Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have to disagree with that a little. It used to be that way with the CM's vs. TM's at Uni, but when I was there last January...wow, what a difference. The old Disney spirit was there and not so much at Disney. Might have been just the luck of timing, but, from the ones I spoke to...it is more then just a job to them.
If the company you worked for seemed hell bent on creating systems that you will (as a front line CM) get questioned about, complained to about, and yelled at in general, as if it's your fault...you wouldn't be so happy either.

Disney Execs really should look up "synergy" in the dictionary to see what the word really means.

Goofyernmost

If the company you worked for seemed hell bent on creating systems that you will (as a front line CM) get questioned about, complained to about, and yelled at in general, as if it's your fault...you wouldn't be so happy either.

Disney Execs really should look up "synergy" in the dictionary to see what the word really means.
Sad, but, probably true!

The Empress Lilly

Draybook said:
True, Jimmy has the right to speak his mind. Just as people have the right to consider it trolling and request that it be looked in to.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall to the death defend your right to say it...and simultaneously my right to prevent you from saying it" - Draytaire.
:D

Sure, everybody has a right to ask that Jimmy's post 'WDW beats UNI' is looked into. Just as much as they have the right to ask that an investigation is started about Lisa_1999's post 'I love the Mermaid ride, do you love it too?"
So sure, in theory people have a right to ask that Jimmy on the fan forum of the world's most popular theme park resort is no longer allowed to say that this resort is the best, but in practise, I think that is inane.

As for calling somebody a troll, that is not just an offensive insult, but also putting oneself on the moderator's chair, and should therefore be used with utmost restraint. For one, if the mods disagree, you have not just insulted another member, but the moderators too who then apparantly do not do their job properly. But mostly, it is best avoided because it creates a hostile environment, one as miserable as risible, of grown-ups yelling insults at each other over differing opinions about theme parks. :banghead: :confused:

luv

I missed the people calling for the thread to be closed. Jimmy has as much right to post his one zillionth thread about how he thinks Disney is better than Uni as the rest of us do to post our threads.

Jimmy remains wrong, of course. Disney isn't better than Uni. But he can post his threads, too. :)

Runmyhorse

Trolling is a Internet term used to describe someone looking to cause trouble in a forum. I have stated previously that was the op intentions. It was obvious from the title right down to the end. There are tons of other topics started about the same thing. He himself even gets on certain topics and makes comments like this has alrdy been discussed look it up. His intentions were to get people uo in arms. Like I said a ing contest as you will about uni and wdw. he himself has commented on several topics about whats the better park and knows all to well how the others act. Im in no way trying to be mean but stating my opinion.

WDW1974

I missed the people calling for the thread to be closed. Jimmy has as much right to post his one zillionth thread about how he thinks Disney is better than Uni as the rest of us do to post our threads.

Jimmy remains wrong, of course. Disney isn't better than Uni. But he can post his threads, too. :)

I don't know about that (and this post will probably disappear for me saying so). But the title of the thread is designed to provoke an online flame war between Disney fans, UNI fans and folks like myself who enjoy both and find plenty of things they both do well and things they don't.

I do know that I attacked the premise of the thread and the troll-like nature of it because I absolutely do not think Disney offers a higher caliber product in its Florida parks than UNI does and my post and a good 6-10 others disappeared.

I haven't come back to the thread since and I only came because I saw that you had the newest post on any thread and wanted to see what the trainwreck had become.

My issue is that Jimmy is provided an awfully long leash, much like another JT once was before his schtick got old and he became irrelevant and basically stopped posting, and if he is going to post provocative threads to stir the pot than others should be allowed to come in and say he is basically full of it.

But I don't intend to stay in this thread, although I sincerely hope my post does. I do think many folks on this forum who I don't always agree with add value to the place with intelligent, articulate arguments. Jimmy would fall into another category, but he is a premium member so he is paying to be here.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I don't know about that (and this post will probably disappear for me saying so). But the title of the thread is designed to provoke an online flame war between Disney fans, UNI fans and folks like myself who enjoy both and find plenty of things they both do well and things they don't.

I do know that I attacked the premise of the thread and the troll-like nature of it because I absolutely do not think Disney offers a higher caliber product in its Florida parks than UNI does and my post and a good 6-10 others disappeared.

I haven't come back to the thread since and I only came because I saw that you had the newest post on any thread and wanted to see what the trainwreck had become.

My issue is that Jimmy is provided an awfully long leash, much like another JT once was before his schtick got old and he became irrelevant and basically stopped posting, and if he is going to post provocative threads to stir the pot than others should be allowed to come in and say he is basically full of it.

But I don't intend to stay in this thread, although I sincerely hope my post does. I do think many folks on this forum who I don't always agree with add value to the place with intelligent, articulate arguments. Jimmy would fall into another category, but he is a premium member so he is paying to be here.
So in short, another member is full of excrement and the mods here are corrupt and bought?

And you say it is the op who is trolling....?

Come on mate. Take a step back, take a deep breath, get zen. Try not to lose a sense of proper perspective.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I prefer Disney World and ask no one to post in any thread I start except the people who wish to read it and contribute, if that's too much for people to understand and for some reason actually liking WDW for what it is seems to upset people, hey, that's for those people to figure out. I hold absolutely no grudges, do not waste my time insulting people and ignore no one due to the fact everyones opinion is valid.

Speaking of which, back to topic.

Another in my long laundry list of reasons Disney is a superior product is what I like to call the killer app effect. A killer app is usually something that makes a technology viable, like gaming systems for example. Once Nintendo dropped the Mario games on the world, they had their killer app.

Disney's killer app is the magic. The magic you feel just driving from the airport, hitting the entrance, seeing DTD and the parks, getting to your resort. You can't buy that one of a kind feeling, that magic. You don't get it anywhere else because it can't be cultivated. Disney owns it. Others try, but don't get. Its simple, but it's different for each and every person in the World who go there.

Jimmy Thick- Since 2007, and many years to come!!!

WDW1974

So in short, another member is full of excrement and the mods here are corrupt and bought?

And you say it is the op who is trolling....?

Come on mate. Take a step back, take a deep breath, get zen. Try not to lose a sense of proper perspective.

Hey, Empress, come off your holier-than-thou horse and the need to come to the aid of every troll this site has, even if you do it while drunk for blanks and giggles (not saying you do, but it would explain so much).

Yes, I do believe the OP is full of excrement, even if I never said so (perhaps you think so inside?) You must be a mind reader. I'm not even convinced the OP believes half of what he posts. I think quite a bit of the rational, intelligent members of the community feel likewise.

And don't put words in my mouth about the mods. I simply said he was a premium member and pays to be here. I don't believe I have ever seen a premium member kicked off the boards.

Perhaps, you can write an ode to Pixieduster, mrudolf, CountryBearFan/DisneyPhilip, PattyMelt, Conundrum and any other trolls we've had around ...

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Hey, Empress, come off your holier-than-thou horse and the need to come to the aid of every troll this site has, even if you do it while drunk for blanks and giggles (not saying you do, but it would explain so much).

Yes, I do believe the OP is full of excrement, even if I never said so (perhaps you think so inside?) You must be a mind reader. I'm not even convinced the OP believes half of what he posts. I think quite a bit of the rational, intelligent members of the community feel likewise.

And don't put words in my mouth about the mods. I simply said he was a premium member and pays to be here. I don't believe I have ever seen a premium member kicked off the boards.

Perhaps, you can write an ode to Pixieduster, mrudolf, CountryBearFan/DisneyPhilip, PattyMelt, Conundrum and any other trolls we've had around ...
One man's troll is another man's living, breathing human being at the receiving end of the insults. Call me old-fashioned, but I was raised in an era before yelling insults from an anonymous account was the norm. And yes, I will stand up for my fellow man, be it a kid bullied in the schoolyard, or a woman harassed on the subway, or a respected member of an online community. I just want some respect, I think a Disney site can do without nastiness, whether from CountryBear, PattyMelt or you. Again, in just a single post you (openly or veiled) insult me for being drunk, Jimmy Thick for being full of excrement, this website's owner for corrupt double standards, and PixieDustmaker for being a troll. Respect and decorum, my dear Spirit, this is a family Disney forum, not WWIII (or the set of HoneyBooBoo!).

Matt_Black

One man's troll is another man's living, breathing human being at the receiving end of the insults. Call me old-fashioned, but I was raised in an era before yelling insults from an anonymous account was the norm. And yes, I will stand up for my fellow man, be it a kid bullied in the schoolyard, or a woman harassed on the subway, or a respected member of an online community. I just want some respect, I think a Disney site can do without nastiness, whether from CountryBear, PattyMelt or you. Again, in just a single post you (openly or veiled) insult me for being drunk, Jimmy Thick for being full of excrement, this website's owner for corrupt double standards, and PixieDustmaker for being a troll. Respect and decorum, my dear Spirit, this is a family Disney forum, not WWIII (or the set of HoneyBooBoo!).

Can we link to gifs here on the board? Because THIS deserves the Citizen Kane clapping gif.

Goofyernmost

The question I might have is if everyone is intelligent enough, apparently, to know that this is troll activity why are you feeding the troll. If he indeed wanted a reaction, you have given it to him. Congratulations, good job! Unless someone has the ability to crawl into someone elses mind and, without a doubt, know what their intent was, it is just a guess.

Rule of thumb...if you think that a thread is just an effort to troll, walk away, do not respond in anyway to it. If you are correct, it will soon die off. There is no need to yell, "off with their heads". In the meantime, mind your own business. If you don't want to participate, don't participate. If others do, that is also none of your business. If your beliefs are not strong enough to hold up on their own merit, then perhaps trying to kill off an opposing view magnifies that situation. At any rate if one gets involved in a thread that they feel is "trolling" then that person is supporting the forum that they condemn. Again...good job!

Disneyhead'71

There is no doubt in my mind that the specific intent of this thread is trolling. I have only responded once and that was to another member and have not and will not engage Mr. Thick again on this topic.

Goofyernmost

Not that I disagree or agree with that quote Empress or with Goofy, but I don't understand the point of calling someone a "coward" for using the ignore feature when we're all strangers posting behind a computer monitor or tablet screen. There's really no form of bravery attached to randomly posting our thoughts on a message board when the recipient(s) are most likely people that we will never meet in person. Even if you met them would you slap them with a glove and challenge them to a duel?

True, Jimmy has the right to speak his mind. Just as people have the right to consider it trolling and request that it be looked in to.
It's internal. It's the I cannot deal with someone that isn't the same as me, doesn't see things the way I do, dismisses another as being a lesser being with an opinion that shouldn't be considered legitimate, etc. So instead of lining up our ducks and logically countering their positions we chose to mechanically ignore them. Seems like the cowards way out to me, especially seeing as how we have the ability to do the same thing by simply ignoring the comments. No mechanical/technical help required. To me it's a form of elitism and basically the same as sticking our fingers in our ears and saying "la la la la la...I can't hear you", instead of saying, I can hear you, but, I disagree and here's why!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Best themed area anywhere bar none is World Showcase in Epcot. This is Disney at its best and the blue print of how to do theming right. I also find Boardwalk to be extremely charming and themed appropriate.

Jimmy Thick- Creating standards and taking names.

BryceM

I find Islands of Adventure's Port of Entry to be one of the best themed lands around. I know not everyone feels the same as I do, which is fine, but I just feel a very special tingle inside of me as I cross the bridge from CityWalk and into the Port of Entry. The music changes drastically to that soft tingle and you can hear the Hulk roar in the distance. Then the way the music transitions through the different parts of the land, and seems to climax as you pass under the final bridge and you have a view of the all of the different islands around the lagoon.

The architecture is also so whimsical and unique and I love all the little Easter eggs throughout the land itself! It just inspires so much whimsy and a sense of adventure... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom