What did you do?

dreamfinder

This past weekend was more running than training. Sat ran a 5k, won my group (Hooray!), but turns out there were only 2 in it (Boo. : ( ) When I pulled in the driveway afterwards, my DW was heading to the gym, so she hopped in my car and then I did another 5k at the gym, plus some bike and core stuff. Sun I had no desire to run at all, but got outside, did something totally out of my norm. Ran 4.5 mi to a trailhead (8 min/mi pretty good pace), did 6 mi on the trails (best running mentally I have done in years, only saw 4 other people while I was out there, nothing to do but zone out, listen to my breathing and foot steps, and try not to trip on tree roots), and then ran 4.5 mi back home (felt like crud, something like a 12 min pace). So good and bad. Sounds like some good runs were had by others this past week, keep on truckin...

ChristaH

I am so envious of all you people who can just go out and run! We spent the weekend in Fairhope, AL celebrating our 25th anniversary. That is one fitness-oriented place! Everywhere we went, especially in the mornings, there were people running along the bay, riding bikes, walking. I did run 2 miles Sunday morning. A little hip pain afterwards but it is still the inner thigh giving me trouble. Right now I am limited to running twice a week and doing elliptical in between. Not gonna make much progress toward adding mileage at that pace, but it is what it is!

LindsayLoves

I am so envious of all you people who can just go out and run! We spent the weekend in Fairhope, AL celebrating our 25th anniversary. That is one fitness-oriented place! Everywhere we went, especially in the mornings, there were people running along the bay, riding bikes, walking. I did run 2 miles Sunday morning. A little hip pain afterwards but it is still the inner thigh giving me trouble. Right now I am limited to running twice a week and doing elliptical in between. Not gonna make much progress toward adding mileage at that pace, but it is what it is!

Happy 25th Anniversary!!!

Also I can't speak for everyone here but I am very grateful of everyday I can get out and run. I've had little injury set backs here and there and just with those issues I know any day I can run is a good day.

fmingo36

I think the running gods were against me this morning--couldn't find my knee brace, my GPS watch did not charge even though I had it on the charger on all night, the zipper on my fuel bet was stuck so I could not put my house key or phone in it. AUGH! I still managed a 5 mile run. I'm not sure about my pace because I didn't have a watch.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Off the grid again this weekend. 14.5 mile trail event Saturday with some heavy technical terrain that you couldn't run. It was a nice break to walk a bit, but calves and quads got a good workout with the descent and ascents. First place took it in 2:31:00ish and I was 2:45:00ish I think. Official numbers aren't out. Ill take that since a lot of people tapered for it, but I did my usual week but gave myself Friday off. It was in the 80's quickly once we started. I would have liked a 7am start. So as I came in around mile 13, you are about 10 feet above Tranquility Lake on true single track. About 14 inches wide and very narrow. As I was hitting a spot where the sun was hitting the banks, a water moccasin (sp?) slithered through my legs in my stride and into the water very fast. I almost needed to change my shorts. It was about 36ish inches long. Yep.

Sunday, it was rise and shine early again. Volunteered for another trail event on the same course, but slightly different. My daughter went with me with a quote when I woke her up "Daddy, why are we getting up, its still dark outside". Yes it is sweetheart, yes it is. She was a trooper. 20 mile event with (2) 10 mile loops. Aid station 1 at Peavine falls.... we rocked it.

Aid Station Peavine Ready for business.

IMG_2698.jpg

These girls were there 7 hours, and were awesome. Never complained. The girl on the right is my training buddy's daughter. We had great convo's the whole day. The best part is, all the runners reception of kids being there. From what I see, my experience and comments afterwards, the kids are well liked and some runners favorite parts. They stay out of the way (per what we tell them to do), they will run 25 yards or so with you up to the AS, clapping and telling you that you are rocking it, and the majority of the people, go back to high five these kids when they leave. Isabeau is the queen of telling the girls that their outfits are really cool. She always wants to get back out and help "those runners".

IMG_2704.jpg

4 miles this morning to stretch out the legs. Calves a little tight, but overall, feel great. New shoes coming this week. My Hoka's are worn out with 550ish miles on them. Ill use them for some runs.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think the running gods were against me this morning--couldn't find my knee brace, my GPS watch did not charge even though I had it on the charger on all night, the zipper on my fuel bet was stuck so I could not put my house key or phone in it. AUGH! I still managed a 5 mile run. I'm not sure about my pace because I didn't have a watch.
Hate to hear this, but we all have days like that. At least you didnt crawl back into bed. ;) Way to go girl.

BTW, pace doesnt matter on Mondays. Thats my rule and Im sticking to it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Remember, the running gods are ALWAYS against us. If they weren't, then there would be no point ;)
Great job sticking it to them!

JillC LI

Joel, I Liked your post, but I wanted to Super-Like it!

As for me, I did 8 miles on Saturday morning. I guess the 10 days off from running while on vacation did mess with my fitness level a tad because at about 1.5 miles I had no idea how I was ever going to finish the run. But finish it I did at about 10:34 pace.

This morning was 4 miles at 9:50 pace. Still trying to squeeze in those morning runs outside before I can't do that safely due to darkness.

LindsayLoves

BTW, pace doesnt matter on Mondays. Thats my rule and Im sticking to it.

Hear, hear!

My legs are apparently still dead from my 12 miler on Saturday so I just muddled through 5 miles at a 9:10 pace. This was my wake up call to get back into doing weights a few times a week, not sure my legs have been this tired in a long time.

Kristia

Tried to run today but as soon as I started, I had a bit of pain, no doubt from the run on Saturday. I have decided that I will just rest up this week and keep up with the stretches and strengthening. I will hope for the best with my half on Sunday!

imagination30

get back in to the groove of long distances.. so today after work another test run.. to finish breaking in my new shoes.. , did 7.23 with a av pace of 12:16 , and a mile pace of 4.88, at one point I had my av pace down to 11:16, but the stupid humity ... made it it hard to move , but a nice after work run..

Sumrdog

@joel_maxwell I love that you brought your daughter to help with the race!

I was able to sneak in a quick 3.25 after work and between picking up kids at play rehearsal and soccer practice. I must have pulled a muscle somewhere in my thigh during our 30 minute swim to shore towing the 500lb dragon boat full of water on Friday, I have a strange pain going down my inner thigh. But regardless of the pain and the heat (85) I managed to finish in a pretty respectable pace for me and while I was running my work called to tell me that I could be on low census call tomorrow :D, so I will try to get in a longer run tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sumrdog

Tried to run today but as soon as I started, I had a bit of pain, no doubt from the run on Saturday. I have decided that I will just rest up this week and keep up with the stretches and strengthening. I will hope for the best with my half on Sunday!

Good luck! I am sure it will be fun, do they give you chocolate?

bethram

Off the grid again this weekend. 14.5 mile trail event As I was hitting a spot where the sun was hitting the banks, a water moccasin (sp?) slithered through my legs in my stride and into the water very fast. I almost needed to change my shorts. It was about 36ish inches long. Yep.

That would have freaked me out!

That is so cool that you brought your daughter and that she and the runners had such great interaction!

Sumrdog

Haha! Not at this one. The Hershey Half is in Oct. This one is the Rock-n-Roll Half in Philadelphia. They did have some great chocolate milk at the end last year though!
Well that should be fun also! I did the Rock n Roll full in Phoenix...Lots of Elvis's and a super good time.

Have you heard of the Hot Chocolate race series? They have 5 and 15k's and you get a whole bowl of chocolate goodies at the finish...

Kristia

Well that should be fun also! I did the Rock n Roll full in Phoenix...Lots of Elvis's and a super good time.

Have you heard of the Hot Chocolate race series? They have 5 and 15k's and you get a whole bowl of chocolate goodies at the finish...

I did the RNR half last year and it was probably my favorite race to date outside of Disney. I have heard of the hot chocolate ones. I am not sure if they have any by me. I am sure they will soon though. All these race series' keep getting bigger especially the specialty ones. They are actually starting a new one in PA somewhere that is going to be a "running of the bulls" type event. Oh boy...think I will skip that one!

JillC LI

Now you have my attention! Where? When? :p
In addition to running with some WDW gals at the Hershey Half, I have been dreaming about something I ate at Hershey Park when I was last there almost 10 years ago - a s'more made with giant, hot chocolate chip cookies instead of graham crackers. I can still taste it now!

ejsanta13

Haven't been on this week, so lets catch up on the last couple of runs. Saturday, did 9.15 miles @ a 9:04 pace. Felt pretty good, only a little calf soreness. Longest run to date, training for the Baystate 1/2 in October. Today was a typical before work run. 3.32 @ 8:49. Never know what you are going to get in the mornings now. Typical NorthEast late summer/early fall. Life Beyond the Illustration. Left wearing long sleves & pants. Was regretting that before mile 1 was over......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom