Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Having issues with negativity?

Lets get back to basics and remember why Disney is and always will be king, at the expense of Universal and other smaller amusement parks of course.

Name some of the reasons you feel makes Disney the theme park king it truly is.

Here are some of mine.

Best themeing anywhere.

Best food options anywhere.

Best ride, ToT.

Best resorts, Contemporary being my personal favorite but Coronado Springs is getting a good hold over me.

That feeling of getting away from the real world, for example, walking up to Epcot and hearing the music blaring, that's magic for me for some reason.

Reflections of Earth, nuff said.

These are a few of mine, whats some of yours?

Jimmy Thick- The bar was set and never surpassed by Disney.

Tom

Beta Return
Why is Disney better?

It was first. It set the bar. Everyone else wants to mimic Disney (and they are).

WDW is a complete resort, offering everything you'd need during a vacation. It offers rides, shows and attractions for all ages - there's something for everyone to do.

And if you're not a thrill junkie, you can still enjoy the majority of the parks. I have serious problems with motion sickness, and having been to UO and IOA in recent history, I can say that there is no need for me to purchase admission to IOA again. Meanwhile, Disney has not saturated any of its parks with so many of these types of rides that it prevents large demographics from enjoying themselves.

Tom

Beta Return
Cars Land at DLR. If you haven't experienced it, you must. Nowhere else can you literally step into the actual movie. Sure, lots of places have tried (including Disney), but they're often condensed versions. Cars Land reminds us of what Disney should produce every single time they remodel or expand a park.

donaldtoo

Cars Land at DLR. If you haven't experienced it, you must. Nowhere else can you literally step into the actual movie. Sure, lots of places have tried (including Disney), but they're often condensed versions. Cars Land reminds us of what Disney should produce every single time they remodel or expand a park.

Thus the negativity. THEY DO NOT do what even you posted they should. They continue to dangle just enough carrot 'cause they know they've got enough "Guests" by the sentimental short and curlies.

Tom Morrow

Another thing that separates Disney from the Universal's and Six Flags of the world is the fact you don't have to pay for Fastpasses.

Jimmy Thick- Unless MM+ has a sinister ending...
Except that Disney's Fastpass system is a mess, even before Fastpass+, and is currently 10 times worse, and Disney's Fastpass is not an actual benefit but rather makes you jump through hoops to avoid the drastically artificially inflated standby lines that Fastpass itself created, and in the end you ride the same amount of attractions by utilizing Fastpass that you would be able to ride if Fastpass didn't exist, oh and also Universal and other parks charge for their service because it is a true "front of the line" perk and entitles you to EVERY ride and not limited to three per day or however many you run back and forth across the park to get, and by being an upcharge perk it means that they do NOT have to devote 80% or higher of their rides' capacity to the Express line, so the standby lines are not a frustratingly slow crawl....

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Except that Disney's Fastpass system is a mess, even before Fastpass+, and is currently 10 times worse, and Disney's Fastpass is not an actual benefit but rather makes you jump through hoops to avoid the drastically artificially inflated standby lines that Fastpass itself created, and in the end you ride the same amount of attractions by utilizing Fastpass that you would be able to ride if Fastpass didn't exist, oh and also Universal and other parks charge for their service because it is a true "front of the line" perk and entitles you to EVERY ride and not limited to three per day or however many you run back and forth across the park to get, and by being an upcharge perk it means that they do NOT have to devote 80% or higher of their rides' capacity to the Express line, so the standby lines are not a frustratingly slow crawl....

So if Disney offered a true front of the line pass for 30 dollars per park, per park mind you like Universal, you would support that?

Jimmy Thick- That free Fastpass sure looks pretty sexy now...

BryceM

So if Disney offered a true front of the line pass for 30 dollars per park, per park mind you like Universal, you would support that?

Included Express Pass when staying at Universal's Portofino Bay also sounds pretty darn sexy. Makes vacationing a breeze. Wake up when you want, walk to the parks, and do what you want on a whim. No dashing around frantically to Fast Pass this and that.

Granted, I do like both Disney's system and Universal's system. They both have their high and low points. :)

Tom Morrow

Sure, although 30 dollars for Epcot, DAK, and DHS, where each has only 3 or 4 rides where a Fastpass even really benefits you, would be a bit steep.

The point is that people love to throw the fact that Disney's Fastpass is free around without really understanding the difference. Instead it becomes "Disney cares about us, the customer! They give us Fastpass for free! Evil Universal CHARGES for theirs!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom