Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Jim Chandler

UNI and WDW are different but similar.
You can do Uni in one day. WDW you will need 5 minimum to do it all.
IoA is more suited to thrill riders. Universal is the kids area with a few thrills thrown in.
WDW has the 4 parks that are combination thrill and standard. You also have two water parks & WWoS.

Then Downtown Disney soon to be Springs has it all over what Uni has and will even be that much better in 2 or 3 years.
As for hotels WDW has way more options to stay on property. From All Star Sports up to the Grand Floridian Club Level and everything in between.

WDW has far more options for the whole family for everything. It also has far more property to do even more over the next few years.
UNI must remove and replace to put in new stuff thus losing some favorites of UNI fans.

Now there are UNI fans and WDW fans and never shall they agree

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm a fan of both. Disney has more potential than Universal will ever have and is my first "love", but, currently, Uni is kicking Disney's behind solidly in my book, as well as most serious theme park enthusiasts'.

I'm a fan of both. Disney has more potential than Universal will ever have and is my first "love", but, currently, Uni is kicking Disney's behind solidly in my book, as well as most serious theme park enthusiasts'.
Why shouldn't "fans" agree? Universal, now in it's glory, is being led by former Disney imagineers ... Meaning Universal is basically Disney anyway.

What's with the corporate cheerleading? Do we also have Wal-Mart lovers here???

BryceM

IOA was designed by many former Disney Imagineers. The Dueling Dragons concept and the Merlinwood section of the park was carried over from the dropped plans of Beastly Kingdom.

It's a shame that Merlinwood is no longer there, as well as what the Dueling Dragons used to be.

Jim Chandler

Every ride but not all attractions. Based upon this you could do Uni and IoA in 6 hours.
Not Mickey Philharmonic, Hall of Presidents, The WD exhibit, the build your own roller coaster in Inoventions or anything in there, Captain EO/Honey I shrunk the audience. neither water park, no WWoS, shall I go on.
How much enjoyment was involved? Just two guys no kids no wives,
I stand by my post need 5 days minimum

BryceM

Every ride but not all attractions. Based upon this you could do Uni and IoA in 6 hours.
Not Mickey Philharmonic, Hall of Presidents, The WD exhibit, the build your own roller coaster in Inoventions or anything in there, Captain EO/Honey I shrunk the audience. neither water park, no WWoS, shall I go on.
I can't do both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in 6 hours... Dang. That's way too short. I'd probably have to skip things such as Poseidon's Fury, exploring Camp Jurassic, Universal's Horror Make-Up Show, T2:3D, E.T. Adventure (no single rider, usually a long process to queue), Disaster! etc. I guess if you were only interested in hitting every single E-Ticket and had an unlimited Express Pass and/or used Single Rider lines.

Captain Chaos

Really????

I need 3 days to take it all in for Universal/IOA... Meanwhile, I can do WDW in 3 days as well... 1 day for MK, 1 day for Epcot, 1 day for DAK/DHS... That's three days... 2 parks in 3 days compared to 4 parks in 3 days... WDW loses on that one...

Last edited:

FettFan

Not true.

I'd hate to be a killjoy but....by omitting all the shows except for CoP, he did not "do it all", as stated by @Jim Chandler.

Also.....he didn't actually complete Epcot.
49850264.jpg

Bazinga.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
When somebody wants to state that the level of immersion is unsurpassed by anyone in the industry at Disney, all I need to point to is the excessive crowds and lines of strollers and karts on the walkways to dispute that fact. It's infuriating.

Disney World also has much much more traffic than most other amusement parks combined, what do you expect? If you don't think going to WDW you are not going to see strollers or huge crowds,( psst, its because they have the superior product), I have some swampland to sell you.

Jimmy Thick- Um, really now?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
IoA is more suited to thrill riders. Universal is the kids area with a few thrills thrown in.
WDW has the 4 parks that are combination thrill and standard. You also have two water parks & WWoS.

Then Downtown Disney soon to be Springs has it all over what Uni has and will even be that much better in 2 or 3 years.
As for hotels WDW has way more options to stay on property. From All Star Sports up to the Grand Floridian Club Level and everything in between.

WDW has far more options for the whole family for everything. It also has far more property to do even more over the next few years.
UNI must remove and replace to put in new stuff thus losing some favorites of UNI fans.

If you stay on property at Universal, you can easily and leisurely do both parks in about 5 six hours, as long as you hit the Potter area after 6pm, when it becomes a ghost town. I can completely vouch this is true. If you stay off property, and if you do go to Universal, its foolish not to stay on property, I have no clue how long it would take.

I would say, if going leisurely, you could do a park a day at WDW, if you could the water parks, which deserve mention because they are the best in Florida, that would add another day, so your 5 day theory is valid.

Jimmy Thick- Both Universal parks and Wet and Wild? Still can all be done in a day, with a nice nap thrown in.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I love when "he" completely ignores any fact based pro-Universal statements. I don't see how anyone on the site can take him seriously.

Provide any of these "so-called" pro Universal facts that are not based upon opinion or personal preference please.

Jimmy Thick- Funny thing about facts...

draybook

Provide any of these "so-called" pro Universal facts that are not based upon opinion or personal preference please.

Jimmy Thick- Funny thing about facts...

Well, for starters you had a good laugh about the Honey Boo Boo photo at Universal but I notice you didn't say anything when I posted the photos of them at WDW. So it's okay to insinuate that Universal caters to "their kind" but when it's shown that WDW does too I notice you (and other pixie inhalers) have nothing to say.....

I would go on but I'm not going to waste my lunch hour on you. I'm now remembering why I put you on ignore.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Well, for starters you had a good laugh about the Honey Boo Boo photo at Universal but I notice you didn't say anything when I posted the photos of them at WDW. So it's okay to insinuate that Universal caters to "their kind" but when it's shown that WDW does too I notice you (and other pixie inhalers) have nothing to say.....

I would go on but I'm not going to waste my lunch hour on you. I'm now remembering why I put you on ignore.

Provide me a link where I "insinuated" or had a good laugh at anything you described?

Please.

Jimmy Thick- Will wait patiently, even through your lunch break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom