When are you going to fix that yeti?

JoeCamel

And ***** is calling the closure "imminent". Article doesn't exactly go into details on how they know it's "imminent" though?!?

Well sure it must be imminent, there was Joe's reply to a tweet "I'm on it" and that seals it in stone but to top it off it was discussed here. Good enough for the internet right? At least the one clickbait plays on.

kbmb

He said in the article per inside sources. I’d take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah what I meant was.....what he said the in article doesn't lead me to believe anything is "imminent".

Internal sources have also told us that they are personally working on “the Everest project”, so the lengthy refurbishment and all of the changes it will bring are clearly in development and the closure is imminent.

Written in true clickbait fashion to me. Post it on twitter with BREAKING and you have yourself some good clicks on a Monday morning :p

Last edited:

trainplane3

Yeah what I meant was.....what he said the in article doesn't lead me to believe anything is "imminent".

Internal sources have also told us that they are personally working on “the Everest project”, so the lengthy refurbishment and all of the changes it will bring are clearly in development and the closure is imminent.

Written in true clickbait fashion to me. Post it on twitter with BREAKING and you have yourself some good clicks on a Monday morning :p
And Tom even said he doubts that it's soon (as in July) in the comments of his own article.

And not to be a jerk about rules, but posting their stuff is against the rules but their Twitter stuff isn't? I'm actually asking. Because people have been posting their Tweets for a while now.

JoeCamel

sal.jpg

kbmb

And Tom even said he doubts that it's soon (as in July) in the comments of his own article.

And not to be a jerk about rules, but posting their stuff is against the rules but their Twitter stuff isn't? I'm actually asking. Because people have been posting their Tweets for a while now.

Oops, didn't realize it was against the rules to post their articles. I can remove. Can you point me to the rule that says that? I looked at the terms https://forums.wdwmagic.com/help/terms/ when it blocked the words, but I figured maybe that was just the spam filter.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Oops, didn't realize it was against the rules to post their articles. I can remove. Can you point me to the rule that says that? I looked at the terms https://forums.wdwmagic.com/help/terms/ when it blocked the words, but I figured maybe that was just the spam filter.
I always thought they were a banned source? I know it was frowned upon to post links to the site but I didn't know if it applied to tweets too, I just kinda assumed.

Maybe the filter should be updated to apply to embedded tweets?

Bender123

Its not exactly a secret that Everest hasn't had an actual full on refurb since it opened...I am guessing that it would go down for refurb at about the same time Star Wars GE comes on line...it would just make sense that the Studios will take a lot of heat off Pandora and AK, so it would be a great opportunity to bring it down for top to bottom refresh.

I get the feeling, like many of Tom's things, there is a chunk of truth drenched in a coating of asterisks. The idea that Everest would go down for a fix would not be a shock, but it going down before the end of the year would be.

andysol

It just blocks the site out like a bad word because it's garbage. Magic is saving us from ourselves.

Here are some other curse words and garbage sites:

.com
ThemeParkReview.com

Hmm... must be broken.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I'd say the big hint was when you couldn't link to their site. But if you haven't tried that, you wouldn't know. So it's not your fault. I don't think there's a list of the forbidden sites you can check anywhere around here...

drod1985

I am guessing that it would go down for refurb at about the same time Star Wars GE comes on line...it would just make sense that the Studios will take a lot of heat off Pandora and AK

That sounds like a bad idea to me. The attendance spike that Galaxy's Edge causes will spill over into the other parks and Pandora will likely still have a very high demand. Having Everest up and running for the GE launch will help alleviate the spill over pressure on AK.

Seabasealpha1

You know, this is as lame as can be...but I was out landscaping in my yard and it occurred to me that Disney ought try and get Yeti brand coolers (or whatever their parent company is) to sponsor EE.

Stupid idea I know...

But God knows they charge enough for a cooler that somehow they could sponsor something at Disney World!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom