Who's Who on WDWmagic

mpoppins76

Okay, I'll give this a shot:

I'm Jenny, a thirty-something mom from east central Ohio. I have loved Disney all my life, but was never able to actually visit WDW until November of 2006. DH and I have been married almost 17 years, and we have two children: our daughter will be 11 in May, and our son is six. We have properly encouraged Disney fanaticism in them. :lol:
My days are spent taking the kids to school, working with our elementary school's PTG and in my spare time (yeah right :rolleyes:) attempting to turn pieces of clay into something recognizable - hence my screen name. I also spend much time planning for our next trip to WDW, which will be this June at the Ft Wilderness campgrounds. :sohappy: Here's a pic of DD and I with my two favorite characters from the Jungle Book:
DSCN0174_3_.JPG
:eek: Jenny!!! All this time and this is the first I've "seen" you!

:kiss::kiss:

jeffb

To the trained eye, it would appear that Expo Seeker was seeking an expo, and in a quest for peace through understanding, he had someone take a photo of him kneeling down atop the long-neglected mosaic map floor on the site of the ruins of the New York State pavilion at the 1964 World's Fair in Flushing Meadows.

Is that right, Mr Expo Seeker?
:drevil:

Did you have to dodge any falling glass from the stained-glass roof? Or is it all gone now?

*cough*unisphere*cough*
:lookaroun

I had a hunch that it was Corona Park. Jackie, you would have been the person I would have asked to confirm it.

I thought I had recently read that NYC finally realized that the map is a treasure and that they have or are in the process of restoring some of the sections? Jackie or Expo Seeker - is this the case?

k.hunter30

I'm Mary, married mother of three grown WDW fans. I hope to never be on tape, odds are good cause I don't steal! I live in Indy too, Lawrence township area. I am an IU grad :), love the Colts too and I cheer for IU and whoever plays PU :p. No pictures to post, I am the one behind the camera!
I have to jump in...
I'm a Butler graduate :wave:
Go Colts!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the cute little boy in my avatar is my son Tommy. He is a souvenir from our first anniversary trip in Oct. 04.

Hello Friends! I'm Caitie (or Caitlin, or Cait, I'm not very picky). I'm going to be 20 in a month, and I'm a sophomore at Cornell University. I'm majoring in Human Development (child development/psychology) and minoring in African studied (I can speak swahili!). I haven't been to WDW lately, and my parents make me feel guilty about it. If it weren't for my insane tuition, wed be there a lot more. Its been almost 3 years since we went together.

I worked at my local disney store for a few years, until the wicked witch became store manage (another story for another time). I live on Long Island riiiight next to Queens. Other than Disney I'm into music, harry potter and the new york mets.

heres me on my trip with my best friend summer of 06
IMG_03221.JPG

mpoppins76

:wave:I'm Stephanie....31 (scary, I actually had to think about it for a second:eek:). Grew up in Nebraska, now live out in Jersey working in big, bad NYC.
I swear I was born w/ Disney in my blood, it runs in my family. In 3rd grade, we had to do an "about me" project and when asked what my biggest dream/goal was, mine was to dance at WDW someday. Sophmore year of college I did CP, auditioned while I was down there, and went back the following 3 summers and danced as a "friend" in a show...I'd finally reached my goal. :)
For awhile I was able to go back every year after that, but life has happened and now my visits are further spaced out. Here's a pic of my fiance (his very first trip down there, a requirement before I would say "yes" to any question he may ask me :lookaroun :king:), with me and my boys. :)

My_boys.JPG

Expo_Seeker40

Students from the University of Pennyslavania were given permission to restore 5 tiles of the eastern section of Long Island. Hopefully more grant money can be given to restore as much of the map as possible. It is in horrible condition.

The restored tiles are on view at the Queens Museum of Art from now until May.

*I didn't think anyone was gonna know where I was* :hammer:

brkgnews

Students from the University of Pennyslavania were given permission to restore 5 tiles of the eastern section of Long Island. Hopefully more grant money can be given to restore as much of the map as possible. It is in horrible condition. The restored tiles are on view at the Queens Museum of Art from now until May.

I'm glad something is being done... both the fairs were real treasures, and it's good to see that some parts are being cared for. At least we still have the Unisphere. Since the Perisphere and Trylon were made of Gypsum board, they were decaying before the fair ended... and in a move that made irony choke on its own vomit, the metal insde them was used to make ordanance for the war effort.

I had wondered how you got in... I had read they had pretty much blockaded the area off since everything was falling apart from bird droppings exposure (seriously... very acidic over time). But I wasn't going to fault you if you had taken certain... liberties :lookaroun ... to get the photo.

*I didn't think anyone was gonna know where I was* :hammer:

*Looks nonchalantly at his avatar and whistles* :D

Chape19714

Hi, I'm chape (Randy) and I don't think I've ever eaten a fish...:lookaroun

Except in England...and Magic Kingdom...And DHS...And hotels...:lol:

I'm the one on the right (In case you need clarification)

DisneyGigi

Really neat to put a face with the posts..

I am She (everyone calls me that) I am turning 29 for the 6th year in a row. :lookaroun

I am Mom to two wonderful children and the wife of one awesome husband that happily indulges in my Disney craze.

Besides Family & Disney I love to cook, warm weather, the lake & the beach.

I have been to WDW 4 times and DL once. We are going again in September for 10 days.

DD & me
DisneyPhotoImage102-2.jpg

KaliSplash

Hi, I'm Jack. And I'm really going to have to figure out have to post a picture. But then of course, I'd have to find a picture.

Made first visit in 1979 with ny GF (now wife of 28 years) and was overwhelmed. (I hadn't been excited about going, not being a roller coaster nut). But these people trimmed their hedges into the shapes of Disney characters! Or so it seemed. There were some other details I noticed.
Anyway, we've been back pretty much at least once a year since then. Both sons (now 20 and 22) made their first trip well before their 1st birthday.

MK is favorite park, Splash Mountain is favorite ride and the Main Street Electrical Parade is my favorite parade.

We haven't made it down since 2005 and it's about to kill me. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

SpongeScott

I'm Scott, 46, west coast of Florida.

Made my first trip to WDW in 1972, went about 25 times over the next 6 years. Got burned out on it right before Epcot opened, vowing to never go back until I had kids old enough to enjoy it.

Went back in 1998 (kids were 9 and 6), started going regularly in 2001. Moved back to Florida in 2005 from North Alabama, have been quite often since we moved back, but are currently in a self-imposed hiatus while our daughter gets her teeth straightened (tough choice....Mickey or braces).

Ran in the half-marathon in January, will be going to Disneyland in August for the first time to run in their half-marathon.

HUGE sports fan....Seminoles, Rays, Yankees, Bucs, and Lakers.

Here's me and the Mrs. at the marathon last year.

162807.jpg

lcsrig

HI ALL!!
I'm Lauren. I live in Houma, LA and I'm a first grade teacher. I went to WDW in 1975 at the tender age of 3! I remember my dad holding me for 45 minutes to ride Space Mountain, back before restrictions. I went 2 more times growing up then went to college.
My first trip with my family, hubby and son(9), was in 2003. We had a blast and have been back every year since! When we got back from this trip, my hubby started saying we had to go somewhere else for 2009. SO I became a
Disney Travel Agent so I can go without him!

disneydudette

My name's Jessica and I'm currently living in North Carolina but originally from Boston, MA. My accent gets me in a lot of "trouble" around here and of course in Disney. When asking a CM about the "Pirate and Princess Party"... it apparently sounded like "Pirate and Princess pahtty (potty)" and I was given directions to the nearest restroom with a "what a cute naming idea!" comment :cool:

We've been guests since the late 80s and I refuse to stay off property or rent a car. I like being surrounded by the magic 24/7... it's not a true disney vacation without it. First time at the GF next week with my boy friend and while I'm not the "princess" type... we're looking for it! I'm going through an "omg I love the AK" right now, Astro Orbitor is my guilty pleasure, and for some reason the 4yos can always beat me on Buzz.

We're very laid back vacationers and hate looking like tourists. We're "people" persons... and always seem to strike up conversations with line neighbors and CMs. We go to Disney under the mentality that these people will never see us again, and it's "ok" to enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

Besides Disney Parks, my other major "loves" including coaching/playing ice hockey, my dogs Bear "call me Bruschi" and Bauer "call me boo", and the ocean.

My mom and I often go to Disney together. She jokes that she took care of me for the first 18 years, so I take care of her for the next 18. She prefers her "care" in the form of Disney trips :rolleyes:
momandme.jpg

Me had an entire M:S "cabin" to ourselves, so here's me preparing for the rolls (complete with popcorn...)
MissionSpaceSalute.jpg

My #1 lil' man
d0cd3fc3.jpg

An older picture of my Disney Parks/attractions shot glass collection
111_1102.jpg

One of many, many, many hockey tournaments
hockey.gif

DicksonGR

Well I'll chime in ....

I'm Garry from Glasgow in Scotland. I'm 23. My first trip was with my family back in 2000 and I've been back every year bar one since then. I just can't get enough.

I m currently studying a BA in Electronic Business at Glasgow Caledonian University. In my spare time away from surfing this very website, I enjoy playing golf and I am a big fan of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

My favourite Resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge, favourite ride is Everest, favourite Fireworks display is Illuminations and my favourite restaurant is Le Cellier.

Now on to the picture ... From left to right is David (one of my friends), then ME, then then on the far right is my lovely girlfriend Anne.
DSCN2940.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom