What did you do?

a2grafix

Met @melflip8 Thursday evening at Disneyland with her friend Stacy and closed the park with some great rides and a free churro and VIP seating for "Magical' fireworks in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. On the agenda Friday, running 3 miles around West Katella and Harbor Boulevard before heading to the Disneyland Half expo.

ejsanta13

3.25 in 27:38 w/ a 5k PR of 26:23. Good morning to run, and actually felt good. Felt so good I signed up for a 1/2 in October. Been training for one, but didn't think I would run one this quick. Any Magicers in the MA area that are going to run in the Baystate 1/2 or full, give a holla.

imagination30

nice .. 3.38 miler , it was hot but felt good ... to get outside and finally run.. , mile 1 I had a little kid on the bike ride beside me and ask me if I was tired! .lol, then on my last mile was running arounf a local middle school , and they had just got out .. and so these girls saw me running by them and one said , I wish I was running with you , and the others as I got by hollerd keep going.. , made me feel good! ... :) and today I saw the Disneyworld Hlaf medal .. now I cant wait to own that thing!!

av. pace .. -- 11:16
pace per mile - 5:33

a2grafix

I met Jeff Galloway Friday at the Disneyland Expo. That is all.

Don't mind the stain. It was a hot day outside and inside the Disneyland Half expo, not to mention a 2-3 hour line ride to get to an official race merchandise checkout register. Yeah you heard me.

1273105_10151788982212708_1533467433_o.jpg

fmingo36

I met Jeff Galloway Friday at the Disneyland Expo. That is all.

Don't mind the stain. It was a hot day outside and inside the Disneyland Half expo, not to mention a 2-3 hour line ride to get to an official race merchandise checkout register. Yeah you heard me.

1273105_10151788982212708_1533467433_o.jpg
Nice photo Tim.
2-3 hrs to buy merchandise is RIDICULOUS! I thought the set up for the expo was not ideal when I was there in 2011.
Have a great race! I'll be there next year!!!

Mad Stitch

6 miles this morning. I hate when your in a crosswalk and traffic decides to proceed anyway. It breaks your stride. It usually happens once per run but this morning it seemed like it happened at every crosswalk I came to.

a2grafix

@a2grafix
2-3 hrs to buy merchandise is RIDICULOUS! I thought the set up for the expo was not ideal when I was there in 2011.
Have a great race! I'll be there next year!!!

2-3 hours! Yikes! :eek:

Yes. 2-3 hours, which after looking at a wide selection of shirts, pilsner glasses, sweatshirts, I DID IT shirts, I said no to the line. At one point I was going to purchase a shirt, a nice one with a mix of yellow and green, but cast members shut down the line, so they could catch up and wipe the checkout line. runDisney and everyone hyped up the special merchandise that everyone who got their bibs and shirts went directly into the check out line. Organized chaos.

There was a zigzagging line to get race bibs in the basement, then another line to get into the expo. Crazy lots of people. Was told to follow the green line, also look for the cast member with the green balloon. That's the end of the line. Expo started at 10am Friday, but runners lined up as early as 8:30-9am to get a crack at the limited merch, which there was plenty. Hype runDisney City. Many of us thought there were no lines for rides at the parks because we are all here for the expo! LOL.

On top of that we were clogged with Disneyland Hotel guests, so it was a cluster sometimes, and quite warm. Upper 80s by 11am.

2013-08-30_11-56-07_719.jpg

2013-08-30_12-04-30_487.jpg

2013-08-30_12-05-49_431.jpg

2013-08-30_12-44-13_548.jpg

Biggest Loser reality star Ali Vincent.

2013-08-30_13-06-14_609.jpg

Sean Astin.

2013-08-30_13-24-54_991.jpg

Last edited:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
An easy 2.5 miles this morning, followed by a good leg workout.

Tough Mudder is 1 week from today. I'm looking forward to that.

Kristia

Haven't run since last Monday. Still having some posterior shin splint type pain. Hard to tell if it is muscle strain or what. Grrrr! I don't have time for this! My next half marathon is in 2 weeks and I am torn on whether to run or rest it. It usually stops hurting as I run but the next day is a bit painful. Husband says I have muscle weaknesses so I am trying to do exercises to strengthen those issues. Ordered a compression sleeve for that calf to see if that helps.

LindsayLoves

Haven't run since last Monday. Still having some posterior shin splint type pain. Hard to tell if it is muscle strain or what. Grrrr! I don't have time for this! My next half marathon is in 2 weeks and I am torn on whether to run or rest it. It usually stops hurting as I run but the next day is a bit painful. Husband says I have muscle weaknesses so I am trying to do exercises to strengthen those issues. Ordered a compression sleeve for that calf to see if that helps.

If the race is so close and you are experiencing pain you should definitely rest. My thought is that the rest will be better for you than potentially injuring yourself any further.

Sumrdog

I did 9.1 sluggish and slow miles Saturday morning. It was so humid I felt like I was running with someone's hand covering my nose and mouth. I felt awful for about an hour afterward.

Saturday was the last day of our east coast trip, we went to The Boston Tea Party Museum which was really neat. I highly recommend that to anyone who hasn't done it. We went to aquarium after, had delicious seafood and watched fireworks over Boston harbor. I was pretty tired Saturday night between the running and being a tourist.

Yesterday we were up at 4:40am for an uneventful journey back home. I am happy to be back here in the land of 10% humidity, hopefully I can get back into my routine again, I only ran three times during our 11 day trip.

The kids start school tomorrow and today I have tons of squash, beans, eggplants, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli and onions to pick that grew all crazy while we were on vacation. It's going to be a busy week...

Happy Labor Day everyone!

Kristia

If the race is so close and you are experiencing pain you should definitely rest. My thought is that the rest will be better for you than potentially injuring yourself any further.
That is kind of my thought too. My biggest worry is that I am training for the Philadelphia Marathon in Nov and I am worried about trying to keep my training on track. I may give it another week off and then try some light runs.

fmingo36

Sorry to hear about the pain Kristy. I have not been running at 100% (knee & hip pain still) and it's frustrating knowing that there are races coming up that I am training for.
You have been very consistent on your running so I would think a break in training won't effect you too badly.

Kristia

Sorry to hear about the pain Kristy. I have not been running at 100% (knee & hip pain still) and it's frustrating knowing that there are races coming up that I am training for.
You have been very consistent on your running so I would think a break in training won't effect you too badly.
Thanks! It stinks. I guess I can't complain too much since this is my first real set back since my knee issues (that seems to be fine, go figure). Sorry to hear you are still having your issues. I was pretty consistent till our Disney trip and then it all went to pot. I hope I can get through the next race. Probably not for the PR I was hoping for though! Found a KT taping technique for posterior shin splints so I might try that.

LindsayLoves

@Kristia
I agree with this, we all get so caught up in keeping on track with training that we don't realize that it is totally ok to take a step back if your body is sending you signals that say stop or slow down.

NYCRuns Labor Day 10k on Roosevelt Island this morning. These races are very much the "small town" races of NYC, no corrals just line up with others who are around your pace and they even wait for everyone to get out of the port-o-potties to start the race. With recent injury issues this was going to be a fun run for me after my last bad summer 10k I just wanted to take it easy and have fun, I did had my Garmin on but didn't pay attention to it (other than noticing that it was really off on mileage). I felt great and knew I could sustain my pace for the rest of the race but at around mile 3 I noticed a huge fireball on the Queensboro bridge, about 10 seconds later they had race marshalls telling us the race was suspended due to the fire on the bridge (an 18 wheeler crashed with another vehicle on the lower level of the bridge) and of course this collision was on the part of the bridge that went right over the course! They told us to stand by because they might let us finish the race if they got clearance from the NYPD/FDNY. 15 minutes later it was called off. After looking at my Garmin for the first time I realized I was on track for a sub 50 minute 10k. Yes I was bummed but what can you do? I decided to make up the mileage by running home - another 4 miles. Have a great holiday everyone! Here's a photo from a race participant of the fire on the bridge once it was no longer a fireball, can't blame them for calling this one off as the race went right underneath that spot.
bridge3n-4-web.jpg

Kristia

@LindsayLoves - Yikes! What a 10k story! Way to make the best of it by running home though. Glad to hear you are on the mend and feeling good. It is always hard to take my own advice (I know I have told others to rest when injured)! Always feel the passage of time more when you have a race coming up and you can't train. I know it is better in the long run to rest. My friend hasn't run more than 3 miles due to an injury and she is doing the RNR half also. She plans to run/walk it, so the worst that can happen is I will be doing that with her. I hope to start back up with my biking to try and keep some endurance. I have been slacking on my cross training since getting back from vacation!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom