Why do people seem to dislike It's a Small World?

dazzer68

the same way not everybody likes ice cream, or marmite, or disney or anything. some people like it some dont.
i love it and glad not everyone does, as think of the queues then!

Chezman1399

I can't stand It's a Small World. It's like an antique, that has been out done so long, yet never really improved itself. The only time I ever enjoyed it was when I was 5 and had never been on it before.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
royal-marines2.jpg

The UK pavilion holds off another assault by the Doll forces

Scooter

I think a lot of people SAY they hate It's a Small world, but in reality they LIKE it.

It's like when a big burley man rides a Moped...he has a blast riding it, but wouldn't want his friends to see him on it.:lookaroun

Thiger

I enjoy the ride
to me its comfort food.
I dont like to eat it often but once a year IASM rocks my world (and then repeatedly for the following few weeks)

Its charming and a tribute to all children working together for the common good

Disney_Belle

I love IASW, it was my grandmother's favorite attraction, she actually saw it at World's Fair when it debuted there, and immediately fell in love with it. She ended up having her second grade class do a play of it when she got home. And the song was the first song she taught me to play on the organ, we have a video of us playing it I was about 4 years old. Unfortunately she passed when I was 7, so IASW holds a special place in my heart.

I think its just the song, not so much the ride itself, that people can't stand.

Disney_Belle

the same way not everybody likes ice cream, or marmite, or disney or anything. some people like it some dont.
i love it and glad not everyone does, as think of the queues then!

Although when the infamous random Florida downpours happen, it seems to be quite a popular ride lol.

colleen2997

I love IASW! My family plays a game where we all guess at the different countries as we go by. Yes, they are stereotypical representations I guess, but still it teaches a little about the basic cultural clothing and traditions from around the world. I love the spinning sun, I think it is so cool to look at ! I love the colors of white, blue and gold at the entrance too! SO fun to look at.

The Empress Lilly

It's a world of laughter, a world or tears
It's a world of hopes, and a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

It's a small, small world

Etcetera
Etcetera
Etcetera

(Concept: grasped. :D)
That was funny. :lol:

Much as I love the ride, I think I can understand why people dislike it. Little stiff dolls + repetitive music. Me, the music gets me in a happy mood, and the more I hear it the happier I become. But if one does not 'get into' the song, it must be mind-boggingly annoying...:hammer:

sarabi

It's the song that repeats OVER AND OVER and also it seemed like a kinda long ride to me with not much excitement.
Kinda the same thing for me with Carousel of Progress although I know it gets a lot of love and is really cool mechanically. That song just kills me.

Vernonpush

Maybe if it was interactive more people would like it better. Add targets to the dolls, guns on the boats (like Buzz Lightyear) :shrug: .

:lookaroun
:lol:

BRER DAD

A little off topic, but does anyone know who, how or when they collect all the coins in the bottom of the ride? Just curious I guess.

floridatim

It's one of my favorite rides. I love it because it's a classic, the music instantly reminds me of Disney, it's cool and refreshing and a nice break from the heat. It is colorful with a ton to look at. I just get confused when Disneyfreaks like most everyone on here is, hates the ride because to me it is everything Disney represents.
i also love this ride, the first year i went the ride was shut i was very disappointed.

DisneyGigi

A little off topic, but does anyone know who, how or when they collect all the coins in the bottom of the ride? Just curious I guess.

Someone told me that they give it to charity when it is cleaned. I don't know where I heard that though. :shrug:

I don't hate the ride but I do not ride it more than once.If I miss it on a trip I am not going to be bummed out or anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom