What job would you apply for if you wanted to work for Disney?

mousehockey37

I'd want to work as an exec that lurks on the Disney forums and then crushes the dreams of every potential CM (CP or otherwise) as they mouth off or inquire as to why they haven't been employed yet, and my CM name would be Ralph, therefore the wrecking of people's dreams would be my duty. I'd also make sure I got a medal.

"I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me."
― The Bad Guy Affirmation

captainmoch

I'd either want to be a ToT bellhop (because ToT is my favorite ride) or one of the people who works at the games at DinoRama. Every single time I've been there I've never seen more than like, 5 people playing games total. It'd be a piece of cake.

officialtom

Honestly it wouldn't take much for me to accept a full time job piloting the water taxis. I like my job, but I love WDW a whole lot more. Of course the pay would have to be reasonable, and I would likely struggle with Florida heat in the summer. But I guess I can dream.

mousehockey37

Rumor has it there are no more full time boat piloting jobs. Story goes that Disney is trying to make them all part time so no benefits and knowing something of Orlando not much in the way of pay.

That's just not relative to Disney. A lot of companies across the country are trying to do what they can to have part-time work forces to limit the amount of benefits they have to offer. I'm not talking small companies either. Ever wonder why temp agencies are so prominent? Sadly, it's all about top dollar for a few and peanuts for everyone else.

mousehockey37

That's an oversimplification. Much has to do with health insurance costs and Obamacare has a lot to do with health insurance prices spiking up hugely. I don't want to fight over all that, to those of you who got your $25 a month BOcare policy congrats, just realize there are going to side effects to others for your good fortune. Wait till you hear about the Cadillac tax on health insurance, that will be a big topic very soon. The union guys are going to go nuts if that goes into effect.

Not fighting. Just simply stating that it's more places than Disney that are trying to keep minimal full-time staffs. Yes, insurance has a lot to do with it, but, corporate greed is also a factor as well.

Back to the OP's topic... If I can't be a Wreck-It Ralph Disney CM dream crusher, I want to be the head of live in park entertainment. I'd bring back what Disney has chopped or create anew. The new "acts" in Epcot just aren't what the old ones were, and I'd find the ways to fix it. So, if I can't be Wreck-It Ralph, I wanna be WDW's Fix-It Felix for entertainment.

BrittanyRose428

I'd either want to be a ToT bellhop (because ToT is my favorite ride) or one of the people who works at the games at DinoRama. Every single time I've been there I've never seen more than like, 5 people playing games total. It'd be a piece of cake.
Oh my... haha I worked the carnival games during my CP, it was quite the experience! It can be really fun, but you definitely need the right personality for it! The cast members who work the games are actually merchandise cast members. (I would have assumed they were attractions, but the fact that they sell the tickets to play them games makes them merchandise.) The games themselves were fun to work most of the time, there were plenty of ways to make magical moments for guests and that was really great, but it was exhausting and compared to other roles I've had at WDW I found guests on the games to be a bit demanding for what it was. It's also A LOT more multitasking than it looks from an outsider's prospective. The way that the tickets are sold from the cast member's end is a bit time consuming while you're also trying to spiel and run the current game, so it can get stressful sometimes to keep track of everything you're doing. They're not usually super busy, it was really only between Thanksgiving and Christmas that they were consistently busy, but even when you get a little rush for an hour or so out of the day it gets crazy! Oh, and because it's merchandise there's other things you can be scheduled for besides games, like all the gift shops and carts in Dinoland, the photo counter at the Dino Institute and floorstock and cart stock. As crazy as it could get at times, I'd do anything to work there again, it was lots of fun!

yedliW

I would love to be a pyrotechnition doing either Wishes or Illuminations.. if not that, then I would love to drive a parade float.. I don't need/want to be a performer.. just driving the float where no one can see me..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom