What did you do?

a2grafix

Ran 13.1 miles with 17.5K of my friends Sunday morning at Disneyland Half. Between 2:30-2:45 hours. B corral. Run time temp 70F and partly cloudy. Said hi and passed Joey Fatone twice before and after Angels Stadium around miles 9 and 10. He started in A. Half of C2C challenge in the books.

Mad Stitch

Haven't run since last Monday. Still having some posterior shin splint type pain. Hard to tell if it is muscle strain or what. Grrrr! I don't have time for this! My next half marathon is in 2 weeks and I am torn on whether to run or rest it. It usually stops hurting as I run but the next day is a bit painful. Husband says I have muscle weaknesses so I am trying to do exercises to strengthen those issues. Ordered a compression sleeve for that calf to see if that helps.

I had that kind of shin splint about a month ago. I never experienced the posterior kind before. About a mile into my run they were so painful I would be in tears. I had to stop running for two weeks and let them rest.

Kristia

I had that kind of shin splint about a month ago. I never experienced the posterior kind before. About a mile into my run they were so painful I would be in tears. I had to stop running for two weeks and let them rest.
Mine is kind of weird because it hurts bad when I start and then it lets up after about half a mile. It never goes away but I can run and I don't have to alter my gait due to pain. More of a nagging ache. Was your pain on the inside of your lower leg? After I run, it is really bad the morning after when I wake up until I move around and it loosens up. Sometimes I feel the pull in my heel too. It has been bugging me for about 2 weeks, but I have only been off running for a week. Going to give it another week of rest and hope for the best! Still doing some strengthening exercises.

ChristaH

Mine is kind of weird because it hurts bad when I start and then it lets up after about half a mile. It never goes away but I can run and I don't have to alter my gait due to pain. More of a nagging ache. Was your pain on the inside of your lower leg? After I run, it is really bad the morning after when I wake up until I move around and it loosens up. Sometimes I feel the pull in my heel too. It has been bugging me for about 2 weeks, but I have only been off running for a week. Going to give it another week of rest and hope for the best! Still doing some strengthening exercises.

That is exactly how my hip did until I just couldn't stand it any more. When I was taking 2 alleve three times a day, it was time to do something! The two weeks of rest helped, but I really think the strengthening exercises did more good than anything else. I got up this morning feeling a little pull on the inside of my thigh, did my exercises and iced and had no more pain the rest of the day. I go back to the PT tomorrow and I am sure we will fight over how fast I can start ramping up the miles. He rolled his eyes at me last week when I said I needed to do a 10K in October for corral placement.

Hope you start feeling better soon, Kristia!

Last edited:

Mad Stitch

Yep, inside of both my lower legs. And just like you it would hurt for the first mile then go away, so I would just run through it. I would feel sore the next day, or later in the same day if it was an early morning weekend run. It gradually got worse until the time I was in tears after the first mile, that made me decide this wasn't right and I took some time off to heal. After two weeks off I'm fine now.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Sat was 1@8, 6@6:34,1@8, Sun was a 13.1@7:18 in spirit of everyone doing the DLR 1/2. Today was 45 mins of cross training on the bike.

@a2grafix 2-3 hrs for merch is crazy. Although I only recall them having like 5 registers for the DLR expo.

@LindsayLoves fireballs at a non-adventure race 10k? No thanks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Off the grid for the weekend. Went to the House of Blues in New Orleans. I think that sums up my weekend.

9 miles Friday on local Greenway trail. Went exploring into some rough trails that are hardly marked off the Greenway and easy to lose the trail. Found some jeep trails that go along the ridge lines and go 20 miles. Im looking forward to exploring those, even though they are on "private" property. :cautious:

4 miles yesterday at 3. Hottest part of the day and I loved it.

Ariel484

16 miles total last week...pretty "meh" overall.

Yesterday was 6 miles with 3x1600 @ 8:49 pace...800 recovery after each mile repeat, 1 mile warm-up and cool-down. I headed to our local park for this (1 loop around the park = 0.5 miles). 8:49 is really pushing it for me but I ended up at 8:40, 8:42 and 8:32 for my 3 repeats, so I'm pleased with that. I got rained on during the second mile and it drizzled off and on for the remainder of the run. I'm so ready to be done with this humidity.

Today was some strength training + Ab Ripper X.

Castaway Cay 5K coming up one week from today! :D

ejsanta13

Sunday run was longest yet - 8.31 miles. 10:04 pace. Ran w/ a friend @ her pace. Strong @ the end and felt like I could have finished a 1/2 that day. Was a good day. 3.33 this morning @ 8:58 pace. Typical before work run, except it is barely light out when I get up.:(

a2grafix

Update: Ran 2:36.0 net time; 2:45:43 clock time in Sunday's Disneyland Half. Finished 139th in military division and 5,683 out of 15,847 runners according to runDisney / Track Shack. Not too bad for my first-ever runDisney half, and my second ever half.

Ran faster than Joey Fatone, too, by nearly 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Sumrdog

6.6 this morning at a leisurely 10:54. I am just not feeling very motivated lately...I think the hectic chaos of my life is catching up with me. The kids went back to school today and the hospital put me on call, so I have been gifted with an unexpected and much needed day to myself...I have a million things I should be doing but I can't seem to pull myself out of this chair...

JillC LI

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Miss me?

We were away for 9 days on a family National Parks tour, and what a trip it was! Utah is absolutely beautiful - you must see that part of the country if you have a chance. Zion, Bryce and Capitol Reef National Parks - each one more beautiful than the next. And the Grand Canyon is, what can I say, truly AWE-some. I did not run once while we were away, and I am completely fine with that. We did tons of hiking, tubed 2 miles down the Virgin River, and rode mules at the Grand Canyon. I got more than my share of physical activity. Interestingly, we caught the red-eye to NY Sunday night, and when I arrived home at 6:45am on 3 hours airplane sleep, the first thing I wanted to do when I walked in the door was go for a run. They thought I was crazy, but I left my hubby and kids to begin unpacking, threw on my running clothes, and hit the street for a nice (albeit very humid) 4 mile run. Gotta start amping up my mileage soon for the Hershey Half.

I just caught up on 5 pages of posts that I missed while I was away. I won't respond to them all individually, but congrats to all that set PRs, completed new longer distances, are healing from injuries, and enjoyed vacations. Lindsay, I didn't hear anything about that fire on the bridge - what caused it? Kristy and Coryna, heal up quick because we have some chocolate to eat in PA ladies! Nick, love your new family member.

It's back to school day for us today. I can't believe my son is starting high school! He tries out for the JV Track team after school today.

Kristia

@JillC LI - Welcome back! Sounds like a great vacation! How was the mule ride? Scary? :eek: I am trying to heal! Keeping from running when you have races coming up is so frustrating!!:banghead: I did jog a few steps at work on my way out to a greenhouse. Didn't feel too bad. At least not the pain I have been having in my first few steps, so I hope I am on the mend. Still going to give my self the rest of the week off....much as I hate to!

diddy_mouse

No running this weekend. Had some things really getting me down which made it really hard to get motivated. I did do almost an hour of yoga today to get things back on track and I think it's helping pull me out of the less-than-stellar mood.

Looking to get in a couple miles tomorrow morning...

ChristaH

1.25 miles before work, eye rolls from the physical therapist at lunch time! LOL! The hip feels good, but I'm still feeling a pull in the inner thigh.

Welcome back, @JillC LI It is one of my great disappointments that we lived in Southeast Idaho for two years and never made it down to the Bryce/Zion area, the Grand Canyon or Mt. Rushmore. We did do a lot of Salt Lake City area, Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, which are all beautiful but in completely different ways than in southern Utah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom