Who else still calls it MGM Studios?

SpaceMtn#1

I agree that the old name probably wasn't the best suited, but it's what I grew up with so I still call it that (MGM). I haven't found a "nickname" that I like for Disney's Hollywood Studios yet. Oh, and TTA will always be TTA for me.

forevermickey

I still say MGM as well - sometimes DHS-- I don't think I will ever completely change over the name - It has sentimental value attached to it-:)

Spike-in-Berlin

I stopped about half a year ago. Sometimes however the MGM slips still out but I expect that after my next visit in two weeks I will be finally tuned on DHS completely.

Mickey is King

It's MGM, everyone knows it...... Change the name of the park-huh....

maybe we could call MK something else too. (even though I know that MANY people call MK - Disney world.):brick:

David S.

maybe we could call MK something else too. (even though I know that MANY people call MK - Disney world.):brick:

The difference is... "Magic Kingdom" is actually a good name! ;)

Calling the Studios "MGM" even when it WAS part of the name is about as appealing to me as calling the original Epcot pavillions "AT&T", "Exxon", "GE", "GM", "Kodak", and "Kraft". And I've occasionally heard guests in early Epcot actually calling them that!

MGM had NOTHING to do with designing this park, and only a few of their films are represented in the park as Great Movie Ride scenes, so IMO Disney was smart to drop the "MGM". WHY promote another studio?

IMO, they should have dropped it years ago, but better late than never!

MKCP 1985

DHS = Department of Human Services. No way I am ever going to call a Disney park DHS.

My Disney MGM Studios Tower of Terror coffee cup is a prized possession and I am crazy to use it so often, risking it breaking and being gone forever, but it is a good coffee cup. :lol: MGM was never that big a part of the park - a James Bond attraction would have helped tremendously - so I don't care about not calling it MGM.

I don't care so much about the name of the park, I guess. "Big Hat Park," maybe? :lookaroun

wdwmomof3

I actually heard someone call MK Disney World the last time we were there. I just laughed a little inside.:zipit:

I try to catch myself but from time to time I do find myself calling HS, MGM. Even while we were there I did it a few times. Old habbits are hard to break for me sometimes. :eek:

mp2bill

I still accidentally call it MGM on occassion, but I am slowly making the correction in my mind. By the time, I get it right, the name will probably change again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom