Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

I have been going from 1971. I am now a grand dad and see it from that view. Most of the rides I can still ride and the kids like to ride. The shows are the same way. Disney still has a lot for the young and older. I am not into thrill rides any more and that is most of UNI. However, it is clear that UNI is learning quickly. Sea World is good but not a place to repeat as it is mostly shows. With a Disney park I can count on a clean park with more than enough shows and rides to please most ages of the family and good food at slightly high prices. Some of the merchandise is even clever and unique. My only real problem with Disney parks is how to beat the crowds. We have adopted a rainy day strategy for this reason. They are hard to predict but it works. Yes there are things I could complain about but in all a Disney park still offers the best experience for the entire family. p.s. I also like the seasonal decorations and shows, wish there was more.

Matt_Black

It all started with a Mouse right? With animation right? If Disney cared about marketing Mickey, don't you think he would have been the star or AoA? The most coveted rooms?

In your example Mickey is a short and Frozen is the main attraction correct? Did movie goers go to see the short or Frozen? Will the box office reports list what the Mickey short delivered in reveue or Frozen box office receipts.

I'm betting it is all about the Princess. Thinking she is moving into the Stave Church, not Mickey.

Again, do I need to mention the Epic Mickey video game series? It ain't a princess that stars in that. As for the parks, he's the star of Fantasmic, the talking version of him is meeting in the Town Square Theater, quite possibly the first building you'll see upon entering Magic Kingdom, he meets in the other 3 parks, and of course, there's the hidden Mickeys. And that doesn't begin to account for the fact that he's the character most often featured on park merchandise.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Again, do I need to mention the Epic Mickey video game series? It ain't a princess that stars in that. As for the parks, he's the star of Fantasmic, the talking version of him is meeting in the Town Square Theater, quite possibly the first building you'll see upon entering Magic Kingdom, he meets in the other 3 parks, and of course, there's the hidden Mickeys. And that doesn't begin to account for the fact that he's the character most often featured on park merchandise.

Are you trying to make the point that Epic Mickey is bigger than the Princess Market? I'm not seeing Epic Mickey in the parks the same way I am the Princess Market. I'm not seeing Epic Mickey in the resort themes. I've seen Epic Mickey in the dollar stores and clearance bins.

If I am remembering correctly the Epic Mickey tanked with Junction and while Disney still holds the IP for Epic Mickey, Epic Mickey is kinda a days gone bye thing, like Mickey himself. Am I wrong, did Epic Mickey 3 ever launch or did that tank?

And as far as merchandise, how many boys do you see parading around the park daily dressed like MIckey vs girls like a princess?

FettFan

Nothing screams French Polynesia like Persian rugs and camels.

9qy4d5.jpg
Bit of a difference, as this is "Adventureland" and is also home to Castillo de Morro and the Congo River. It's a loose theme of adventure.

Astroworld put the Mayan Mindbender in a land called "Oriental Village" and also featured a Chinese Dragon roller coaster.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I was gonna debate you, but then I remembered that I'd much rather eat ice cream and listen to good music than drink excessively and listen to way-too-loud pop "music". Sometimes, if I'm feeling really wild, I'll even drink my Dr. Pepper with some root beer mixed in. I'm kind of a party animal like that.

Disneyhead'71

Bit of a difference, as this is "Adventureland" and is also home to Castillo de Morro and the Congo River. It's a loose theme of adventure.
Astroworld put the Mayan Mindbender in a land called "Oriental Village" and also featured a Chinese Dragon roller coaster.
While it is called Adventureland, the area where Aladdin's Flying Capets is was without a doubt themed to French Polynesia.
Adventureland is partitioned to different far off locals. Each one to establish a distinct place. The plaza in front of the The Enchanted Tiki Room is French Polynesia.

Goofyernmost

This post is a perfect example. Anytime there is a veiled insult attached, think like me or your are not intelligent the pot is stirred and you know you will be challenged. Look for it, it is right there.
Yea, you got me...old Mr. Veiled Insult himself. Believe what ever you want to believe, I will continue to express myself with words. If you choose to interpret it as an insult instead of a way of expression, go for it. However, if you put that partial sentence in with the rest of it, it could just be that it is taken out of context. You decide!

Tony Perkis

Best themeing anywhere.

The best themed attraction/land is at IOA. Potter.

Best food options anywhere.

Probably true.

Best ride, ToT.

Potter and Spidey are better.

Best resorts, Contemporary being my personal favorite but Coronado Springs is getting a good hold over me.

The Loews resorts at USF are better, and they come with substantially better perks than Disney resorts.

That feeling of getting away from the real world, for example, walking up to Epcot and hearing the music blaring, that's magic for me for some reason.

Universal does this just as well, if not more.

Reflections of Earth, nuff said.

Maybe. At this point, I'm getting last rides in while lines are ridiculously light.

Jimmy Thick- The bar was set and never surpassed by Disney.

Universal has passed Disney.

Tony Perkis

When somebody wants to state that the level of immersion is unsurpassed by anyone in the industry at Disney, all I need to point to is the excessive crowds and lines of strollers and karts on the walkways to dispute that fact. It's infuriating.

Disneyhead'71

I have been going from 1971. I am now a grand dad and see it from that view. Most of the rides I can still ride and the kids like to ride. The shows are the same way. Disney still has a lot for the young and older. I am not into thrill rides any more and that is most of UNI. However, it is clear that UNI is learning quickly. Sea World is good but not a place to repeat as it is mostly shows. With a Disney park I can count on a clean park with more than enough shows and rides to please most ages of the family and good food at slightly high prices. Some of the merchandise is even clever and unique. My only real problem with Disney parks is how to beat the crowds. We have adopted a rainy day strategy for this reason. They are hard to predict but it works. Yes there are things I could complain about but in all a Disney park still offers the best experience for the entire family. p.s. I also like the seasonal decorations and shows, wish there was more.
I have been going since '71 and am old enough to be a Grandpa. I still ride The Hulk regularly. Open water snorkel the Molasses Reef off of Key Largo. Drive my stick shift above the legal limit and listen to my music loud enough to off the conservative neighbors.
I plan on sliding sideways into the grave, cigarette in one hand, mai tai in the other saying "what a ride!"

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yea, you got me...old Mr. Veiled Insult himself. Believe what ever you want to believe, I will continue to express myself with words. If you choose to interpret it as an insult instead of a way of expression, go for it. However, if you put that partial sentence in with the rest of it, it could just be that it is taken out of context. You decide!

The question I might have is if everyone is intelligent enough, apparently, to know that this is troll activity why are you feeding the troll. If he indeed wanted a reaction, you have given it to him. Congratulations, good job! Unless someone has the ability to crawl into someone elses mind and, without a doubt, know what their intent was, it is just a guess.

Rule of thumb...if you think that a thread is just an effort to troll, walk away, do not respond in anyway to it. If you are correct, it will soon die off. There is no need to yell, "off with their heads". In the meantime, mind your own business. If you don't want to participate, don't participate. If others do, that is also none of your business. If your beliefs are not strong enough to hold up on their own merit, then perhaps trying to kill off an opposing view magnifies that situation. At any rate if one gets involved in a thread that they feel is "trolling" then that person is supporting the forum that they condemn. Again...good job!

Look again, I'm sure you will see it. The whole post isn't remotely kind or about the OP topic. That actually supports the stirring the pot for a reaction notion. It is difficult to be put in your place by another wearing a halo all the while they are going for your juggler.

So no it isn't that I parsed the quote, the entire post is riddled with it, if you take a look, it's right there for you to see.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
What? You don't want to get your ice cream from a store under the open legs of a frumpy cartoon character in a bathing suit?
Why is Disney better? That's like asking why is a charbroiled steak better than roadkill. The details, Disney takes the time to get it right.
Question: when were you last at Universal?
Edit:
Or Disney, for that matter?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom