What do you think Disney succeeds most in?

LiveyMouse22

That's a really tough question because there is so much that Disney succeeds in but I would have to say creativity. There is so much to see in so many different ways that it's hard to imagine how a team of people or maybe even one person came up with it! There are so many wonderfully imaginitive things to experience in WDW that it's basically countless. I'm so proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to seeing what will come in the future! :)

EpcoTim

Theming, details. Not so much anymore, but they're still there.

They're also good at selling you little league grade food for major league prices.

magiconmainstrt

Reality is in this day that there is a possibility of some type of crime whether minor or not is all around us. For goodness sake, it could happen in your own neighborhood, but to say that the safety that surrounds you in the parks, is an illusion is ridiculous.
As a true disney fan, and a mom I would rather my preteen walk down main street than downtown chicago at night! And if my youngest unfortunately was lost, it is safer in Disney than in a city or suburb somewhere!
Afterall, it is a magical place with a wide assortment of cast members that could assist any child in need!
As far as what Disney does best, for me..........Feeling like Home in a Land of Magic....that never ends.

have to reply to this one... Two things: I'm an annual passholder, and go to wdw twice per year...

I'm also a licensed ccw (read: I carry a gun, daily).

Not once have i ever felt that i needed to carry while on wdw property. Forget the "you can't" part... I just do not need to. This is probably the single place in the us where i have always felt cared for, and well protected.

Disney does a very good job controlling a large, multinational population, and insuring that everyone has a great vacation. I only wish the place i live in could do this well.

amen!!!!

agent86

Not ONCE have I ever felt that I needed to carry while on WDW property. Forget the "you can't" part... I just do not need to. This is probably the single place in the US where I have ALWAYS felt cared for, and well protected.

The key word here is "felt", and that's my point exactly. Disney makes you FEEL safe and secure. That's not the same thing as BEING safe and secure. When you think you are experiencing something that you are not...that's an illusion. Hence why I said that. :wave:

agent86

but to say that the safety that surrounds you in the parks, is an illusion is ridiculous.

In what way is it "ridiculous" to say that? You're making an argument based on how safe Disney FEELS. To say that to suggest otherwise is "ridiculous" really just shows that you, as well, are more fooled by the ILLUSION.

juscet

For me there is no comparison between WDW's customer service and the other amusement parks. Disney goes out of it's way to make sure every guest feels special. I can walk into almost any Disney store in WDW and be greeted, helped, and have conversations with the cast members. In places like Sea World and Six Flags I find there are not as many people working in the stores and they usually sit behind the counter talking among themselves.:)

agent86

Agent86? Let's do this again... I carry a gun - daily. Do you really think that people like me can be fooled by false security? If you do, I really hope all the crooks out there feel the same way :)

Well I don't know you personally, so there's no way I could possibly answer that question. But as I stated in my previous post, "feeling" safe is not the same thing as "being" safe. Feeling safe when you, in fact, are not... is an illusion.

Maybe a better way to pose the question would be to ask whether I think the average guest is justified in feeling reasonably safe while on Disney property. If that's the question, then I would say yes. For the most part, the vast majority of visitors to WDW on any given day are probably pretty safe from any type of harm. Where my opinion differs from that of the OP is that the OP thinks that creating a safe and secure environment is the one thing Disney does better than anything else. I'm sorry, but I don't think that's the one thing they do better than anything else. For that to be the thing that's at the top of someone's list, I think it's fair to say that individual is definitely fooled by an illusion of absolute safety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom