Whats the one souvenir you always wanted but never got.

jessfriends

I am sure if I think hard enough I can remember somethings I always wanted but what came to mind right away was an onride photo. I always wanted one. Especially from Splash Mountain. My parents never bothered to get any. I guess because they are too expensive. The next time we go I think I am going to get one.

TheKeeler7

When I was a kid I always wanted the big Pluto plush at the emporium, but the $250 was a little steep. Now 2 of my kids are huge Pluto fans, so maybe someday I will have the money and approval of the CFO (also known as the DW) and buy it.

Roxas

Is this a wish-granting souvenir thread? Because if so, someone can fork over $37,500 and get me this:
102_1696.jpg

You can buy a villa in Orlando for less than that!

stankly182

Mine is actually a pair of those Mickey head band ears, with the flowing colorful fabric on the back, the Princess Ears I think? I tried on a pair, and felt silly so i didn't get them. After we left, I wished I had just bought them.

Also, I had always wanted the Haunted Mansion piece to the Monorail set, but never got it, so I actually bought it on eBay for over $100.00. A lot of money, but everytime I look over at it, I think it as well worth it. :ROFLOL:

DisneyImagine

I have always wanted one of those $150 dollar Donald Duck Statues.I have had the money but just usually know that I need to pay other things 1st.

Yeah, I've always wanted one of those statues! (except instead of Donald, it would be Mickey)

Also, I've always wanted some painted cells, but I could just never seem to get myself to pick one out and buy one... I guess I'm afraid the "magic" will be gone if I take it with me and something happens to it.

lisak09

Last year i wanted a glass clock that had loads of disney characters in it. It was $35 and i think it was in Epcot. My husband wanted to know where was i going to put it when we got home and since i couldnt really answer him i left it. I also wanted a Mickey and Minnie Mouse salt and pepper shaker. There was one of them in their everyday clothes and another one where they were dressed as bride and groom. I wanted both but again he didnt think i'd use them. This year when we go back im definitely getting the salt and pepper shakers but i think he was right about the clock . . . .

Oddly enough i also wanted a salt and pepper shaker that i saw in a mcdonalds on international drive, they were a little burger and fries set and i really wanted them. Not sure why i want so many salt and pepper sets but i think i'll get them in august and maybe display them in my kitchen.

Ilovewishes

I just love the Art of Disney shop and spend at least an hour in there everytime we walk past!

I saw a painting of Sorceror Mickey when he's controlling the water and all of the waves are crashing around him and loved it! I just keep looking at it and wishing I could have it.

It's paid off though. My DH says I can have it next time we go if it's still there!:D

sublimesting

Dolbyman - i have a viewmaster and about 2 years ago i went on a kick buying up old viewmaster reels of Disneyland and WDW. Check out some of these auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/disney-viewm...7QQfromZR40QQpqryZdisneyQ20viewmasterQ20reeel

there are tons and they're all relatively cheap. Lots of entertainment...
I did the same exact thing!!! I think I got all the old ones from the parks from the 70's and most of the movies. Oh, and yto the person who wishes they had a VM you can buy viewmasters in the store still. I love those things.

sublimesting

As a little kid I always wanted the seven dwarves characters that come in a plastic case. I know you can still buy it at the MK and I should just do that this year

Minnietoo

Framed Portraits.... and trust me, a lot of them have been accumulating on my list for the past ages.

There are slews that i love, but i always wanted to start with the very very very basic Rockwell:

MICPROTR.jpg

I always had a thing for that portrait. But seriously, if you were to ever take me into A "The Art of Disney" store, i would not be able to stop naming the amount of portraits or figurines that i'd want from the place.

-Oh, and of course, a rifle from Frontierland. And i don't mean the pistol size either.

That is one of my fav pictures too! I just love seeing Walt with Mickey! Last time I went I bought a post card of that picture I should frame it:animwink:

My son is there right now and just got a Pal Mickey and he is in love! LOL He also just got that Goofy as a pirate hat. I can't wait to see him in it.

I always wanted a cell too but they are just too expensive.

I remember as a kid getting Mickey ears but it has been a long time since I had them and I told Hubby that when we go in November He can get a Davey Crocket coonskin hat and I want Minnie ears with my name on it! Then I said we have to wear them while we are at the MK! I might get the kids another set but they both just got them this week.

danpam1024

Every time we go, I always say, "this year I'm gonna start my snowglobe collection." Needless to say, I do not have a single globe! I always look at the Swarovski (sp?) crystal figurines, then I think do I REALLY need that?:veryconfu. DH and I REALLY want one of the "Frogman" sculptures from the Wyland gallery @ the Boardwalk, but not for $6,000:eek:.
I remember when EPCOT first opened, I politely declined any offers for souvenirs (I was 6). I kept track of all the stuff my sis was getting, and was saving up for a big stuffed Bernard (from the Rescuers). My dad surprised me with a Bernard and Bianca! I would love to find them again for my son!:)

NWDMD

I wished I had purchased all of the panoramic park posters when they were still being sold. I got MK and EPCOT from the art of disney and I bought AK off of Ebay but I still don't have (then MGM Studios). I still check ebay often but haven't found it. :(

Nicole220

I want the classic, black Mickey ears. Easy to find and buy, but I never get them. :lol:
*realizes that I already posted this earlier on in the thread* :lol:

I also want to buy the entire World of Disney store in DTD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom