What Disney tips do you offer to those who ask?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I know when I hear someone either say their thinking of going to disney , (which by the way it's like I have dog ears and its like radar when I hear Disney, and I get sooooo very excited for them) or have a trip booked and going to Disney I always try to offer some "inside advice " especially for those who have never gone ( DisneyVirgins, so exciting) and really don't have any idea other than the trip is booked..
For me , I ask when there going , where there staying( if I've stayed at that resort tell them great locations , and such) if they are are doing the dining plan, if so have they made reservations any where( which is so surprising to me how many people don't either do it or realy think you have to)..
I guess I could go on and on..So anyway my question is what advice do you offer to those who have never been to Disney? Oh almost forgot , I always write down this site name as well as a few others for those who really want to look get some ideas annd get into the whole disney planning and to look at pics of resorts, restaurant menus and such....

InfernalPenguin

The one thing I always say is,

"Have you done any of the reservations?"

"Um....no?"

*hand person the phone*

That's like, the number one thing always.

Then I go on for about 4 hours about what their procedure should be with the parks/what they should look forward to

yankspy

I was in wdw this past week by myself and so I found myself listening to conversations and offering advice to those who needed it. Most people were extremely thankful and one family actually wanted me to come to mk with them and be their guide. The advice I give is usually extra magic hours, fastpasses, dining, must-see attractions, refillable mugs and package delivery to resorts.:wave:

mickeypal1

Check out www.wdwmagic.com, as well as other similar sites. Next, are they thinking of staying on or off property (try to steer towards on site if it is within their budgets). Also, remember to build in downtime so to catch your breath (think Hall of Presidents, Ellens Energy Adventure, Festival of the Lion King).
Use the FAST PASS!!! (and explain what it is and what it isn't)
Photo Pass advantages...
And remember, be flexable in planning, things will not go according to the master plan, but that is ok...it a vacation.
I could go on for hours (and I actually have on occasion). My wife and I have been invited to dinner just so we can help plan a disney trip with someone.

I also keep some disney info (usally picked up at the disney store or bring extra from our latest trip to give out) to help in planning.

Kristamouse

I try to tell people to get there early as in before park opening. I know some like to sleep on vacation but thoose slow first hours are great for knocking rides out.
I also try to tell them to reseach on thier own and really plan outside of what WDW sends you. Some have no clue about all of the WDW fan sites.
Then I give them my number so I can talk some more about WDW to them...Just kidding.

Mouser365

It's always amazing to me how many people could want to go to Disney yet not purchase a guide book! They go there completely in the dark. I always try to suggest ADR, get some good guide books, WDWMagic site, and to leave plenty of traveling time from resort to restaurant.

disney21

I know when I hear someone either say their thinking of going to disney , (which by the way it's like I have dog ears and its like radar when I hear Disney, and I get sooooo very excited for them).
That's funny you say that :lol: because I also feel like i have disney radar... I was in a diner the other day and overheard a family talking about packing for their trip to WDW..... anyway.... I've helped family friends who are new to WDW by:
----Providing them with lists and lists of "necessary" places to eat and attractions that they can't miss and explanations for everything!!! I made an 8 page booklet that i typed up for friends of my aunts. My favorite part of helping people with their disney troubles is getting phone calls or seeing pictures of how much i helped them out. :)

wvdisneyfamily

#1 Stay on property.
#2 Make ADRs 180 days in advance.
#3 Get to your park of choice at least 45 minutes prior to opening.
#4 Take advantage of EMH.
#5 Use your Fastpasses for the BIG rides.
#6 Ride the BIG rides during parades.
#7 Ride Test Track early because if it rains, it takes a while to reopen.
#8 Drink the Beverly. :slurp:

wdwmomof3

I have Disney radar too!:lol: I heard a mom at school one day talking about their first trip to Disney and I started talking to her just about everyday until her trip about the dining plan & everything else. I gave her park maps and a few books to read. It was so fun for both of us and she said that it helped her a lot.

I guess my best advice is to read the Unofficial Guide to WDW, get to the park early each day, make ADR's as early as you can, get the hopper pass & take an afternoon break each day. Oh yea, join WDWMagic!:D

aj_steig

My advice is don't underestimate the size of WDW. I took my husband for the first time in Jan of 2006 and he had no idea how huge the place was. He was a bit overwhelmed the first few days we were there, but he got used to it :)

DISMOM

Go to the library and check out the recent 'Passporter', 'Birnbaum's', 'Unofficial Guide...', 'Disney on a Dime', ect.... to get a feel for their wonderful trip to come.

KC82271

I usually get the call from friends and family stating "I am going to Disney World, can you help me out?" I was on the phone at work one day with one of the bosses for an hour and a half giving all kinds of advice. Then he tells me last week, he postponed the trip a year, because he thinks it's too much for his 4 and 5 year olds. I told him don't be silly. You can do it. Guess I gave too much advice!

bayoumoon

I beg and plead until they take me with them j/k...... I usually tell them to get a guide book and check out a few differant websites. I also encourage them to stay on site and use the provided transportation.( who wants to hunt for parking) I also encourage all adults going to ride even the rides they wouldn't think they'll like because they are in for some surprises!!

Duchesse

Usually I tell them that Disney is not a vacation to take lightly. Don't think you can "show up" and have a good time. Plan, plan, plan.

DAKOTADISNEY

I think I could give advice to anyone who would listen about WDW all day, but they may get really tired of my Disney enthusiasm. One piece of advice I would give, besides what others have said is to bring along/or buy snacks to eat while you're there. The routine stuff like granola bars, fruit snacks, soda, etc.. But make sure to splurge at the parks on the special Disney snacks that you really want such as Dole Whips, Ice Cream, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom