When are you going to fix that yeti?

GlacierGlacier

Yeah...I don’t particularly care about all of that...I’m making a point about the priorities of management/the company in general...I think it’s hilarious that 12 years later Rhode is feeding some stranger a BS line about “still working on it”. Who’s he kidding...

If it were an animatronic Elsa trying to reach for
that train, his highness Bob Iger would be there personally overseeing the repairs...
Their priority is literally to make money, like any business. Does the yeti being broken prevent people from spending money at AK? No. Do people avoid AK entirely because the yeti is broken? No.

Repairing the yeti would bring the ride down while the effect was being repaired, removed, replaced, or reinstalled - no matter the type of repair, that thing is massive. This cuts down on both the hourly capacity and the total capacity of Animal Kingdom while also removing a popular E-Ticket. THAT would make people avoid AK or at least spend less time (and money) at it. It's basic business sense.

And sure - Disney should be trying to get the parks consistently show-ready, with no broken effects and perfect everything. But there's a cost to be paid.

This effect should be repaired. But it being Disco yeti doesn't impact the average rider's appreciation of Expedition Everest.

Seabasealpha1

Their priority is literally to make money, like any business. Does the yeti being broken prevent people from spending money at AK? No. Do people avoid AK entirely because the yeti is broken? No.

Repairing the yeti would bring the ride down while the effect was being repaired, removed, replaced, or reinstalled - no matter the type of repair, that thing is massive. This cuts down on both the hourly capacity and the total capacity of Animal Kingdom while also removing a popular E-Ticket. THAT would make people avoid AK or at least spend less time (and money) at it. It's basic business sense.

And sure - Disney should be trying to get the parks consistently show-ready, with no broken effects and perfect everything. But there's a cost to be paid.

This effect should be repaired. But it being Disco yeti doesn't impact the average rider's appreciation of Expedition Everest.
I dunno, I still say it’s priority. That park should have more than enough to compensate for a closure of Everest for refurbishment. Could Disney honestly try to convince us that the damned ride should run indefinitely without such a downtime?

This is the same attraction that wasn’t open all that long before it started having (still-lingering) problems...

If that one attraction is that necessary to keep AK stocked with paying customers, then they oughta button it up and forget it...

Maybe if they hadn’t made such a big deal about it for all those years, no one would care.

No Name

Do people avoid AK entirely because the yeti is broken? No.

It could very well be a subconscious tipping point for certain guests.

But it being Disco yeti doesn't impact the average rider's appreciation of Expedition Everest.

That's literally impossible. To what extent is something we can agree or disagree on but it certainly doesn't have zero impact on the average rider's appreciation of the ride.

tissandtully

Also Attractions Magazine using rumors as fact without couching it to rumors is bad, there’s been no official statement on why it’s been down.

DTD_Parking

Of course they are a business, but that line takes a company who has developed and nurtured a consumer expectation of high standards and lumps them in with your neighborhood fast food restaurants. This quote comes from the Disney Institute, and I know it was prioritized in Traditions: "Disney's Four Keys Basics, in priority order: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency." The pillars of customer service they built this company upon literally deny the argument that downtime(efficiency) should trump show. Also, I'd argue that most guests don't feel less appreciation for Everest with this effect turned off because so few actually saw it in the first place. I saw it, it was amazing. But if Disco Yeti is all you have experienced, you don't know what you're missing, as must be true for most riders.

Phil12

I actually believe fixing Expedisco Everest is a priority for Joe (just not for management obviously) and wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s been secretly working on a lighter weight Yeti in his basement using spare parts and old rugs.
The original yeti in A mode was seen for such a short time that most people couldn't really appreciate what they were seeing. With B mode DiscoYeti they've slowed down the train so people can get a better look. Here's a full ride video of the new DiscoYeti. Go to 3:30 on the video if you want to see the improvements:

bclane

The original yeti in A mode was seen for such a short time that most people couldn't really appreciate what they were seeing. With B mode DiscoYeti they've slowed down the train so people can get a better look. Here's a full ride video of the new DiscoYeti. Go to 3:30 on the video if you want to see the improvements:

Wow that is waaaaayyyy better!!! I love it!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Indy_UK

I want Dinoland to go but I feel that the Yeti in full working mode made such a difference to the ride experience I'd have it top of the list before anything else is done in Animal Kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom