When are you going to fix that yeti?

180º

So I got curious and discovered something fun(ny), they really like using the word "imminent" over there. Go search the text (including quotes): "imminent" site:*****.com on Google. It's amazing how often they're wrong (or use that word incorrectly) :hilarious:
I tried this, and you’re absolutely right. Nearly every project under the sun at any stage of development is described as “imminent” on the site that shall not be named.

EXCEPT:

BBCB94DB-017A-4655-B1AD-BEE2E6F38079.jpeg

So a minor project that was scarcely armchair Imagineered let alone rumored “does not appear to be imminent.” That’s a relief.

In conclusion, I’d say W W W Dot Voldemort Dot Tom’s yeti tweet means nothing. On the bright side, based on their track record (and multiple inside search engines), I can confidently report that even more incoming clickbait headlines appear imminent! As always, you heard it here on wdwmagic first. ;)

geekza

BREAKING: We can confirm from insiders that electronic means of communication are being utilized to facilitate the imminent arrival of unsourced scuttlebutt regarding a total replacement of Expedition Everest with a Frozen-themed premiere dining location offering guests total immersion into a highly-themed Scandinavian environment serving curated dishes inspired by the finest pickled herring chefs.

LukeS7

I tried this, and you’re absolutely right. Nearly every project under the sun at any stage of development is described as “imminent” on the site that shall not be named.

EXCEPT:

View attachment 295223

So a minor project that was scarcely armchair Imagineered let alone rumored “does not appear to be imminent.” That’s a relief.

In conclusion, I’d say W W W Dot Voldemort Dot Tom’s yeti tweet means nothing. On the bright side, based on their track record (and multiple inside search engines), I can confidently report that even more incoming clickbait headlines appear imminent! As always, you heard it here on wdwmagic first. ;)
I think my favorite one is when they used "imminent" to describe the release of the iPhone 6 that was happening the very next day and had been known for months. Either that or when they called the first Infinity War trailer "imminent" but followed it up with "the trailer may come sooner than that". They seem to use it as a throwaway word that can mean whatever timeframe they want it to.

JoeCamel

Their wording - "Imminent", "breaking", et al. - is all about getting clicks.

As I've stated before, people need to ask the question, "Who are you going to trust - Someone who (figuratively) lives and dies by the number of clicks on their website, or someone who posts information on a site like WDWMagic.com?".
I saw a report on what bloggers make and am not surprised at CB's actions. That can be a whole lot of money and it is a "bizness" after all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ok. I think your corrective post was yet another example of typical forum mishegoss. The only reason I'm getting involved is because I've seen it here on multiple occasions and I think it's, frankly, counterproductive. I'm sure my weighing in will also be considered as such but then, you know that pot kettle black phenomenon.
Thank you for explaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom