Which park is your favorite to be at at night and why????

Which park is your favorite to be at at night and why???

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 87 54.4%
  • Epcot

Votes: 61 38.1%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Disney Hollywood Studios

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Other...

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
We all have great memories of being at the World, but a lot of them are from spending our evenings at the World. So, simple question:

What is your favorite park to be at at night and why????

Chrononymous

Funny...I was about to hit the button to vote MK...I mean come on! So many things are wonderful during the evening...like BTMR, or pirates and HM...or the glowing castle...

but then I remembered my last trip...and being in Epcot at night.

And wow...there is a certain magic that occurs there in the dark that isn't there (imo) during the daylight hours.
Future world actually gleams...from SSE's colors to the fiber optics in the sidewalk near the entrance plaza

And World Showcase is positively enchanting at night.

Going back to Epcot in the evening sort of won me over.

As long as I wasn't stuck in the crowds watching Illuminations (don't get me wrong...it's a brilliant show, that I have seen it many times) we discovered a quiet majesty that the place exuded with hardly anyone around.
And you can still see the fireworks near SSE.

devoy1701

Hollywood Studios. It has such a great ambiance in the evening. Especially Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd. Usually by the time the evening comes around all i'm interested in doing is shopping, people watching, and soaking up the atmosphere anyway.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
EPCOT in my opinion looks so awesome at night. The floors sparkle, the lighting is awesome, illuminations is my favorite fireworks, and Spaceship Earth looks amazing!

New2WDW

I'm just a sucker for the MK at night! My families favorite park and we stay as long as we can! We actually left out when no one else was around and had a bus to ourselves back to our resort.

Matt and Kelly

There is nothing better than Magic Kingdom at night, in my opinion. The sights, the sounds, the fireworks, the parades are all amazing. It also seems like some fo the rides get better once the sun goes down as well. Riding Big Thunder or Splash in the dark is a great experience.

Then, when you finally are ready to leave, heading down Main Street all lit up is a pretty cool way to head home.

Mukta

I voted for EPCOT. At night, the World Showcase is so peaceful. I love to walk around with a glass of wine and just be there. Illuminations is also my favorite nighttime show. I also love the way SSE looks at night. Last year alone I took 20 pictures of it glowing in the dark.

Pepper's Ghost

Kind of surprised it hasn't been said already, but I can sum up my pick and the reason in one word..... "Wishes"! Easily the best night-time celebration and fireworks show at WDW!! Don't get me wrong, I love all four parks at night for different reasons, but MK takes it because of Wishes. That, and as was said already, POTC and HM have a great atmostphere at night! Tomorrowland is also beautiful at night! Oh, and Main Street too! I agree.... LOVE MAIN STREET AT NIGHT!!

Runners up: :D
2. Epcot - All the pavilions are stunningly lit at night, not to mention SSE!
3. AK - Incredible lighting and natural beauty at night!
4. DHS - Great night time atmosphere, but has to rank last in my list of the four.

wolf359

I had to vote EPCOT. The bold lighting and the feeling of building excitement leading up to Illuminations gives an energy that's hard to beat. The World Showcase is very beautiful at night, and I think the individual countries seem even more realistic.

The Magic Kingdom is a very close second. To me Magic Kingdom is a bit different in that I like visiting at night because many of the attractions are more effective at night, as opposed to me finding the actual park more attractive. While I do like the subtle use of light and color, I really think the Magic Kingdom's real beauty is best shown during the day. But the Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Carousel are all much more fun when riding at night.

Animal Kingdom is third. I've only been there after dark once or twice, but the park really takes on a very different look and feel at night. You feel much more isolated, and the feeling of really being in a remote, natural setting is heightened significantly.

LoriMistress

I love MK and Epcot at night. DHS is also nice at night, especially during the holidays when they have the Osborne Lights. I would love to visit AK during the evening, but the park isn't normally opening during the evening. Whenever I go, the park is closed around 5-7pm.

BrerKev

While I love all of the parks in the evening, I need to give my vote to the Animal Kingdom. As you typically need to be there for EMH, it feels like such a treat to see the park lit up at night. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

David S.

While I love all of the parks in the evening, I need to give my vote to the Animal Kingdom. As you typically need to be there for EMH, it feels like such a treat to see the park lit up at night. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

Except during Christmas peak season and President's week, where thankfully standard time, a short amount of winter daylight, and the late closing time (usually at least 7 and often 8) all come together to make the park accessible to EVERYONE after dark! And not only is the park beautiful at night - the Tree Of Life, Flame Tree Barbecue area overlooking the lake, etc. - but night rides on Everest are AMAZING! (Not that I'm too cheap to stay at a resort, but as a seasonal local, do not need one! ;) So I am thankful there are a few windows throughout the year where us commoners can enjoy the AK Magic after dark, as well! ;) )

harveyt0206

While I *heart* Epcot completely, MK is by far my favorite night time park. We typically end each evening there, regardless of which park we start the day. Plus, MK is usually open later than the other parks most of the time.

Computer Magic

I was the only other so far to vote for AK. I think for the same exact reason. It also usually very quite as most people leave early.

goofykt

DEFINITELY the Magic Kingdom. It's like 100x times more magical at night...esp rides like the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion.

Whenever my husband and I are on long car trips, we take turns making all kinds of Top 5 lists....#1 on my Top 5 List for "Favorite Things at Disney" is walking around Magic Kingdom at night. It's what I look forward to all year!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom