Why do people seem to dislike It's a Small World?

Beuford

I think the ride is great. I first went on it twenty some years ago, and I still get the same feeling now that I did as a child. It's classic, timeless, and synonymous with Disney World. I love to watch the faces of children as they go through it. But, I enjoy all the classic rides, probably because it reminds me of how it was being a kid. I guess that's why I enjoy the World so much, it's like I never grew up.:p

It's a Small World is my favorite ride by far in Disneyworld. Everytime I go to Disney, I walk through MainStreet USA straight to it. There are many other rides I enjoy of course that may be more high tech, etc. but the feeling I get when I ride is cannot be equaled to any thing else. From the first time I rode it when I was a kid to now bringing my kids, it's such a simple beautiful ride. When I'm on that boat, gliding through the countries, it really makes me feel sentimental. I wave the guy goodbye before I go in and everything, lol. I have to pinch myself cause the whole time I'm thinking, wow, here I am, in the Magic Kingdom. It inspires me alot also because I wish the real world were like that ride, where we could all live in peace happily smiling and welcoming each and every one to our countries. All in all, I just love it. For those who don't, they are entitled to their opinion, but it'll be one less person on line in front of me!! :wave:

KingStefan

It's a Small World is my favorite ride by far in Disneyworld. Everytime I go to Disney, I walk through MainStreet USA straight to it. ...:wave:

I'm with you. We have a sort of family tradition at our early MK day: Space Mountain, Snow White, Peter Pan, then IASW. The only reason we go in that order is because of the relative speed the lines build. IASW is a definite must see for that morning grouping!

pjulie75

My 5 year old twin girls LOVE IT, just up their street, but after going on about 20 times last trip, husband and I were getting really aggitated:fork: as soon as we heard the song! It is one of those songs that you just can't get out of your head. Its torture. Classic ride, wouldn't miss it, but only in small doses.:ROFLOL:

MandyJ72

That song, once it gets in your head it just won't disappear!!

First time ever at Disney was in Paris when DD was 2 (now 13!) and we borrowed camcorder and DH decided to video the WHOLE ride - and flattened the battery completely!! DD was up dancing in the parade, on a float and everything with one of the princesses, but do we have any video footage, no we don't because the battery was flat!!!!

hokielutz

We make a point to ride it everytime we visit WDW. I love that it is classic Disney and really gets to the true values that he held.

But I don't think I could ride it over and over and over and over and over and over and over........ you get the point. I'm ok with the song, but what gets me is the long queue to get off the ride. You are staring at the same scene for what seems like 15 to 30 minutes and the same version of the song loops over and over. That can get a bit annoying and I understand that being a reason some are not liking IASW that much.

I don't think I will ever avoid the ride on purpose, unless we've already been on it during the current trip and still have other things to see and do.

kingslyZISSOU

to me, this ride is very enjoyable in moderation. I mostly like it for how classic it is, and memories of riding it when I was very young. walking down the entrance ramp is one of my favorite parts.

This, dream flight, jungle cruise, tiki room, and pirates were my favorite rides when I was little. I miss dream flight. Buzz is fun the first couple times, but to me it gets really old really fast.

anyways, Its a very classic attraction, but I can't ride it more than once in a day.

(i've never done drugs, but if i did (which i won't), Its a small world would be the place. Its pretty much a giant hippie fest.)

KingStefan

...This, dream flight, jungle cruise, tiki room, and pirates were my favorite rides when I was little. I miss dream flight. Buzz is fun the first couple times, but to me it gets really old really fast.

I never got to do dream flight, but I miss If You Had Wings!

What were the differences, if any?

Good for you on the drug thing, BTW.

kingslyZISSOU

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's because it's boring and that song is absolutely annoying. If Walt Disney lived long enough, I'm sure he would have replaced it long ago.

Why do people dislike Small World??

Because it sucks and that damn song gets stuck in your head for days.

The song is repetitive, but so is "Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho a pirates life for me," that's why it sticks in your head, not necessarily because it's a bad song.

I also come out of Country Bears singing "Blood on the Saddle". :shrug:
(but that's another ball of wax)

iheartdisney91

because its annoying and LONG.... i have to admit tho its really pretty inside but its freaky and... sorta funny in a tacky way. hahah

i like going on it to make my mom mad, she HATES it we are going to WDW in Aug. and already shes saying " im not going on IASM" hahah but we are gunna make her cuz its funny to watch her.... last time she had the whole back row to her self so she layed down. its was amusing :lol:

jmvd20

IASW is on my must ride list everytime we go to WDW. What I find most interesting is that most people say they do not like the ride at all. However the lines are always long, at least when we are there.

sbkline

I love Small World. And I don't find the music annoying at all. And for some reason, I always find myself looking for that green hippopotamus. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom