What do you think Disney succeeds most in?

Tink313

Taking all my money :lol:

Which Im O.K. with :lookaroun Because its so magical there. Im happy they take my money.

brainwashed :D :sohappy:

DisneyMom4

The ability to make your forget that there is a world outside of where you are right then and there.....no matter what is going on......

wdwmomof3

They have created a beautiful and welcoming environment full of magic that just takes all of your cares and worries in the world away. It's a magical escape. :)

sjead

Disney is like no other theme park on Earth. What sets it apart is cleanliness, the little details, themeing (as others have said), and an overall feeling of being far away and yet somehow at home. After visiting another theme park recently for Spring Break, my family kept saying this is nice. . . but not Disney. Though we had a nice time, it's hard not to constantly make comparisons when traveling somewhere else.

durangojim

I think that what Disney does better than any other corporation is making an emotional connection with its guests/customers. All of the above things listed -- theming, cleanliness, service, contribute to this. In my opinion it is the emotions generated by WDW and Disneyland and some extent its movies that cause the guest to feel like they are in a utopia where everyday problems have disappeared and there is nothing wrong for just a short period of time. This is why parents bring their children to Disney and then when those kids have grown up they bring their kids (and parents) to experience the same fun and joy that they had. It's the reason why people in love go on vacation and sometimes get engaged and married there, and why some of us tear up when we watch wishes with our loved ones. It's because it truly is the "Happiest Place on Earth"

Animaniac93-98

Area Music Loops. Even in something as crappy as 2001 DCA, the loops were still great (dig that calliope version of "California Girls"!).

You go to any shopping mall or grocery store and the music played over the loudspeakers there is quite awful. The Disney loops show alot of effort and do wonders for the atmosphere the guests are in.

Fireworks are another thing too, also because of music. Any local pyro show doesn't have the amount of explosions or the music and tyming of the Disney shows.

GatorGambit

Consistency. Details are consistent throughout the property. Service is consistent throughout the property. Themeing is consistent throughout the property. Any old place can do Details, Service and Themeing to some degree, but to be so consistent about it in everything you do is just astounding.

agent86

I really think they make WDW a secure and comforting place to stay.

Wow, if this is what you think Disney does BEST, then I'd have to say they are brilliant at creating illusions! Are you not aware of all the crimes (many of them violent) that have occured on Disney property in recent years?

Or perhaps you haven't seen this thread about some Disney cast members who tried to break into a guest's room...not realizing the guest was STILL IN THE ROOM. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=431538 If you read the person's entire story, you'll also see that no one the guest spoke to at Disney seemed at all concerned by the incident. I wouldn't say that instills a lot of confidence in Disney's ability to create "a secure and comforting place to stay." :hammer:

SirGoofy

The attention to detail, and the guest/cast interaction.

Wow, if this is what you think Disney does BEST, then I'd have to say they are brilliant at creating illusions! Are you not aware of all the crimes (many of them violent) that have occured on Disney property in recent years?

Or perhaps you haven't seen this thread about some Disney cast members who tried to break into a guest's room...not realizing the guest was STILL IN THE ROOM. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=431538 If you read the person's entire story, you'll also see that no one the guest spoke to at Disney seemed at all concerned by the incident. I wouldn't say that instills a lot of confidence in Disney's ability to create "a secure and comforting place to stay." :hammer:

Way to make an unnecessary, negative post.

agent86

Way to make an unnecessary, negative post.

I just think it's funny that the one thing the OP thinks Disney does BEST is "creating a secure and comforting place to stay." There are LOTS of things that Disney does brilliantly, so it's funny that that's the one thing the OP listed. Especially since it's actually something Disney does not do as a good a job at as they should. They do, however, do a great job of creating the ILLUSION of security and safety (as has been discussed in some other threads recently).

It's funny how several people posted that what Disney does best is separating people from their wallets, but no one called those posters out for being "negative". :rolleyes:

DisneyJoe

Relative to other populations of similar size, it IS still one of the things that Disney does best.

ANYWAY!!!

I really like how every time we go to WDW they are always raising the "bar." My family does feel more secure while we stay at the resorts and enjoy the parks. We have never had a "bad" experience that was related to service. Always a real fun time for us when we go.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom