What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Off the grid for the weekend. Went to the House of Blues in New Orleans. I think that sums up my weekend.

9 miles Friday on local Greenway trail. Went exploring into some rough trails that are hardly marked off the Greenway and easy to lose the trail. Found some jeep trails that go along the ridge lines and go 20 miles. Im looking forward to exploring those, even though they are on "private" property. :cautious:

4 miles yesterday at 3. Hottest part of the day and I loved it.
Private property, HA! Go get it brother! :devilish:

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - Welcome back, your trip sounds amazing, I definitely want to head out west in the near future, especially after I caught wind of the glampling they have at Yellowstone. The bridge fire was caused due to an 18 wheeler that somehow caught on fire - they just got done repairing the bridge from the truck fire that happened less than a month ago.

Ariel484

3 miles on the treadmill @ 9:40 before work.
Good luck in the 5k on Castaway Cay! I did it this past March when I was on the Caribbean cruise. Even though it might not seem like much beforehand, it's a pretty unique experience.
Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to it. At least I know I'll get one run in during the cruise this way! :)

JillC LI

@JillC LI I am so jealous. I can wait to do this with my girls and Sam.

I highly recommend it, but wait until your girls are a little older. They need to be hardy for a trip like this. And it is not for the faint of heart when it comes to heights. I actually have a fair bit of acrophobia which made it difficult at times for me to go out to the most scenic viewing points/trails in Zion, Bryce and Grand Canyon. I conquered my fear because I didn't want to miss the views, but I was very scared at times, not only for myself but when I hubby and kids would go right to the edges of the guard rails, or worse to the edges where there were NO guard rails! LOL

@JillC LI - Welcome back! Sounds like a great vacation! How was the mule ride? Scary? :eek:

The mule rides were really cool. We actually split up on two different rides. My hubby and son did the half day ride that goes halfway down into the Canyon along narrow switchbacks and sheer cliffs. I knew I was too afraid of heights to handle that, and my daughter was slightly afraid too (less than me), so she and I went on the half day ride along the rim and through the forest to a beautiful viewing point. It was less time on the edges than the ride down into the Canyon but still with the mule-riding experience and gorgeous vantage points. We all had a blast. Mules seem to be a much smoother ride than horses, and I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

Anyway, as for running, 3.5 miles this morning at 9:51 pace. Nice and cool out, but it's starting to be not as light in early mornings before work and soon I will be relegated back to my TM for pre-work runs. Sigh.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Private property, HA! Go get it brother! :devilish:
We requested permission to run back there and we were denied. I have some friends that have gained permission, and it is all political. So, I keep my ears wide open and listen for anything coming. I saw dirt bike tracks and 4 wheeler tracks as well. Trail heads were marked with plastic ribbon tied to the branches of trees. It is active for sure. I also saw horse shoe imprints and the nearest barn is about 2 miles and 10 miles away. I will send you a screen grab of the mtn. It is insane how far I could go.
I highly recommend it, but wait until your girls are a little older. They need to be hardy for a trip like this. And it is not for the faint of heart when it comes to heights. I actually have a fair bit of acrophobia which made it difficult at times for me to go out to the most scenic viewing points/trails in Zion, Bryce and Grand Canyon. I conquered my fear because I didn't want to miss the views, but I was very scared at times, not only for myself but when I hubby and kids would go right to the edges of the guard rails, or worse to the edges where there were NO guard rails!
We will. Lord, I would be a nervous wreck with Rivers especially.

fmingo36

Last night was 2 miles on the TM and an hour of yoga/pilates.
This morning 4.5 miles at a comfortable 10:36 pace--and no knee pain! Nice temps for a morning run.

Welcome Back @JillC LI! It sounds like you had an amazing vacation. I get what you're saying about fear of people going over the edge at the Grand Canyon--I was so surprised with the lack of guard rails. I would love to take my girls but I know I would be a nervous wreck.
POST pictures on FB!!!

LindsayLoves

@Texas84 - congrats on the new PR, especially a PR at a Disney race! I take it you didn't have too tough of a time with the crowds at this one? Have fun in Vegas.

Today was 5 miles @8:50 pace. I felt super sluggish for most of this run and couldn't wait for the last .5 mile to be over. It wasn't pretty but its in the books and I am starting to have a little faith that I can set a half PR this fall after taking a week and a half off with my tendonitis/feet issues.

JillC LI

Last night was 2 miles on the TM and an hour of yoga/pilates.
This morning 4.5 miles at a comfortable 10:36 pace--and no knee pain! Nice temps for a morning run.

Welcome Back @JillC LI! It sounds like you had an amazing vacation. I get what you're saying about fear of people going over the edge at the Grand Canyon--I was so surprised with the lack of guard rails. I would love to take my girls but I know I would be a nervous wreck.
POST pictures on FB!!!

Glad to hear the knee felt good.
My kids are 11 and 14 so a bit older than yours and Joel's. They were very obedient when it came to "don't you dare take one step further!" LOL. I can't imagine bringing kids any younger than that there, and yet people did - and didn't properly supervise them! In fact, the park rangers kept reminding people, "This isn't Disneyland folks."

My son was actually very sweet with me and my fear of heights. He knew I wanted to make it out to all the viewing points, but sometimes my feet wouldn't take the steps, and he would come and wrap his arm around my shoulders (he's taller than me now!) and slowly walk me out while my hubby kept an eye on DD. He's always been like that with me at Disney too when I was scared to try a new (for me) ride.

:D Chillin' in Vegas this week. Just wanted to post my 2:18 new PR set at Disneyland.

Congratulations Mark!

As for me, 3.5 miles this morning -1/3 mile intervals. Cool temp in the 50s!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom