Whats the one souvenir you always wanted but never got.

Two things:

First-They dont sell them, but Id like one of them very large sized Mickey's they use for display in the stores such as at MGM.

Second-Ill take a regular sized Big Fig of classic Mickey.

Cynderella

I always wanted a Mickey balloon too and my parents never got me one :( . I guess cause there is 3 of us it would have had to been 3 and that could have gotten ugly. They told me I couldn't get one because then I couldnt take it on the plane to take it home. I also had always wanted the Mickey ears and never got them as a kid. I finally bought myself some last year! :sohappy:

Jesùs_Carioca

Framed Portraits.... and trust me, a lot of them have been accumulating on my list for the past ages.

There are slews that i love, but i always wanted to start with the very very very basic Rockwell:

MICPROTR.jpg

I always had a thing for that portrait. But seriously, if you were to ever take me into A "The Art of Disney" store, i would not be able to stop naming the amount of portraits or figurines that i'd want from the place.

-Oh, and of course, a rifle from Frontierland. And i don't mean the pistol size either.

Goof-Man

Each year I decide on a hat that I will wear for the trip. Two years ago it was golden mickey ears, last year it was the tall green goofy hat. Next year I have decided it will sorcerer mickey.

But what I really want is Monorail Train Set. But again, I want it but can the pocket book allow it.

Nicole220

Framed Portraits.... and trust me, a lot of them have been accumulating on my list for the past ages.

There are slews that i love, but i always wanted to start with the very very very basic Rockwell:

MICPROTR.jpg

I always had a thing for that portrait. But seriously, if you were to ever take me into A "The Art of Disney" store, i would not be able to stop naming the amount of portraits or figurines that i'd want from the place.

-Oh, and of course, a rifle from Frontierland. And i don't mean the pistol size either.
I love that pic! They used it on the 1999-2000 DL APs.

Disneyfan2000

The Suit Burt wears During the Jolly Holiday Scence in Mary Poppins its located over in MGM in that little soviner Shack... Anyone got an extra $65,000:shrug: they can just so happen to give me :wave:

Foolish Mortal

Is this a wish-granting souvenir thread? Because if so, someone can fork over $37,500 and get me this:
102_1696.jpg

Be prepared to fight my mom for it :lol:

As for me, I want one of those Trevor Carlton paintings. I don't know much about art, but I love his stuff. The video of him doing a painting they show at The Art of Disney down at the Market Place is awesome. One day, one day.

majortom1981

Two things:

First-They dont sell them, but Id like one of them very large sized Mickey's they use for display in the stores such as at MGM.

Second-Ill take a regular sized Big Fig of classic Mickey.

Actually they sell some pretty big mickeys at the World of Disney Store in NYC. Ill get some pics when I go next week.

My problem is that I am an hours train ride from the World of Disney store in NYC so any souvenirs I see at the parks I can get from their. Wich makes it even worse because I go to that store atleast once a month.

They have these cool mickey statues at the world of disney store that are like $150 dollars that I contemplate buying everytime I am there. They also have these cool figures at the Art of Disney section.

missypaws

I ALWAYS WANTED TO GET A SNOW GLOBE OF 20k LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA BUT HAVE NEVER COME IN CONTACT WITH ONE. BEEN EVERYWHERE AND HUNTED WITHOUT ANY LUCK.:lookaroun

KaliSplash

They had a jacket based on the Main Street Electrical Parade that included a battery pack in the pocket that allowed the jacket to light up, illuminating the train,drum float on the back of the jacket. It was on sale at the Disney Art place in Disney-MGM and later/also at the art place in the square on Main Street USA.

It was only $999. I don't know why my wife never bought that for me!:)

Of course, I would have been afraid to wear it almost anywhere!

jiminy.cricket

The balloons have weights on them so they can't blow away. I bought one for my son on our last trip and, as far as he was concerned, it was the most wonderful thing I could have ever given him! He was absolutely in love with that balloon. It was the best $7.00 I've ever spent. Yes, $7.00. For a balloon. But hey, he loved it.

Wow; I feel old. In my day, they were only $3!

Nay

I have bought a collectable baseball each year I've been to Disney. They have the year printed on them and for some reason I didn't buy one in 2002. Now there is a big gaping hole in my collection!!! If only I could go back in time...

Agent1964fem

I want a Disney scrapbook or a Mickey watch but I thinking it took me how many hours of work to afford this ....I'll get it the next time around.:rolleyes:

Wilderness Lodge 1997
Caribbean Beach 2003
Port Orleans -Riverside 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2007

Sadiebird

Wow; I feel old. In my day, they were only $3!

Yeah, I was expecting $3 when I asked how much they were. Maybe even $5. I was shocked by $7 and even more shocked when my DH agreed to buy one at that price! :) Honestly though, my son really enjoyed it and it was well worth it.

dekushrub150

I got most everything I wanted. Either I paid for it myself (my siblings and I were each given a budget but our parents would let us go a little over if there was something later in the trip that was really worth it. or from my own money I brought such as when I was older) or I was able to really decide what was important and what was not. The only thing I can remember was when I went down for a weekend to look at colleges it was my dad, my brother, and I and my brother wanted a Jack Sparrow hat but my dad told him he would never wear it and told him he was just wasting money. But my dad told him he could buy it. He didn't because he didn't want my dad to complain later. My brother would have been spending his own money. I forgot to mention my brother is the biggest Pirates fan so he probably would have worn it. Now I actually want it because I'm working at an amusement park and I've been working a pirate themed ride and I really want to be themed a little too. My boss is very lenient.
Now I want the build your own lightsaber. The price is reeally good too. It's about the same as buying one at Toys R Us that you don't get to decide anything except color. If they even have what you want. I actually got a Jedi Mickey so I was really happy. I went one year the week after Star Wars Weekends and the lady in the star wars store told me that they were selling out like crazy. Then when I went for colleges I foun a bunch so I got it. It was the first thing I got. I also got a Rex figure and the Star Tours vehicle action figure thing. Me and my brother had to have it.
The thing I really want now is Davy Jones' chest. I'm probably gonna go crazy buying Pirates stuff when I go down for Christmas.
Oh man, I just remembered. I always wanted an Indiana Jones fedora. IT was the only hat I would actually were normally. My friend has a Jurassic Park archeologist hat and he wears it all the time. I think the fedora could work.
I actually had a ball and chain from pirates when I was really little and when we tried to go through security at the airport they looked at it because it looks like a classic bomb when it goes through the xray. They looked at it and gave it back saying here's your bowling ball. I was around 4 and kept saying "no, it's a ball and chain from pirates" My parents kept trying to shut me up so we could keep moving. I was very angry that they were insulting my prized souveneir from my first trip to Disney. Just so I don't sound like a stupid kid I'm now 19. My next trip will be my 5th time to Disney and my 4th "vacation" to Disney. I don't completely count the weekend even though we did almost all the parks with a one day park hopper. It was crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom