Whats the one souvenir you always wanted but never got.

bhg469

I always wanted a cannonball from pirates.. Sort of an unofficial souvenier, but they are all bolted down, shiver me timbers!

ZapperZ

The large Winnie The Pooh figurine that had a butterfly hovering right above his nose. My place is already infested with several large Donald Duck figurine, there's just no place for Pooh.

Zz.

fizzle75

A Jedi Mickey Big Fig!

Ditto...
JediMickey.jpg

Figment76

The Belle and Beast figurines from Lenox in the Art of Disney stores.

Also, a Mickey Mouse doll as I've never ever had one. I do, however, have one of the original Figment dolls.

i always wanted a minature castle it was glued on a cherry wood board and it was soo cute i just had always wanted to add it tomy collection of glass figurines.... i have over 50

dox

Great thread! Thinking back to my childhood, I remember during the year of the Tencenial, which coincidentally was the first time we stayed on property at Fort Wilderness in one of the wilderness homes, there was a blue hardcover book about the first 10 years of WDW and its creation. Every night after going to MK we would drop by the Trading Post over at FW and I'd peruse the book. I don't remember why my parents didn't purchase it nor do I remember if I even asked them to buy it. But I remember coming back the following year looking for the book and being unable to find it. :(

In terms of recent trips, i'm not a big pin collector but I like buying pins that have special meaning to me such as pins regarding rides I enjoy or resorts I've stayed in. During this last trip I found this great set of pins at the store over at the Contemporary which commemorated the opening of a classic or now long gone attraction or special event. I ended up only purchasing two - pins about opening of the Walt Disney Story and If You Had Wings. I regret I didn't get more especially the 10 year anniversary pin. I doubt I'll find those pins again as I didn't see them anywhere else in WDW during my trip.

CrashNet

I always wanted the Huey, Luey, and Duey pins. I have Donald, Donald in a Mickey costume, and Luey. Never got Huey and Duey. Can anyone tell who my favorite character is yet? :lol:

coasterphil

I want a 2 things...

My father and I used to have the old Donald, goofy, and figment hats, where the brim was donalds bill, goofy's nose and figments nose.Figments had orange horns sticking out of the top. Goofy had really long ears.
They were similar to what they have now but IMHO I liked the old ones better. Ohh the memories of being a kid in the 80's

Anyway, I wish I had one of those back.

And Second,
I wish I had a path stone in the walk around the world.

I remember getting one of those Goofy hats as a souvenir from one of my grandparents' trips. It seemed like it would've been too heavy to wear for any length of time.

bgraham34

Original Poster
I love everyones responses I feel like a kid again. I thought of another thing but this time I am buying it. I always wanted a Mickey balloon but never got one. My parents alway said it would blow away. So dang I am getting me a balloon.

jiminy.cricket

Me too; I guess I wanted a cel when I was younger; it doesn't bother me now. I never got a helium balloon, though. I had this fixation with balloons and I always wanted a helium one, but on the occasions that my parents got me balloons, they were always mylar because they're more durable and can be refilled. I guess they're better for the environment too. Still, for my sake, one day I hope to purchase a helium balloon if they are still around. I actually wanted to sell balloons on Main Street when I was a kid.

Imaginationeer

102_1696.jpg

I've been starring at this thing for months!!! The most i ever spent on something was $7500, a painting. If it was 17,000 less, i would buy it. I'm actually serious.:hammer:

morgan22

I am always tempted by the monorail set - but would want to buy the whole thing .. way out of my price band and baggage allowance (!) ... maybe if we bought one model each trip?

They used to do a purse with a vintage snow white picture on it - for 3 trips I kept promising i'd get it - then last year when we went to World of Disney to get it - they had none...

(PS 100th post)

PhilharMagician

For years we have wanted one of those 3D picture crystal blocks from Imageworks. Well last year we finally purchased one while our DD was young so we can remeber the great times we had. I must say it was the most expensive photoshoot i have ever paid for, but it is beautiful.

There are many crystal pieces that I have seen in the Mexico pavillion that I would love to have and also in the Art of Disney we could easily spend a fortune on just about anything.

ears2you

I've been wanting the Disney Villains towel they used to (didn't see them last time) sell before Fantasmic. One time I almost bought it, but then didn't :lol:

I also want a lot of expensive stuff from Art of Disney :lookaroun

try the villains shop in the studios
thats where i got mine!

Sadiebird

I love everyones responses I feel like a kid again. I thought of another thing but this time I am buying it. I always wanted a Mickey balloon but never got one. My parents alway said it would blow away. So dang I am getting me a balloon.

The balloons have weights on them so they can't blow away. I bought one for my son on our last trip and, as far as he was concerned, it was the most wonderful thing I could have ever given him! He was absolutely in love with that balloon. It was the best $7.00 I've ever spent. Yes, $7.00. For a balloon. But hey, he loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom