Why do people seem to dislike It's a Small World?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Look at it this way: you pay a whole lot and wait forever to go on a little boat through singing puppets. HOWEVER it really is a classic.
Is it my favorite? No.
Do I have to do it every trip? Yup!

KingStefan

...Because it sucks and that damn song gets tsuck in your head for days.

It's so hard to argue with such an eloquent argument! :ROFLOL:

(a history buff who doesn't appreciate something that appeared in the NY World's Fair - I can go now, I've seen everything!)

CBug88

My family does the same thing (as I'm sure many people do)- picking out the different countries. I love passing the Greek characters (as my grandpa is from Greece :))

Mystic

I love IASW and it's a must do (at least once at minimum) for every trip. The only time I didn't go on it was the year it was being refurbished. My mom's cousin is coming on our trip in December and she went to DW for the first and only time so far the year IASW was being refurbed. She was really annoyed because it was the one ride she really wanted to go on. Needless to say we will be hitting IASW at least once on our next trip. As for the song, I don't find it annoying in the slightest, what annoys me is the constant repitition of Zip-a-dee-doo-dah that goes on day in and day out on the Disney Info channel. My mom and I walked into a store on Main Street on one trip and she practically bolted out of the store not 2 seconds later because they were playing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah and she'd had it after hearing it in the hotel room for 5 straight days.

Disneydr

Honestly, I think it is a mob mentality thing. It is kind of hip to hate IASW.

I am in your camp...I love the attraction and think it represents true Disney values.
I am not a person who's jumping in on a "mob mentality" as another poster suggested just because I hate IASW". I don't know anything about that. I realize some people love this ride, and that's okay. But I hate this ride simply because I find it extremely annoying, too repetitive and it drives me crazy. I stopped going on it years ago. I will say that when or if I ever have grandchildren I have no qualms and would take them on it if they want to ride it. I am willing to put aside my feelings for this ride and enjoy the time with them as I'm sure anyone who feel like me would do. I've never been a follower...it's just my opinion. To all who love this ride I can appreciate that, enjoy.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I am not a person who's jumping in on a "mob mentality" as another poster suggested just because I hate IASW". I don't know anything about that. I realize some people love this ride, and that's okay. But I hate this ride simply because I find it extremely annoying, too repetitive and it drives me crazy. I stopped going on it years ago. I will say that when or if I ever have grandchildren I have no qualms and would take them on it if they want to ride it. I am willing to put aside my feelings for this ride and enjoy the time with them as I'm sure anyone who feel like me would do. I've never been a follower...it's just my opinion. To all who love this ride I can appreciate that, enjoy.

Congratulations, from the time of the last posting until your reply you would have had sufficient time to raise a veritable horde of youngsters all clamoring to ride IASW.

Disneydr

Congratulations, from the time of the last posting until your reply you would have had sufficient time to raise a veritable horde of youngsters all clamoring to ride IASW.
No, no grands yet. But oh God, if and when the time comes I will do my duty...😊 Sorry I just registered on this site a few minutes ago.

DfromATX

Well you must like it enough to resurrect a 13 year old thread! How did you even find it? Just giving you a hard time and welcome to the WDW Magic family. ;)

Disneydr

Well you must like it enough to resurrect a 13 year old thread! How did you even find it? Just giving you a hard time and welcome to the WDW Magic family. ;)
Thanks... no problem. Honestly, I'm in a Disney group and we were asked to post gifs and or nice memes about our least favorite rides and that post came up under the memes I was looking at and it piqued my interest! I guess it is a little weird being that the original post is 13 years old.
😏😄😄

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You are correct. Since I posted my comment all three of my daughters have moved out, two have gotten married and I now have two grandkids with a third on the way.

And just FYI...they all love IASW. :)

Last edited:

MickeyCB

I'll join the 13 year old thread bump.
This is my granddaughter one month ago. Was absolutely mesmerized!
Worth the cost of the entire vacation!
IMG_5841.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom