Who's Who on WDWmagic

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'm Laura - and that is my REAL name. (Crazy right?) I used to be Laura22 back when I was 22, but now I'm 26 so I really could be Laura26, but decided I better just drop the age at the end of the screen name thing altogether in case I ever get older.
i will never drop the 007 from my name. long story on how i got it, but im keeping it. :animwink:

Nemo14

I'm Betty (or Fishy or FishyAnn) and I'm from RI. I'm a soon-to-be-re-employed math teacher married to a soon-to retire math teacher. I've been going to WDW since there was only the MK, and I went to DL twice as a kid. I have 2 grown children, a daughter who teaches science in New Hampshire and a son who's a freshman at Hofstra University on Long Island. I have 2 14- year-old dogs (a Golden Retriever and a Lab/Springer Spaniel mix, and 2 cats named Thelma and Louise). I hope to move to FL eventually and work at the Dole Whip stand.

DSCN0355_Medium_.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you don`t know me, I`m Martin from the UK. Yes, I know, I believe marni is a females name in the US - long story and not gender related! I`m also known for making the odd park video. It seems I met half of you last October, for those I didn`t:
IMG_2299.JPG

(I`m not Jim McPhee)

Grab me and say hello in July if you see me (or next month if you`re at DLP!) :D

Matpez

Well, this is the place to be!

Hi, I'm Matt! :wave:

I went with my family to WDW once in 1992 (I was 14).

I liked it, Figment was by far my favorite character.

Not yet obsessed.

Then nothing until 2003. I went with my then girlfriend and had an absolute blast!

Somewhere around 2004 I began trying to research what this new Space thingy at Epcot was going to be, and that's when I found wdwmagic.

Obsession began.

Married in 2005 (to same GF from 2003) we honeymooned at WDW for 9 days!

LOVED IT!

Decided another week was in order in 2006.

Decided to move to Florida (both lifelong New Yorkers)

Got APs in September 2006!

Officially Obsessed.

On October 1st, 2007 I got to combine my favorite things, video production, Epcot and Figment!

Way Obsessed!

IMG_0987.JPG

:wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

Nice to "meet" you all! :wave:

Here goes:

I'm Diana, 27, and I currently live in Buffalo, NY. Twice now I've had job interviews and an offer in Orlando, yet it never seems to work out. Alas, I'm still here and recovering from surgery last week to repair a hernia (not fun).

I am finishing my master's in PR here in Buffalo, and completed my BA in English (I once thought about pursuing a PhD...every once in awhile I still think about it). I have two cats, Marie and Oliver (yes, my cats are named after Disney characters :D). I am a huge sports fan, with my passion being the New York Yankees. I am also a huge Bills and Sabres fan. I am obsessed with Lost, The Office, and Dancing With the Stars.

I grew up watching Disney movies and the Disney Channel, so there was no official "start" to my obsession. My first trip was in 1986, when I was 5. I went with my parents, older sister, and twin brother.

I've been a WDW passholder since 2004 (with a gap last year since I was broke)....my most memorable visit was probably in 1996 on my high school band trip. We performed in EPCOT and visited Blizzard Beach soon after it opened. My brother and I were both in the band, and we hadn't been to WDW since 1990, which felt like forever to us. I have great memories of him and I being home alone, and him blasting his CD with music from the parks. I can still hear him when I am in the American Adventure, "And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you..." Good times :eek:

I also visited DLP with my twin brother in January 2005. I hadn't slept in 3 days so I didn't get to make the most of it (I was seriously out of it), but it was still cool. My goal is to get back there, and make it to every Disney park (you never know).

My first visit to DL was in 2002, when I realized it really was cheaper than going to WDW (I am the master of airfare, and have never paid more than $225 to fly from Buffalo to LAX, plus, I paid like $150 for 4-day hoppers). I was there most recently in April 2006, on a trip I won as a grand prize of the Happiest Celebration on Earth contest from McDonald's (seriously!).

I am still planning on become a resident of Central Florida and getting out of Buffalo....hopefully in a year or so (I now have to stabilize financially before I can do anything). I'm planning a trip to WDW in August with my parents and sister (hopefully my brother and his BF can make it too...they live in the Boston area), which I am very excited about.

2005 and 2006 were my most WDW-dense years :lol: I really got the most out of my AP those years (plus, I went to DL for New Year's 2006 and then the trip I won a few months later). I went to WDW 10 times over that span, plus my two trips to DL. Now you see why I need to financially stabilize!

Guess that's it...I realize I kind of rambled, but that's probably from the remaining pain meds in my system :D. Here's some visuals:

Clarabelle.jpg

Me and Clarabelle in January 2007.

Me.jpg

Why don't they make these sunglasses anymore? Mine broke, and I miss them! I used to get so many compliments on them...

CrazyViolaGuy

Im Mike, 22 years old from Atlanta, so about 7 hours from the World if I drive at my insane pace.

Ive been a longtime lurker and haven't posted much. I finally gave in last fall and got an account.

I love Epcot and Tomorrow Land at MK. As much as I love the Contemporary, id have to say Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite resort. My favorite ride overall would have to be Splash Mountain. My favorite table service is Coral Reef or perhaps the Concourse Steak House.

Other than that, I love music, I play Viola, Violin, and Guitar. I'm a certified Disney fanatic. Im a History major at West Georgia and I've been sober since this morning... And here is my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/crazyviolaguy

Im the one in the middle between my awesome younger brothers,
Disney.jpg

Jekyll_Baker

Hi, I'm Carl. I'm a pastry chef on Jekyll Island, Georgia (hence the screen name "Jekyll_Baker"). A fairly recent Disney convert and now full-fledged Disney nut/freak.

First trip to WDW was July 1976 with the family (I was 9). Strangely, we would visit my grandparents at least once a year, only 30-40 miles from WDW, but we only went to Disney once while I was a "kid".

Went again a couple times in the early 80's with school groups - the more memorable of the two was with the high school band in April '83. We marched in the MK parade one day and then spent the day in the 6-month old EPCOT Center the next day. I loved Epcot from just that one day trip.

Fourth trip to Disney World was in November 1986 (me, a sophomore at Georgia Tech, so no longer a "kid") with the family again for about a day and a half at Epcot and another day at SeaWorld. Since I was still a teen and a bit cynical, at the time I much preferred Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and the rest of the Warner Bros. characters over Disney toons.

Almost 17 years later, in September 2003, I decided to take a long week away from work and went to WDW solo for 8 days, just to go somewhere out of town. Checked into WL (which is still my favorite deluxe resort), then went to spend an hour or two at MK (it closed at 6pm that day I think). The moment I started walking down Main Street, I got a grin on my face that couldn't be wiped off, and I hadn't even gone on any attraction at that point. I pretty much turned into a convert that fast that day. About 2 months later, I bought myself an AP for my birthday and have been 4-5 times a year since then (and have even brought my parents a couple times too :))

I was glad to meet a few of ya'll at Celebration 25 this past October, and I'm hoping to be back down for A Wild Decade in April (if I can sneak away from work long enough - just in case, I've already made ressies for CBR).

Here's a couple of me from that fateful trip in 2003 :)

Contemporary-MeatChefMickeys.jpg

WLandMe.jpg

Hello All!

Ok, Bill here...

Been a Disney fan forever...I even have a pic of my Dad holding me with Mickey in October 1971 (that's right, opening month of the MK!!)...Of course, I just dated myself...oh well, I was under a year old in that pic...

Have been to the World more times than I can count...even got married at the wedding pavilion! (Divorced now...so I'm available...try to contain yourselves ladies!)

Anyway, here's a pic from my phone...
me2.JPG

Went to Villanova University, hence the screen name...

Tinkerbella16

My names Jenn. I'm 22 years old, been going to WDW since I was 6 years old and can't get enough of it. I know WDW like the back of my hand, as do most of you here lol. Every year people ask why I go back, and why don't I try an island, something different...They just dont get it!!!

I am the girl on the right. The pic was taken at one of my favorite character breakfasts...Chef Mickeys!!!! Love it there! :wave:

l_235b440320cea9d02ed078c766e5b61d.jpg

This pic is my all time favorite view of the castle, taken November 11, 2007:
DisneyWorld2007190.jpg

sissa216

Ok, I don't have time now to read past the first few pages, but here goes.

I'm from northwest Indiana. Grew up with wdw, like many others.
In recent history, I did the college program in Fall of 2003.
Took a spring break trip with some CP friends the following spring, then Honeymooned in November 2004, at POR.

A trip with my entire family in October 2005 then again in October 2007 (which this picture is from).

Now planning a trip just DH and I for September 13th-20th.

I graduated with a B.S. in bus.mgmt. a few years ago and played the management game, but it didn't suit me.
Last summer I left that job and now substitue teaching, and love photography. I'm learning more and more now,
and would love to someday make a living from it :)

Sorry no good pictures of us; as usual, I'm the one behind the camera, so I'm not in very many good shots

the two of us in the last months of "mgm"
disneytrippart1215.jpg

Nicole220

I'll try this...

Hi, I'm Nicole (if you couldn't tell :lol::lookaroun). I'm 18, born and raised in Southern California. This coming fall I will be attending college (either in Colorado or San Luis Obispo) for the first time...very scary and exciting all at the same time. I used to split my time between dancing and horseback riding, but have recently switched to riding full time.

Disneyland is my local park. I've been going there since before I can remember. I go a few times a month with my friends. It's great to have a place that takes me away from the real world for a while. Disneyland helps me forget all the stressful things for a bit. I don't know what I'm going to do when I move away to college. :cry: My family and I have made three trips to WDW- 1995, 1999, and 2007. And one day I hope to visit all the Disney parks.

So yeah, I think that's it. :lol:

Here's me!
(I'm the one on the right)

DSC00209.jpg

k.hunter30

I'll try this...

Hi, I'm Nicole (if you couldn't tell :lol::lookaroun). I'm 18, born and raised in Southern California. This coming fall I will be attending college (either in Colorado or San Luis Obispo) for the first time...very scary and exciting all at the same time. I used to split my time between dancing and horseback riding, but have recently switched to riding full time.

Disneyland is my local park. I've been going there since before I can remember. I go a few times a month with my friends. It's great to have a place that takes me away from the real world for a while. Disneyland helps me forget all the stressful things for a bit. I don't know what I'm going to do when I move away to college. :cry: My family and I have made three trips to WDW- 1995, 1999, and 2007. And one day I hope to visit all the Disney parks.

So yeah, I think that's it. :lol:

Here's me!
(I'm the one on the right)
^^ So elegant! :sohappy:
:kiss:

mousefan1972

Ok, here goes. I'm Kristin. I live in Massachusetts, near the NH border. I'm a physical therapist specializing in outpatient orthopedics. I first visited Disney at the age of 5 (that was in 1978 :lookaroun), and returned pretty much every other year until age 18.

No Disney trips from then until the fall of 1996, when I stayed for a week at Dixie Landings with my new boyfriend. Now he's my husband (married 10 years in October) and we have 2 great kids. We've been 4 times with them: 9/06, 3/07, 5/07. and 12/07. We just started a family tradition of being in WDW for Christmas, so our next trip will be Dec. of '08, at our home away from home, the Polynesian.

A family portrait:

DisneyChristmas07111.jpg

Oh, the duck in the middle is adopted. :lookaroun

PotteryGal

Okay, I'll give this a shot:

I'm Jenny, a thirty-something mom from east central Ohio. I have loved Disney all my life, but was never able to actually visit WDW until November of 2006. DH and I have been married almost 17 years, and we have two children: our daughter will be 11 in May, and our son is six. We have properly encouraged Disney fanaticism in them. :lol:
My days are spent taking the kids to school, working with our elementary school's PTG and in my spare time (yeah right :rolleyes:) attempting to turn pieces of clay into something recognizable - hence my screen name. I also spend much time planning for our next trip to WDW, which will be this June at the Ft Wilderness campgrounds. :sohappy: Here's a pic of DD and I with my two favorite characters from the Jungle Book:
DSCN0174_3_.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom