.

Please don't pawn it off on JasonCajun, just answer the question

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Hey Michael72688-

You are the one who asked the original question - from your question, I would think that you do find some meaning.

Please don't pawn it off on JasonCajun, just answer the question

What are you talking about, cause I'm completely lost, see I'm for 3 weeks on break and I cant think strait anymore!

JLW11Hi

Some people like this, other people like that. I like Epcot, personally, but others don't. In the end, its your decision what you like or dont like.

Michael72688

Original Poster
I think Epcot has it's own niche of people, maybe I'm just not the right size for it anymore, I would also like to know what do you think is going to happen to the nightlife Epcot is famous for after ToD leaves?

Dizknee_Phreek

And for Dizknee_Phreek it's an expression, I wasn't actually saying you had to agree w/ me

sure sounded that way to me

and all of my friends and almost 100% of my school loves thrills, and how come IOA was voted the best theme park (cough thrills cough) IOA is also a theme park.

i never look at those polls. i have a funny suspision they're not 100% accurate. but how come Disney has 6 theme parks (not including water parks) in the US alone, and 4 more in Europe and Asia? that's gotta say something for the company...besides, personally i think Universal's better at making movies than theme parks...but that's just me.

and it really isn't my problem that you hate school, and I dont

never said it was. i was merely making a comparison if that's quite alright with you. and i'd really appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

I would also like to know what do you think is going to happen to the nightlife Epcot is famous for after ToD leaves?

Epcot's famous for nightlife? since when? i always thought that pleasure island was the one famous for nightlife! besides, do you REALLY think ToD is what put Epcot on the map? please! :rolleyes: as much as i love the parade, Epcot was famous WAY before it appeared! i doubt people will stop coming to the park just because it's gone.

btw, would i be right to bet that you're not a big Animal Kingdom fan either? even though it's probably the best themed park in WDW....but who am i kidding? it's not about theme...it's about rides and entertainment isn't it?

cymbaldiva

What are you talking about, cause I'm completely lost, see I'm for 3 weeks on break and I cant think strait anymore!

For future reference-

Please do not start a discussion if you're not going to bother to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom