Why is the Haunted Mansion such a favorite and beloved attraction at the MK???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
There are a lot of attractions that seem to be a favorite for a lot of people. One of them being The Haunted Mansion, definitely a classic. So, the question is:

Why is the Haunted Mansion such a favorite and beloved attraction at the MK???

DisneyPrincess5

Good question...I've thought the same! It is definitely a great ride and a classic.

Well IMO because it is very original, mysterious, and a lot of people are intrigued by ghosts/supernatural, etc. That little bit of darkness in a World of fantasy makes people wonder.
Oh and don't forget the extremely catchy song!

sjead

The theming is amazing, effects are fun and extremely cool, its a classic, great for all ages, it is possible to ride it many times and notice new things each time. . . the list goes on!!

yankspy

My all time favorite. Why? Re-rideability for one. I have been on it hundreds of times but I can still find something new. There are so many small details. It also stands on its own without needing characters, etc. It is an original and unique attraction.

Katiex4

Well its probably one of the most (if not THE most) detailed dark ride in WDW, so it has that going for it.

Classics are classics because they have been around for longest and keep reeling the crowds in...

goofykt

I think a huge part of why I love it so much is because it was ingrained in my childhood. I remember seeing clips on Disney's Halloweeen Treat of the ghosts dancing in the banquet hall every year, and when I finally got to go on the ride after seeing it on TV all those years, I was so excited I practically jumped out of my seat..."It's the dancing ghosts from TV! It's the dancing ghosts from TV!"

My mom kept having to tell me to sit down and be quiet! *sheepish grin* :D

balletgirl2

I think a huge part of why I love it so much is because it was ingrained in my childhood. I remember seeing clips on Disney's Halloweeen Treat of the ghosts dancing in the banquet hall every year, and when I finally got to go on the ride after seeing it on TV all those years, I was so excited I practically jumped out of my seat..."It's the dancing ghosts from TV! It's the dancing ghosts from TV!"

My mom kept having to tell me to sit down and be quiet! *sheepish grin* :D

That is EXACTLY why I love it so much too!

bgraham34

Its because of synergy. If you took a small aspect out of the equation it just wont work. The queue getting into the attraction preps you to what to expect. The Stretching room sets you in the darkness and invites the spooks in. Not too mention the sounds and music throughout the whole ride. And don't forget the doom buggies.

MKCP 1985

Some Reasons I think Haunted Mansion is Beloved

just a few reasons to consider:

the only intentionally creepy and gloomy cast members in the Magic Kingdom.

the stretching room - unique to Disney parks?

the ride itself: the ballroom and the attic have so many details that even if you eventually see them all, you'll swear they've changed!

WDWFREAK53

It is the ONLY attraction in all of WDW that I can't miss.

Why?

Let me answer that question with a question..."Have you been on it?!!?!?!?"

Sure, it may not be a thrilling ride...but everything from the sounds, sights, chills, effects, and storyline work so well together. No other ride anywhere does this as well as the Haunted Mansion. The amount of detail is incredible. Like someone before me said, no matter how many times I ride it, I can always find something new! I was pleasantly surprised with the recent changes and think they fit perfectly.

Awesome...just plain awesome.

Chevross

IMO this ride is a perfect combination of dark ride and sort of a strange fantasy ride. It puts you in mind of being a "Haunted House" ride that tries to scare you, but than again it uses it props....I mean ghosts.... to be more of a show rather than just a "scare and there" process. I hope I'm making a bit of sense.

JustPlainBill

I got to first ride the HM when I was 7 years old in 1973, my first and only trip to WDW as a child.
From the very first, waiting outside in line hearing the howling dog, seeing the flashes of lighting on a clear dark evening gave me pause to wonder what awaited me on the inside. Throughout the ride I wasn't scared but I was awestruck by the detail. At that age I actually thought the ghosts in the ballroom could have been real because I couldn't think then how they could have created the effect. I had never before that time experienced an attraction like the HM, it impressed me, which is why it is still my favorite. When I ride the HM as an adult now, each and everytime I think back to my first time.

LiveyMouse22

It is classic, fun, you can go on it a million times without getting bored of it, and the effects are really fun and detailed. Also, (along with on ToT) my dad always does the "witch laugh" throughout the ride and it always gets a laugh from the people around you. Then other people start to try to do it and it sounds even funnier. :lol:
:wave:

orlando210

it's a great attaction for all ages, and never seems to get old.

I still remember the Dining Room scene from when I was 12, and it is still fun to see. The two dueling guys in the portrait are a fave.

Also, hidden mickeys, and the banging/bulging doors make it creepy cool.

I do miss the old bride on the last door out with her haunting 'come again...'

SirGoofy

I could write a term paper on this topic.

The Haunted Mansion is the quintessential Disney dark ride. For starters, the outside sets the tone for the ride. Ghostly shapes fly past the windows of the old dilapidated house, as wolves howl and thunder claps in the background. Yet when you get up close to the Mansion, and see the tombstones laid out in front you realize that this will be not only a ride filled with 999 happy haunts, but a bit of a laugh as well.

The preshow also is something that isn't done anymore, a preshow with physical sets instead of screens. The stretch room is so iconic.

Then the ride. An AA filled masterpiece with some of WED's best effects work. There is nothing like it, including Grim Grinning Ghosts. It's a masterpiece on the highest level, the only thing at MK that comes close to touching it is the Jungle Cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom