What job would you apply for if you wanted to work for Disney?

kennyy_d

If I worked in the parks?
A Jungle Cruise skipper hands down! So much room for sarcasm and fun guest interaction!

Otherwise I am studying to be an Architect so that I can become an Imagineer and work for Disney designing hotels, restaurants, attractions, whatever they need!

Dream big right?

Figments Friend

When i was younger, i aspired to be a Disney Animator.
This was back in the early 80s, before the resurgence of interest in animation.
By the late 80s i was looking more seriously into it.
It did'nt really happen as at the time i did'nt want to go back to living in Florida...and i was not of hiring age or ( in my opinion ) capable ability at that point.
By the time i was old enough it seemed things were on the downward spiral quality wise ( post-Renaissance) and my perception had been shifted by learning the realities of such a job.
So the interest went away...but i still kept on drawing ( see avatar ) and of course continued being a fan of animation.
I'm still a fan.

When i grew older, i aspired to maybe one day work at a one of the Theme Parks, and much later, at Imagineering.
I felt i had a lot i could contribute and it would be something i would find enjoyable ( parks ) or life fulfilling from a personal creative standpoint ( WDI )
However, in recent years i learned the real story about working in those environments and how much of the allure outsiders imagine it being is not always what it seems.
In the case of Imagineering i began to understand that the ultimate magic factory i had imagined it to be was now pretty much subdued and smothered in some respects.
The old WED way was gone...replaced by something quite different.

Add into this becoming friendly with someone who has close ties to the organization and being thoughtfully forewarned that as a artist they felt had some talents, i would likely not enjoy the experience of working for them.
I appreciated the honestly, and took their words to heart.

That day was a awakening to end all, i would say.

Turns out, the 'Disney' i wanted to work for stopped existing 30 something years ago.
Alas, i have missed my chance...
Dang it....

Yeah.....well, as the saying goes...
"Dreams die hard when you hold them in your hand long enough until they turn to dust....."

:depressed:

-

Last edited:

dvitali

I would love to know about their Receiving/ Shipping/ Inventory Control, on how they keep all the stores and restaurants well stock through out the parks and resorts.

Beacon Joe

1st choice: Piloting the gold and blue flag resort launches. Such pretty boats. Nice lines.
2nd choice: The green flag cruiser as I love the route.
3rd choice: Call me Gecko45 and put me in undercover security.

Realistically, the job I'd apply for would involve their analytic models for CRM as well as attraction/traffic flow. However, I wonder if those positions have been offshored.

Scooter

I'd like to work in one of the Christmas stores. It feels like Christmas all year round in there and it smells good as well.

Last edited:

Phonedave

Well, first off it's not going to happen because I am not moving to Florida.

Second, any job that I would have would have to pay at least as well as the job I have now.

I LIKE my current job. I work in telecomm, but have a construction engineering back ground, and I currently do a lot of project management and process documentation on network support systems (think lots of early AM phone calls with India).

So, if Dinsey had a corporate culture that I would be comfortable in (not sure if it does or does not, since I am not looking for a job there, I have no real desire to research their current corporate culture) I would enjoy a job in project management - either with general construction projects, geotechnial projects (I have a background there too), or business support systems (think reservation systems, crowd management systems, load balancing system, forcasting systems, etc().

-dave

MississippiBelle

1st choice: Piloting the gold and blue flag resort launches. Such pretty boats. Nice lines.
2nd choice: The green flag cruiser as I love the route.
3rd choice: Call me Gecko45 and put me in undercover security.

Realistically, the job I'd apply for would involve their analytic models for CRM as well as attraction/traffic flow. However, I wonder if those positions have been offshored.

Definitely undercover security. Pretend to be a tourist and people watch all day!
I'd also like to be the person that carries the little broom and dustpan around. First person in the park, last person out! But I would ONLY want to be the sweeper person, no bathrooms for me...

wogwog

Honestly it wouldn't take much for me to accept a full time job piloting the water taxis. I like my job, but I love WDW a whole lot more. Of course the pay would have to be reasonable, and I would likely struggle with Florida heat in the summer. But I guess I can dream.
Your dream died at "the pay would have to be reasonable".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom